FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

I know how you feel, the man who sat my board and was the second most senior 6410 on the board knows the answer but he wont talk to me.  I send him emails about work stuff hoping he'll give me a hint....but he wont.

Yes he does. I know if you are on the list, he must be itching to be the first one to tell you, but his lips are sewn together. If I were you I will hire a an expert to monitor his body movements and facial expressions when ever he sees you. lol

Guest YNC(SS)

Yes he does. I know if you are on the list, he must be itching to be the first one to tell you, but his lips are sewn together. If I were you I will hire a an expert to monitor his body movements and facial expressions when ever he sees you. lol

What sucks is he is in Norfolk and I'm in DC now so I can't see him everyday.  Whether I make it or not he's my first phone call, well second phone call after COMSUBWIFE.

Guest CursedSwabbie

What sucks is he is in Norfolk and I'm in DC now so I can't see him everyday.  Whether I make it or not he's my first phone call, well second phone call after COMSUBWIFE.

yeah gotta let COMNAVCHECKBOOK know anything and everything

I have a reserve CWO in my NOSC who sat the board and he drills this weekend. I told him I applied last Nov, but I am not sure if he remembers me since that was the first time I met him. if I see him this weekend his expressions could give me a clue. Its easier to hide your expression for someone who didn't make it than for one who does. Just human nature. Do all board members see the entire list regardless of the designator?

I have a reserve CWO in my NOSC who sat the board and he drills this weekend. I told him I applied last Nov, but I am not sure if he remembers me since that was the first time I met him. if I see him this weekend his expressions could give me a clue. Its easier to hide your expression for someone who didn't make it than for one who does. Just human nature. Do all board members see the entire list regardless of the designator?

Dogg what designator did you apply for?

I just looked at last years... why??? IDK hoping to see my name..lol

I here you man.  I woke up from a dream last night that I was selected, with commission date 1606.  Weird because I never dream.  My mind just won't turn this off! 

Guest YNC(SS)

The bad feeling is when you're so sure you're going to make it and then you don't.  That was me last year because I'm a shmuck, it hurt much worse because I was so sure.  I'm not going into this years results with the same mind set. 

The bad feeling is when you're so sure you're going to make it and then you don't.  That was me last year because I'm a shmuck, it hurt much worse because I was so sure.  I'm not going into this years results with the same mind set. 

One of the hardest things is when everyone around is so sure you're going to make it... then you don't. It's a major let down and that was me last year.

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

I had that mindset for a few years going up for Chief. Now, I figure that life could be a whole lot worse. At worst, I do not get selected for CWO and I still get to remain a Chief. Life could be worse.

Guest YNC(SS)

One of the hardest things is when everyone around is so sure you're going to make it... then you don't. It's a major let down and that was me last year.

Yeah the O5 that sat my last two appraisal boards kept telling me that I had nothing to worry about, and would wink at me when I would bring it up.  And then I didn't make it.  My O5 was pissed!  And then he sat the board in Millington this year. 

Yeah the O5 that sat my last two appraisal boards kept telling me that I had nothing to worry about, and would wink at me when I would bring it up.  And then I didn't make it.  My O5 was pissed!  And then he sat the board in Millington this year. 

Well at least you know someone at the board thinks you have nothing to worry about. The only feedback I received last year was from my OIC, who said the only reason he could think of for why I wasn't selected is because I only had 8 years time in service. Can't change that.

Dogg and I are competing with each other once again this year.

I expect at least one of us to make it this year. The only reason why I keep applying is because Senior 6410s including the old  641OCM have told me I have a shot. If these guys reviewed my package and told me i have a very long shot, I wouldn't bother. Timing is very crucial with this board and each board is different.