FY-17 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Guest HawaiiGM
On February 17, 2016 at 0:00 PM, Gunz and Roses said:

616X applicant here. Might be the last time though. I think my career path is pulling me further towards 649X (ATTWO, Anti-Terrorism Officer, Emergency Manager, Chief Master-at-Arms, BA in Homeland Security etc.). Since I don't have the quals they're looking for, never having been on a DDG/CG, it seems like I'm just banging my head against the wall. Meh, we'll see how this year goes.

I'm in the same boat as you too, I'm a gunners mate, but I don't have the CSOOW qual yet that's probably the biggest thing holding me back this year but I have all the other checks in the block for 616x. I'm the assistant ATO at my command and I'm a trasup and was an instructor at Censecfor, I'm interested in 649x but I was always told only MAs get picked up? Do you have any information in this?

Guest HawaiiGM
56 minutes ago, MM1(SW) said:

They're going to want to see supervisory law enforcement experience.  

I appreciate you responding, MM1 (SW),  so my question is how do i develop the supervisory law enforcement experience while being on a Cruiser?  Most of my law enforcement experience on the ship is just teaching SRF-B to shipboard personnel

Guest Mustang6235
2 hours ago, HawaiiGM said:

I appreciate you responding, MM1 (SW),  so my question is how do i develop the supervisory law enforcement experience while being on a Cruiser?  Most of my law enforcement experience on the ship is just teaching SRF-B to shipboard personnel

On active, that's probably why it's near impossible to be a non-MA and get selected. 

Guest MMNC(SS)
9 minutes ago, MM1(SW) said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say with this message board being dead,and the selection board only lasting 2 weeks, there must not have been many applicants. Or not as many as normal 

I know at my command we had about a third of the normal amount of people apply

Guest BigFIshCA
1 hour ago, Gunz and Roses said:

It usually starts high at the beginning and tapers off as people realize how much work it is. We started with 7 LDO and 3 CWO interested candidates, ended with 1 and 1. This is the case at my command at least.

Same here about 6 for LDO and a one or two for CWO.  We ended up with 2 LDO and 1 CWO going to the board with 1 and 1 making the final cut.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:39 AM, MM1(SW) said:

On active, that's probably why it's near impossible to be a non-MA and get selected. 

I am currently a rated MA and 649 applicant. We had a non-MA at my command who was probably equally as qualified but told by Senior SECO's not to apply because they would only select MA's.

3 minutes ago, LSU ET said:

Noticed that results weren't out until page 49 of last year's forum discussion.  Really quiet here this year...

I agree it's been really quite here this year. May be there's less applicants these year and more chances for us to get selected. Haha

Guest #CoMMS4Life
On February 16, 2016 at 9:08 AM, HAZEGREY1775 said:

What design. did you apply for?

Rumor has it that the results will drop this week. Just got that from a couple of LDOs in Japan. 

#FingersCrossed

We all hope they drop this week.  Last year we also had a flag writer that knew higher ups schedules.  My gut is telling me this week.  Maybe they will give insight at some point like they have with past boards saying Triad on this day and NAVADMIN on this day.

Guest CursedSwabbie
1 hour ago, BM1_T said:

Last year's discussion also had an exact day and hour the NAVADMIN was to be released. Any one know how that was obtained?

Last year from what I remember they had a yeoman that was working at Millington that was playing the Master of Whispers.

Guest Mustang6235
40 minutes ago, ENC said:

We all hope they drop this week.  Last year we also had a flag writer that knew higher ups schedules.  My gut is telling me this week.  Maybe they will give insight at some point like they have with past boards saying Triad on this day and NAVADMIN on this day.

No triad release. Just have to wait on the NAVADMIN. Like said above, a chief last year gave everyone about a two day notice. I haven't seen him post anything, so looks like it's just a guessing game 

1 hour ago, MM1(SW) said:

No triad release. Just have to wait on the NAVADMIN. Like said above, a chief last year gave everyone about a two day notice. I haven't seen him post anything, so looks like it's just a guessing game 

Oh, I was here last year, and the year before, and the year before, yada yada going back to my first time up for Chief in 2008.  The way the results were released for the MCPO and SCPO were Triad first, then message.  I was wondering if these would fall in suit as the subsequent PO1/2/3 were the same. The name has changed as the website has changed, but I was first posting in 2008.

Guest Destined4Greatness

I done bit all my nails off... Anxiety is taking over lol. Although the commissioning will be a long ways away, just knowing if I made it or not will be a big relief!! 

Guest Mustang6235
3 hours ago, ENC said:

Oh, I was here last year, and the year before, and the year before, yada yada going back to my first time up for Chief in 2008.  The way the results were released for the MCPO and SCPO were Triad first, then message.  I was wondering if these would fall in suit as the subsequent PO1/2/3 were the same. The name has changed as the website has changed, but I was first posting in 2008.

Ok. I was just saying there's no triad for LDO. 

Guest AMCSTack
18 hours ago, MMNC(SS) said:

I know at my command we had about a third of the normal amount of people apply

We had 6 folks apply for CWO (all 7331) at my command, but it's my first year here so I am unsure if that is normal number.  Not sure on LDO applications.  It was much different than my last command where we only had 1 applicant the last two cycles.