FY-17 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Guest CTRC(5)
4 minutes ago, Destined4Greatness said:

I am so excited, I cant handle it. Although it is my first time applying, I am optimistic. This is definitely a nail biting time in my life! Good luck to all!!!

Good luck. This is my first time as well. I feel the exact same. Optimistic but determined. Best wishes! 

Guest Destined4Greatness

Its bad for me :( I find it hard to sleep just thinking about it. oh the torture! lol....but I am sure it will all be worth it in the end! If I make it or not, I am prepared either way!

Guest CTRC(5)
3 minutes ago, Crypto said:

And they’re out..

681X  dropped to 8...

I’m hopeful, but realistic…  better go ahead and start working next years application.

Hey good luck. I'm applying 681 as well. Good luck. 

Guest seabee67

Applying 653X..............5 same as last time.  2nd look for me..............last year they picked 5 out of 15 applications, I'll take those odds any day of the week over my chances of getting anchors as an EA.   Good luck to all!

Guest Mustang6235

Somewhere last year I saw a break down of the reserve board from 13 or 14. Had around 50 applicants. That's probably a pretty consistent number, give or take 10.

Guest osiris0107
On January 12, 2016 at 1:31 PM, seabee67 said:

Applying 653X..............5 same as last time.  2nd look for me..............last year they picked 5 out of 15 applications, I'll take those odds any day of the week over my chances of getting anchors as an EA.   Good luck to all!

Are you on the east coast or the west? I know of at least 5 candidates here on the west.

Guest seabee67
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, osiris0107 said:

Are you on the east coast or the west? I know of at least 5 candidates here on the west.

I'm East coast, here on VA Beach.  Only 4 candidates from this area, not sure about Guflport.  Last couple of years there have been less than 20 applications put in for CEC, so should be around the same. 

Guest CursedSwabbie

well it seems like we are at this point again my friends! 612X applicant here with 1 more chance after this one! I hope that all of you get the results you want (I know not possible) I had the chance to talk to my LDO at work and during their meeting last year he had told me that they were tying to increase LDOs in the community. As far as CWO the quotas have increased and I imagine that LDO ensign quotas will increase in the next couple of years....but just my opinion!

Guest CursedSwabbie

So here is a question for you all! When has anyone seen a first class make LDO? I ask this not only because I am a First Class , but because I have never seen one in my nearly 12 years......on a side not the board should have finished up by now don't you think?

1 hour ago, CursedSwabbie said:

So here is a question for you all! When has anyone seen a first class make LDO? I ask this not only because I am a First Class , but because I have never seen one in my nearly 12 years......on a side not the board should have finished up by now don't you think?

All the time!! I made it as a first my boss made it as a first 10 of my other friends made it as First Class. Being. Chief doesn't guarantee you get it, being the best and fully qual does.

Guest HooYahDeepSea

hey all! Glad this forum is still up. Anyone know know when this site was started? 

Long time lurking around! 

Does anyone know where you can find info how many applications were received ? I have seen the stats on previous "board selection PowerPoints" any one chime in

Guest HooYahDeepSea
On January 20, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Navymom2 said:

Anyone have an idea when the results will come out? Thanks and Good Luck!

End of Feb - Early March time frame...