Alrighty then... After the corrupt database and successful server move someone recently asked for the Chief's thread so here it is. If you have any words of wisdom or questions  please chime in. 😎

And for those who are not members, feel free to join the forum!

7 hours ago, Cadams68 said:

Any word on when packages are due?  The NAVADMIN is usually out by now but I have been unable to find it.

It's very late compared to the last 3-4 years. Nothing official yet, but word is boards should adjourn OOA July 19th with results OOA August 19th. Last year, the LTB due date was Monday, June 12th. If we are in the same ballpark or date range guesstimate LTB to be due for AC boards OOA Monday, June 10th this time. 

• Like 1

Latest and Greatest:

RC Timeline

30 April 2024: Rating change deadline.

14 May 2024, 2359 CST, letter to the board (LTB) deadline.

28 May 2024: Board convenes.

08 June 2024: Board adjourns.

AC Timeline

31 May 2024: Rating change deadline.

10 June 2024, 2359 CST: LTB deadline.

24 June 2024: Board convenes.

20 July 2023: Board adjourns.

• Spot On! 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question for people familiar with the board - I've had some people say not to include things already in your record, others say to do so to call attention to specific items. Is there any sort of consensus here, on whether to submit duplicates, or to simply make comments on the letter in reference to items in my crowded OMPF? 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 11:00 AM, YN Merchant Mariner said:

Question for people familiar with the board - I've had some people say not to include things already in your record, others say to do so to call attention to specific items. Is there any sort of consensus here, on whether to submit duplicates, or to simply make comments on the letter in reference to items in my crowded OMPF? 

You will get differing opinions depending on the CPO or above you consult. The consensus has been to include items not captured in OMPF field codes 30-38 and call-out items that may be visible on OMPF (SOY NAM, FLOC, JOint/Other Awards, etc.). Just know everything you add must be reviewed and briefed by the person who gets your file.  

These two vids give a rough breakdown of the briefing scenario: 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DxMTzkPshhNw&ved=2ahUKEwik-ZyJgI6GAxVeNlkFHZ2lCfwQtwJ6BAgQEAI&usg=AOvVaw0aN8VEEePIYP3zjlHLJl8F 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DPlHtztMpnJQ&ved=2ahUKEwik-ZyJgI6GAxVeNlkFHZ2lCfwQtwJ6BAgSEAI&usg=AOvVaw2WX_A7OF-BJjYwhRUaLl9j 

In my opinion, if you think it speaks to meeting or exceeding the eligibility framework on your enlisted career path (ECP/LADR) and you want it to stand out, add it to your package/LTB. Keep your enclosures to the lowest number possible while reaching your goal. 

You are your greatest advocate!!

• Spot On! 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FisherHook said:

Okay for EESBD, do you all keep the default reference there or change it to the NAVADMIN for this board i.e for this year will be NAVADMIN 088/24? 

Per the guide: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Boards/Selection/ESSBD USER GUIDE (v5).pdf?ver=k35dhjXSjsirN3SVaSmktQ%3D%3D

"The Reference Line can be edited. Click into the reference and change the pre-populated reference.
Only one reference will be allowed."

However, I am certain there will be a healthy mix of edits and non-edits. A number of folks are still extremely confused by the two-step submission process via the ESSBD and likely will not even think about updating the reference as long as they ensure their full name and DODID are on each enclosure, as stated in the NAVADMIN. 

Per the NAVADMIN, the only ESSBD guidance is:

" 5.  Record review and communication with selection board:  refer to reference 
(f). 
    a.  LTBs should be submitted via the Electronic Submission of Selection 
Board Documents (ESSBD).  If unable to use ESSBD and for more information on 
LTBs, visit the following link: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Career-
Management/Boards/Active-Duty-Enlisted/General-Information/. 
    b.  All LTBs and each enclosure must contain the candidates full name and 
10-digit Department of Defense (DOD) identification number. Candidates must 
verify that the correct board number is on their signed cover letter.  Board 
numbers are: 
        (1) Board #335 for SELRES. 
        (2) Board #336 for TAR. 
        (3) Board #360 for AC. "

So, if you have the full name, DOD ID, and correct board number ... you should be fine. IN THEORY.... 

• Spot On! 1

On 5/29/2024 at 9:04 PM, CEC42CBs said:

Per the guide: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Boards/Selection/ESSBD USER GUIDE (v5).pdf?ver=k35dhjXSjsirN3SVaSmktQ%3D%3D

"The Reference Line can be edited. Click into the reference and change the pre-populated reference.
Only one reference will be allowed."

However, I am certain there will be a healthy mix of edits and non-edits. A number of folks are still extremely confused by the two-step submission process via the ESSBD and likely will not even think about updating the reference as long as they ensure their full name and DODID are on each enclosure, as stated in the NAVADMIN. 

Per the NAVADMIN, the only ESSBD guidance is:

" 5.  Record review and communication with selection board:  refer to reference 
(f). 
    a.  LTBs should be submitted via the Electronic Submission of Selection 
Board Documents (ESSBD).  If unable to use ESSBD and for more information on 
LTBs, visit the following link: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Career-
Management/Boards/Active-Duty-Enlisted/General-Information/. 
    b.  All LTBs and each enclosure must contain the candidates full name and 
10-digit Department of Defense (DOD) identification number. Candidates must 
verify that the correct board number is on their signed cover letter.  Board 
numbers are: 
        (1) Board #335 for SELRES. 
        (2) Board #336 for TAR. 
        (3) Board #360 for AC. "

So, if you have the full name, DOD ID, and correct board number ... you should be fine. IN THEORY.... 

ok. Thank you. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Preston Hart said:

Does anyone have an idea when the quotas for FY25 CPO board might come out? Last year they came out before the board in June, so I was just curious. Thanks!

Reserve boards ended 8JUN and Quotas dropped 11JUN to GEN POP. 

Board members are usually only ones privy to quotas until after they adjourn.

At that rate, we are looking at the week of 22nd.

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ChristianSubmariner said:

Why so late? They released quotas early as hell I believe. Thought pinning was September 16th?

Pinning is slated for 27SEP-29SEP for most areas from what I’ve been hearing .. Eval’s will undoubtedly be backdated to 15SEP per standards.

releases have not been on schedule since Covid. The new normal is no normal until it’s normal again 

Quota release has been consistent: week after boards adjourn 

• Thank You 2