FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Wise speculation MM1, hope that is correct. Do you guys think the deep freeze that just came across the south is going to delay things? Norfolk is shut down today.

Cheers

ST

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

Wise speculation MM1, hope that is correct. Do you guys think the deep freeze that just came across the south is going to delay things? Norfolk is shut down today.

Cheers

ST

Not unless Millington was shut down too... I know some of TN got hit hard

I heard for  Birdie, Who knows a very reliable  squirrel, who plays poker with a schnauzer that once dated an elepahnt with an excellent memory that is best friends with a manetee that has a connection that lives in Norfolk that recently travelled to TN that got word from a fly on the wall in the CNP office that I have no idea when the results will be out...lol :)

Thi anxiety is killing me, no hit on anyone who got some credible intel just passing time....

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

Certainly a whole lot more folks reading this than I have noticed in a while. 
Always curious if any of the followers (15 right now) know something   :lol:

Any of you fellas know if you can still make Senior\Master CPO if you are selected for LDO/CWO. I have heard stories of guys getting picked up for CWO, then making senior in May. Appreciate the insight. 

ST

Guest Mustang6235

I thought enlisted advancement was stopped once LDO selected. At one time, you could put anchors on in Sept, and bars in October. That's no longer the case though.

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

Take a look at last years results message, paragraph 5.B.

... PERS-802 WILL INVALIDATE ALL FY-15 ACTIVE-DUTY NAVY LDO/CWO IN-
SERVICE PROCUREMENT SELECTION BOARD SELECTEES' ELIGIBILITY FOR THE
FY-15 ENLISTED SELECTION BOARDS.

Guest YNC(SS)

YNC(SS),

Haven't seen anything from you in a while.  Any word on CNP brief?

I haven't seen anything yet.  But I can tell you last years results came out before the call out with CNP.  I have no idea if that means anything.  But if I see anything I will post ASAP.

Guest YNC(SS)

Am I the only one who keeps looking at last year's results and imagining my name where it should be? haha

No dude, I do the same thing.  You're not weird.

I haven't seen anything yet.  But I can tell you last years results came out before the call out with CNP.  I have no idea if that means anything.  But if I see anything I will post ASAP.

Chief - did you apply for the 641X designator for active or reserve?

Guest CTR1NiceGuy

Got us a full lobby this morning! Everyone must be antsy...lol

Talked to a 28 year CWO4 this morning about the differences between going warrant and LDO. Since I'm almost at 11 years, he suggested that I keep appplying for LDO as long as I'm eligible. As it stands now, the billets for warrants are getting slimmer and their being thrown into the same as LDOs. As it stands, the Navy is supposed to be developing Warrant Officers; allowing them to run new programs and build their communties by offering chances to use their expertise. Well, apparently, it's been a bit difficult to do that and most warrants end up being DIVOs forever. I though about applying for warrant once I made Chief as soon as I was eligible. Now, I'm kind of re-thinking the whole thing. Thoughts?

Got us a full lobby this morning! Everyone must be antsy...lol

Talked to a 28 year CWO4 this morning about the differences between going warrant and LDO. Since I'm almost at 11 years, he suggested that I keep appplying for LDO as long as I'm eligible. As it stands now, the billets for warrants are getting slimmer and their being thrown into the same as LDOs. As it stands, the Navy is supposed to be developing Warrant Officers; allowing them to run new programs and build their communties by offering chances to use their expertise. Well, apparently, it's been a bit difficult to do that and most warrants end up being DIVOs forever. I though about applying for warrant once I made Chief as soon as I was eligible. Now, I'm kind of re-thinking the whole thing. Thoughts?

That's not the case with Admin. They are slimming down LDO billets for CWOs. One of my appraisal board members even told me that he is pretty sure I would have been selected for CWO if I was eligible. Unfortunately I will not be eligible to apply for CWO till the FY 18 board. I still have two more shots for LDO if not selected this cycle. My last shot will require a 4 months waiver, but I am glad that will also be my first shot for CWO. I really hope I don't have to do the math.

Guest Deepsea23

I am about to re-enlist with a new NEC with a substantial SRB. I have asked around and have not had the best of luck. How does the SRB payout work in th event selected? Say I dont get the  "S" this year, and recieve the intial 50% installment, would I continue to get the the installments if I were to pick up in FY17? Thanks. Patiently waiting, best of luck to all!

Guest YNC(SS)

I am about to re-enlist with a new NEC with a substantial SRB. I have asked around and have not had the best of luck. How does the SRB payout work in th event selected? Say I dont get the  "S" this year, and recieve the intial 50% installment, would I continue to get the the installments if I were to pick up in FY17? Thanks. Patiently waiting, best of luck to all!

I had an MM1 Nuke on my last boat who had this issue.  Unfortunately he had to pay it ALL back.  It made his decision tough, but he did it and he is now a LTJG.  Hope this helps.