FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

This is enlisted advancement....

Oops, I was trying to say was "advancement/selection results for enlisted ranks"

Taken from the bupers.

"results will be released via BOL and NAVADMIN once the Board Proceeding have been approved by CNP."

Hi everyone.  Its my first time posting but have been checking out the forum since it was started.  I'm a 641X applicant as well, I'm active duty, and a submariner.  I just wanted to chime in with some info that you may or may not already have.  I attended an LDO/CWO recruiting brief today and they had the number of accepted applicantions broken down by designator as well as the number of those applicants who were selected for the FY15 board.  I'm working on getting that PPT forwarded to me so that I can share this with you all.   I did manage to get the numbers for 6400 and 6410 though.  It was 158 applicants with 23 selected for 6410 and 115 appicants with 40 selected for 6400.  I hope this helps in terms of understanding about how many applicants you are competing against.  If this info was already put out then disregard but I thought someone asked the question, at least for for 641X so there it is.  I wish you all the best of luck and take care.

Hi everyone.  Its my first time posting but have been checking out the forum since it was started.  I'm a 641X applicant as well, I'm active duty, and a submariner.  I just wanted to chime in with some info that you may or may not already have.  I attended an LDO/CWO recruiting brief today and they had the number of accepted applicantions broken down by designator as well as the number of those applicants who were selected for the FY15 board.  I'm working on getting that PPT forwarded to me so that I can share this with you all.   I did manage to get the numbers for 6400 and 6410 though.  It was 158 applicants with 23 selected for 6410 and 115 appicants with 40 selected for 6400.  I hope this helps in terms of understanding about how many applicants you are competing against.  If this info was already put out then disregard but I thought someone asked the question, at least for for 641X so there it is.  I wish you all the best of luck and take care.

YN1 did you happen to see the overall numbers for 641X on the reserve side of the house?  Just curious.  I was formerly a YN (SS) before getting out and reaffiliating with the reserves as a PS (SS). 

YN1 did you happen to see the overall numbers for 641X on the reserve side of the house?  Just curious.  I was formerly a YN (SS) before getting out and reaffiliating with the reserves as a PS (SS). 

Im sorry brother but the brief only provided the numbers for the active duty appicants.  I will however see if my source can give me the number for the reserve applicants as well.  Give me some time and I'll see what I can do.

This being my 4th go round (and last year of eligibility for LDO), this is (quite perversely) my favorite time of year. Our collective hope is as high as it gets. Plus, the comments get more and more interesting as people's fingers wear out from F5 overkill.

This is one of the best statistical information posted on this forum. Thanks for the info. I always thought 6412 averages about 300 applications

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

This is one of the best statistical information posted on this forum. Thanks for the info. I always thought 6412 averages about 300 applications

In this world of technology and being able to find most anything on the web, it is surprising how well such numbers are hidden.

I was told that some years ago that every CT that applied for 7441 made it, but yet no stats found.

Guest YNC(SS)

What boats have you served on brother?

2014 was the best set of stats I've seen but looked everywhere for 2015 and came up empty.

Do the stats you found have information for all of the designators? If so where can I find them?

What boats have you served on brother?

Fellow sub guy here (applying 626x/628x).  I was on the WV (G) from 05-09 and the Asheville from 09-12. 

I see you were on the Jimmy Carter, any chance you served with Kyle Matthiesen or Brandon Collins?

Probably pretty slim chance the results are out today... according to the NPC website, the following is on its homepage:

Due to inclement weather, BUPERS/NPC Millington is essential personnel only for Friday, 20 FEB 2015.

Guest YNC(SS)

Fellow sub guy here (applying 626x/628x).  I was on the WV (G) from 05-09 and the Asheville from 09-12. 

I see you were on the Jimmy Carter, any chance you served with Kyle Matthiesen or Brandon Collins?

I served with them both.  Good people the both of them.  Did you serve with CAPT Jerry Miranda on ASHEVILLE?

I served with them both.  Good people the both of them.  Did you serve with CAPT Jerry Miranda on ASHEVILLE?

Yes I did.  Hands down, the BEST CO I've ever served with.