FY-17 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Guest HooYahDeepSea
3 hours ago, Navymom2 said:

Hi. The stat chart that was recently posted, is it for active duty or reserve?  Any news on the release date? Thanks and Good Luck to all that applied.

Stats chart is for Active Duty last year. 

It's been awhile since I've posted but quotas went up and I'm slightly hopeful. Never got my appraisals or package back so no idea if I was a 1 or a 10. Any rumors on release? My guess, and it's only a guess is the 24th

Guest BigFIshCA
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:55 PM, ORDIE718 said:

Not necessarily true I execute my orders in April. I was already told if I where to get selected that I would still execute and my PRD at the new command would match the commissioning date. So I am sure it is very case by case basis.

Good luck to everyone. Hope these results come out sooner than later! 

I've been told the same myself from my chain of command: I'd execute my move.  In my case I PCS March 1 to Florida so I'm hoping for a March 4 release just to be on the safe side.  If they come out any sooner I'd have to find out how to cancel my move on really short notice.

On 11/19/2015 at 1:06 PM, HAZEGREY1775 said:

Where my 642.. Uh, 682 applicants at?

682X/618X.  5th time submitting - if I don't get picked up this time, one more look at LDO before I roll into the CWO applications...

Guest HAZEGREY1775
5 hours ago, #CoMMS4Life said:

Rumor has it that the results will drop the middle of next week. Just got that from a couple of LDOs in Japan. 

#FingersCrossed

What design. did you apply for?

Guest Destined4Greatness
23 hours ago, LSU ET said:

682X/618X.  5th time submitting - if I don't get picked up this time, one more look at LDO before I roll into the CWO applications...

I am also a 682X applicant! Good luck, after 5 times, I really hope they se you are consistent and select you! 

23 hours ago, HAZEGREY1775 said:

You an IT? Any certs?Degree? Big quals?

ET.  As in LSU ET.  CSOOW, Sec+, Net+, N6 DH at my last command.  Bachelor's Degree before the Navy in a totally unrelated field, but now have coursework towards BS in CS.

51 minutes ago, Destined4Greatness said:

I am also a 682X applicant! Good luck, after 5 times, I really hope they se you are consistent and select you! 

Thanks D4G.  Good luck to you too.

41 minutes ago, etfc1121 said:

Thanks Tony.  I was hoping there was stats for the Reserves, but as usual we get the mushroom treatment. 

I need to borrow that phrase... :D

Guest Destined4Greatness
49 minutes ago, CursedSwabbie said:

well for me it is expect the worst hoe for the best! Already working on next year's package to pass the time!

Same here

I see in the most recent Recruit Your Relief Brief (referenced above) that the average age for LDO was 32 and average TIS is 12 years.  I am a quadragenarian (it's a thing - I looked it up), but only hit 12 years TIS next Month.  It should boil down to the best qualified, but does anyone know how heavily chronological age has factored in recent boards?

Guest HooYahDeepSea
1 hour ago, LSU ET said:

I see in the most recent Recruit Your Relief Brief (referenced above) that the average age for LDO was 32 and average TIS is 12 years.  I am a quadragenarian (it's a thing - I looked it up), but only hit 12 years TIS next Month.  It should boil down to the best qualified, but does anyone know how heavily chronological age has factored in recent boards?

I am curious as well. As i never heard of age as a determining factor for selection.  I think the powerpoint just show it as a stat....

Guest HopefulATwife

Hello! Total Newbie here but I definitely have some questions and maybe you fine folks can answer?

Two years ago my husband went to submit a package and the CO said no. He and a few others weren't allowed to submit to allow people with "fuller packages a better opportunity".

My husband did submit this time and we haven't really talked about it much since the boards. He is currently deployment and sent me a message say that many of the CWOs and LDOs keep telling him that he has a great chance. He has all but two of the criteria that are listed. We were 6 months from going to shore duty (after almost 4 at sea) to what is suppose to be our last command before he retires.

My questions are:

If selected, are all warrants required to do sea duty first or does it go by what is available?

No one knows what the boards look for but do they go heavily off the criteria that are listed?

Thanks for any answers.

Guest Mustang6235

Most people here are in the same boat as your husband. We have no idea. But it's probably no different than any other Navy board. Some great ones get selected, some great ones get passed over for a lesser candidate because of some little minor error in a service record. 

We've all seen those Chiefs selected and said, "how the heck did that happen?"

This is probably much the same.