FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

With your extensive experience, how do the 641X reservists make out?

I believe the competition on the reserve side is the same. More applicants and better knowledge of the program as compared to other designators.

One of the hardest things is when everyone around is so sure you're going to make it... then you don't. It's a major let down and that was me last year.

I feel you I was #1 of 5 as a PO1 last year with 8 years in and everyone at my command made it but me talk about hearbreak.... People thought i was definitely a shoe in so in my mind I believed them and was devastated when not selected.

I feel you I was # of 5 last year with 8 years in and everyone at my command made it but me talk about hearbreak.... People thought i was definitrly a shoe in so in my mind I believed them and was devastated when not selected.

Here's to hoping this is our year then!

Guest YNC(SS)

Here's to hoping this is our year then!

I was told by someone who sat the board last year for the admin guys that have only a few years really hurt some people.

I was told by someone who sat the board last year for the admin guys that have only a few years really hurt some people.

My last skipper told me that was across the board since when I first applied i had 8 years in and made PO1 just 2 years earlier. hopefully making CPO and my performance here shows my years in service dont reflect my ambition and drive,

My last skipper told me that was across the board since when I first applied i had 8 years in and made PO1 just 2 years earlier. hopefully making CPO and my performance here shows my years in service dont reflect my ambition and drive,

I hope my time in service is not a problem. I made Chief at 7 years so the couple of years as a Chief should certainly count for something.

I believe the competition on the reserve side is the same. More applicants and better knowledge of the program as compared to other designators.

The thing that has me so anxious is wondering how many reservists actually applied for the Admin Officer.

Guest YNC(SS)

I hope my time in service is not a problem. I made Chief at 7 years so the couple of years as a Chief should certainly count for something.

I made it in 7 as well, good job brother.  But it didn't help me last year.

Guest Mustang6235

Doesn't matter if it was 1 or 100, if they like you and your applicant package, you're in. Conversely, if they don't like you, you're out. Trust the package you sent in reflects who you are and roll with it.

DO you guys know if the Triad gets them the same time they post to BOL? I have heard mixed things. Is there anyone in this post that will know when the Triad is sent the results?

Cheers

ST