FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Good Afternoon all.   This is my first post.   Tired of sitting in the bleachers so I decided to join in.  Good luck to everyone.  This is my second year applying for 651x (supply).  This is the part that I enjoy the most is all the nerves at this point in the game.   

I can't really say I share your sentiment of "enjoying" this point haha!  But I am anxious.  I have orders to transfer back to a boat in two weeks, so its nerve-racking not knowing if I will be driving across country in two weeks, or If I will be staying on station (if I get selected).   Just would like to know what I will be doing shortly! 

I can't really say I share your sentiment of "enjoying" this point haha!  But I am anxious.  I have orders to transfer back to a boat in two weeks, so its nerve-racking not knowing if I will be driving across country in two weeks, or If I will be staying on station (if I get selected).   Just would like to know what I will be doing shortly!

Do they usually cancel orders if you are selected? Just curious... we are set to PCS not until June but I was wondering the same thing if indeed Husband makes it... does it just depend on your commission date?

In the results NAVADMIN, it says to contact PERS and notify of selection to have orders cancelled, if appropriate (I.E. under new orders).  My friend, who picked up LDO last year, was set to transfer second week of March to a boat and the detailer would NOT let him execute orders, even though he wanted to. 

So to the best of my knowledge and what I've seen over the years, you will not PCS until after commission. 

Guest seabee67

I've found that in my community "Seabees" designator 653X there aren't too many applications because most Seabees hate paperwork in general.  Any more 653X on deck?

Here is what it stated in last years results NAVADMIN, specifically:

5.  COMMANDING OFFICERS ARE DIRECTED TO:
    A.  NOTIFY SELECTEE.
    B.  NOTIFY PERS-802 VIA OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENCE NLT 10 DAYS FOLLOWING
RELEASE OF THIS MESSAGE OF SELECTEES WHO DO NOT ACCEPT APPOINTMENT.
SELECTEES WHO DECLINE THEIR COMMISSION WITHIN THIS 10 DAY PERIOD WILL BE
CONSIDERED BY THE FY-15 ACTIVE ENLISTED SELECTION BOARDS.  AFTER THE 10
DAY PERIOD, PERS-802 WILL INVALIDATE ALL FY-15 ACTIVE-DUTY NAVY LDO/CWO IN-
SERVICE PROCUREMENT SELECTION BOARD SELECTEES' ELIGIBILITY FOR THE
FY-15 ENLISTED SELECTION BOARDS.
    C.  PER REF (A) ENSURE LDO AND CWO SELECTEES OBTAIN A COMMISSIONING
PHYSICAL WITHIN THE 90 DAYS PRECEDING THE APPOINTMENT MONTH.  NOTIFY THE
APPLICABLE OFFICER DETAILER UPON COMPLETION.
    D.  HOLD EXECUTION OF ALL PCS ORDERS IN ABEYANCE, IF APPLICABLE, AND
IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY PERS-40 OF MEMBER'S SELECTION.
    E.  ADMINISTER OFFICIAL PFA WITHIN FOUR MONTHS OF COMMISSIONING DATE.
SELECTEES MUST HAND CARRY TEST RESULTS TO OFFICER INDOCTRINATION SCHOOL,
NEWPORT, RI.  IF SELECTEE FAILS TO ACHIEVE SATISFACTORY MEDIUM, NOTIFY THE
APPLICABLE OFFICER DETAILER.  HOLD COMMISSIONING IN ABEYANCE UNTIL SUCCESSFUL
COMPLETION OF PFA.

6.  IF AN LDO OR CWO SELECTEE'S ENLISTMENT (INCLUDING ANY EXTENSIONS) EXPIRES
AFTER THE DATE OF APPOINTMENT, THEY ARE NOT REENLISTMENT ELIGIBLE UNLESS
APPOINTMENT IS DECLINED.

7.  EACH SELECTEE SHOULD CONTACT THEIR OFFICER DETAILER FOR SUBMISSION
REQUIREMENTS WITH REGARD TO PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HISTORY CARDS, AND
INFORM PERS-806 OF ADDRESS CHANGES TO FACILITATE APPOINTMENT DELIVERY.

8.  PERS-802 POINT OF CONTACT FOR LDO/CWO IN-SERVICE PROCUREMENT SELECTION
BOARD ISSUES/QUESTIONS IS, MR. JAY DELFOE AT (901) 874-3849/DSN 882 OR VIA E-
MAIL AT JOSEPH.DELFOE(AT)NAVY.MIL OR CWO3 MITCH ALLEN (901) 874-3170/DSN 882
OR VIA E-MAIL AT MITCHELL.D.ALLEN(AT)NAVY.MIL.

9.  PERS-806 POINT OF CONTACT FOR ISSUANCE OF OATH AND COMMISSIONING
DOCUMENTS ISSUES/QUESTIONS IS, MS. SHELLY HAYES, AT(901) 874-4374/DSN 882-
4374, OR VIA E-MAIL AT SHELLY.HAYES(AT)NAVY.MIL.

In the results NAVADMIN, it says to contact PERS and notify of selection to have orders cancelled, if appropriate (I.E. under new orders).  My friend, who picked up LDO last year, was set to transfer second week of March to a boat and the detailer would NOT let him execute orders, even though he wanted to. 

So to the best of my knowledge and what I've seen over the years, you will not PCS until after commission. 

I've seen this happen twice as well. Both Chiefs were held until commissioning. One only had to wait a few months the other was held for a year.

Interesting. Makes sense though. I don't see why they would pay to move you for a year or however long before you were set to commission just to move you again after commissioning. Thank you for the info!

Guest Deepsea23

I've found that in my community "Seabees" designator 653X there aren't too many applications because most Seabees hate paperwork in general.  Any more 653X on deck?

Just me, Seabee. I know of a couple others just watching. Good luck pal

Right here.

I think if this forum spikes to a 100 we should get excited.

I got a bit more excited than I should have when the section of instruction was posted a few entries ago. Right now anything that resembles official message format makes the blood pressure spike.

What boats have you served on brother?

Good morning Chief, I served on the MARYLAND (B) in Kings Bay from May 2007 to May 2010 and am currently serving on the HOUSTON.  I reported onboard May 2013. 

Guest Mustang6235

First time post, I'm an LS1 reservist but applied for 649x for my civilian experience. Good luck to all.

That was my second designator choice.

Guest YNC(SS)

Good morning Chief, I served on the MARYLAND (B) in Kings Bay from May 2007 to May 2010 and am currently serving on the HOUSTON.  I reported onboard May 2013. 

I know last year two YN1(SS)s made it.  Good luck to you bro.  I'm assuming you're the LYN?  Do you have COW or DOOW?

Guest CursedSwabbie

if it makes anyone feel any better the DTG on the messages for the last couple of years have been between 1900-2330Z.....so we got that goin for us which is nice!