FY-17 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Guest MM1(SS/DV) Nuke

The checklist in Appendix F of 1420.1b states that all interview appraisal sheets must be typed. quote, "NAVCRUIT 1131/5 Interviewer’s Appraisal Sheets (3) provided in OPNAV 1420/1 Officer Programs Application. The Interviewer’s Appraisal Sheets (3) shall be typed, signed, and will include the board member’s designator and grade. Ensure block entitled "Potential as a Career Naval Officer" is completed."

Can someone please explain what the term "press 100" means? I've seen it in multiple applications of personnel who have been selected.

HawaiiGM,

Press 100 refers to the scoring system inside the tank. Your record is brief to a panel of members inside the tank. Several items referring to your record are put on the screen. Using the precepts as the guide. Your rep is given three minutes to sell the members on why you should be selected (this is where u should be praying every night that you make it to the tank and God blesses you with a used car salesman) . Once your rep is done, in the hand of the panel is a pad with numbers on it 100, 75, 50, 25, 0.

Each panel members gives a vote of confidence using the key pad and the numbers (no one knows what the other person pressed its secret) with 100 being the highest. The results are sent to a computer the computer does the scoring and once every record is brief they spit out a vote of confidence score for each candidate. That score is used to give the Board President it's number for tentative selection. The board as a whole votes to keep the results or they vote against it.

Once they have finally approved it the list is sent up and that's when they vet all those who where selected.  Some people records don't even make it to the tank, they don't make it past the first cut. Getting to the tank means you had a shot.

Hope this helps you understand it better.

Good luck to all, check, double, triple and quadruple check your app.  Make sure you are using the current Navadmin and you are using the one that pertains to your duty status.  Use the helpful hints, the LDO/CWO check list and the application instruction on npc.  They tell you block by block what they need in each block and how it should be formatted.  Also seek out Senior Officer who have set boards before and make sure you give them a complete package to include your PSR and ESR. Also for the personal statements and CO recommendation it would pay off greatly if you sent it an English major to make correction and help with structure and flow of your words.  Now is the time to call on the grammar Nazi and get their help.  I used my college professor, high school English teacher and best friend to look over my write up. Stay on top of your package you can track it once it gets to the board make sure you get your selection board account and log in every 30 days so when you have to send your  addendum you can ensure they where received. If you get something significant before the board convenes send it in, stay positive and focused. Sit the package down for a couple days and then come back to it one last time. Good Luck and God Bless to all looking forward to seeing some happy campers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sailor#1

OKay, I know I am sending this package last minute, but I had a baby earlier this month so I just got done with my package. Reviewing the last NAVADMIN, it states that Hardcopy and electronic submissions must include a command endorsement. What does that mean??? I am sending the application with the CO recommendation (page 10) and the 2 enclosures I have, plus the checklist on the left side of the brown folder. Do I also need a command endorsement on top of that?? Thanks.

Correct, but may I ask why are you sending it off and not your command?? Also if you go on npc and the LDO page there is a checklist your command submits with it too make sure everything is included in your package

Guest Sailor#1

The package is signed off and Admin is going to through the checklist today. I assumed that I had to send it because in the NAVADMIN says that all correspondence to the board must initiate from the member. 

Definitely look at sending fed ex. Remember they have to receive it by the 1st.

Unless I missed something, NAVADMIN 156/15 states that "Applications must be postmarked NLT 1 October 2015", not received by the 1st.

Guest AMCSTack

I haven't posted since getting the 'N' last year for LDO, but I applied CWO 7331 for the 1st time (command just mailed the package off yesterday).  Good luck to everyone this year!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AMCSTack

BOL is now displaying a status code for my package this year.  I mailed it in right at the deadline, so I would assume most folks have their code now.  Now all that's left for me is sending in an addendum to enclose my college transcripts (just conferred my degree on Oct. 16th). 

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

BOL is now displaying a status code for my package this year.  I mailed it in right at the deadline, so I would assume most folks have their code now. 

Do not worry... it can take many weeks for the code to show up.
I did not receive mine until early Jan last year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Found that one of my interview appraisals was sent off without being signed.  Is this something that will have an adverse effect at the board?  Can I get it signed and sent as part of my addedum?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MA1(EXW)

For my fellow Reservists, Just wondering did anyone else have issues with them counting your IRR time towards your years of total qualifying service? I thought it was only the time listed on your ASOSH...