FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Either we as a group have crashed the NPC site, or my computer is having issues loading that webpage.  I can access all other websites but NPC now.  Awesome!

Guest CursedSwabbie

Either we as a group have crashed the NPC site, or my computer is having issues loading that webpage.  I can access all other websites but NPC now.  Awesome!

i can access it and all of it's non telling pages!

I know last year two YN1(SS)s made it.  Good luck to you bro.  I'm assuming you're the LYN?  Do you have COW or DOOW?

I am the LYN and I am qualified and stand COW and DCPO but not DOOW.  How much do you think not being qualified DOOW hurts my chances?  I've talked to some 6410 LDOs and other applicants about it and they all seem to think it's not an issue at all.  They said that qualifications matter much more in the senior enlisted selection boards than it does for LDO.  What do you think and do you know if the two YN1(SS)s that made it last year were qualified DOOW?  Thanks.

YN1(SS)

I know one of the YN1s who made it last year and I don't think that he was quald Dive. However, his CO's recommendation was signed by a star. I wasn't done with dive last year when I submitted and it was my first time. Didn't get the "S" but it's different board to board. Don't dwell too much on it. Talking to LDOs the biggest thing considered in a board is CO recommendation, evals/awards (SSP), and appraisal sheets.

Guest CursedSwabbie

I haven't seen any BM's in here anyone know and any applying for 71xx?

i know 1 applying for 71 but he also applying for LDO. Now that you bring that up I have not seen too many 612X or warrant applicants.

Guest YNC(SS)

YN1(SS)

I know one of the YN1s who made it last year and I don't think that he was quald Dive. However, his CO's recommendation was signed by a star. I wasn't done with dive last year when I submitted and it was my first time. Didn't get the "S" but it's different board to board. Don't dwell too much on it. Talking to LDOs the biggest thing considered in a board is CO recommendation, evals/awards (SSP), and appraisal sheets.

I'm also not qualified DOOW, but I've been told that DOOW is not critical, you need to at least have COW.  I also made Chief with out being qualified DOOW.  So don't sweat that.

YN1(SS)

YN1, thanks for the info.  I know that being qualified DOOW is better than not being qualified DOOW but I am somewhat relieved to see that it's not a huge deal.  I'm about 50% complete with it and should be done well before next years pkg is due just in case I don't get selected.  Thanks for your reply and I wish you the best of luck!

I'm also not qualified DOOW, but I've been told that DOOW is not critical, you need to at least have COW.  I also made Chief with out being qualified DOOW.  So don't sweat that.

Thanks for the info Chief.  I'll stop freak'n out now.  lol.  Good luck to you.

Good morning from the best coast my fellow hopefuls. Am I the only 616X guy here? Here's to another day of waiting.

616X/618X here. Just joined the forum. Statioined in Norfolk

Anyone up for 7441? 2nd time up for CWO 4th time up for Officer. My first two applications were for LDO 6441

Haven't seen too many 744X candidates around. I know several of us are putting in for 644x though. Best of luck to you brother.

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

Anyone up for 7441? 2nd time up for CWO 4th time up for Officer. My first two applications were for LDO 6441

Applied for 7421 & 7441. Prior CTO and had two 7441s tell me to put it on there.

Haven't seen too many 744X candidates around. I know several of us are putting in for 644x though. Best of luck to you brother.

Thank you! Best of luck to you as well! I'm to old for LDO now =) im at 16 years now

Applied for 7421 & 7441. Prior CTO and had two 7441s tell me to put it on there.

Definately does not hurt! Before you wer forced to the darkside you were a crypy BBb)

Guest CursedSwabbie

So I was in the NAVADMINS and got this:

"Unable to connect to database.  Check database connection information and make sure the database server is running."

Guest YNC(SS)

So I was in the NAVADMINS and got this:

"Unable to connect to database.  Check database connection information and make sure the database server is running."

I had no issue, I think that just happens sometimes with the NAVADMINs.

Guest CursedSwabbie

I had no issue, I think that just happens sometimes with the NAVADMINs.

hmmm.... i still have not been able to access it....Probably my side 

Guest YNC(SS)

i got it back up now....i think my isp got tired of me hitting F5 on a single website!

I just stare at Msg Traffic.  I think I have a job I'm supposed to do but I can't seem to focus on anything else.