FY-17 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
On March 3, 2015 at 13:34:25, osirisseabee said:

Just wondering if anyone has a letter recommendation that they would be willing to share that they have submitted to the board. I have one of the officers requesting that I write it and then send it to them so they can pretty much sign it.

You stay at your current command until you Commission.  Your PRD will automatically adjusted after the 10 day window where you have the option to decline!! I say give it 20 days after you find out and it will reflect in the system. Same thing happened to me.

Guest seabee67

Looking for a sanity check.....last year I submitted addendum for E6 eval via email.  Just want to make sure nothing has changed this year, I read through the NAVADMIN and it says "time sensitive" correspondence is the only thing that should be emailed.

Guest Mustang6235

Just follow the NAVADMIN. I believe you have until the day before board convenes for them to have your eval, so theres time. As usual, we are late signing ours, should have that done this DWE and mine will be mailed off next week.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Noah.Furgerson

Reservist here, first time applying. I sent off my package in September, and received in the FORMAN status that it was received. I still haven't seen any code pop up in BOL. Any idea how long this usually takes? When should I be nervous about it?

Guest Mustang6235

Id call the number listed on the NAVADMIN. Unless you've been checking it daily, it may have posted and since been removed. My code no longer shows up in BOL. Not sure if its normal to be posted and removed. Last year they didn't even post SELRES in BOL. Id definitely call this week before all the holiday stand downs start.

What designator you apply for?

Guest Noah.Furgerson

I applied for 628X and 629X. I heard that the codes are updated every Wednesday, and I've been pretty diligent about checking every week. I called once and PSC wasn't too thrilled I called, haha, I think she was really busy at the time. In Guam now so I'll have to give them a shout tomorrow before flying back.

Guest Mustang6235

I'm sure it is the 11th, doesn't make sense to convene on a Saturday! Haha

but yeah, last year I think everything came out right around the board convening. Even though the list is probably already finalized 

Late to the game this year but I ended up applying again for 713x after being told no twice for CWO and told no three times for LDO.  I literally have everything they have listed in the precepts for 713 so we'll see.  If not, no sweat.  Didn't put much effort into package this year(minor changes from previous year)  but I did hand pick my board members.  Nuke LDO CDR, 6130 LT and a 7130 CWO4.  My appraisals were all done informally as I have applied plenty and have worked for all of them.  I routed through my past command as I was PCSing and was ranked 2 overall and 1 for CWO.  We'll see.  I know my CO write up was top notch though.  Good luck to all.

Guest Mustang6235

Good luck! 

I applied last year, but my package sucked. I don't blame em for not picking me. Didn't make same mistake again. Great package, and a SOY, so I'm hopeful but who knows.  May know something in about 80 days! Haha

Guest CajunMA

MA1(EXW) and ALL,

I'm a SELRES also.  this info may be helpful to the lurkers who might be selres or the AC.

First time CPO board eligible, got the "N"...... 

Applied to LDO:  6495 and Intel.   Also have a DCO Intel Pkg in.

I followed all the instructions and as someone mentioned  in an earlier post, they do contradict each other.   Ex:  The TIS Charts.  I filled out the chart included on the application.  Basically my package was pretty easy, as I had most of what was needed from my CPO package and DCO package.

What was tricky was the TIS/TQFS calculation.  I had 4yr10mo active navy, 8 years army national guard and currently going on year 4 of my navy reserve/selres enlistment.   I submitted my package via encrypted email and WAITED....... No BOL score/code.  wasn't even entered into bol until December.  this was due to PERS-92 (?) reviewing and checking out my package.  HERE IS THE COOL PART!!!   so, I had no idea whether or not my kit was correct and all.  A YN1 from Millington emailed and called me and helped me to correct everything.   this went back and forth for 2-3 weeks and through Thanksgiving.   I asked for confirmation that everything was correct (although I'm sure pers and YN1 were busy).  No confirmation via phone or email, however I went to my December drill and pulled up my BOL and my package showed up with an "A".  Meaning everything was correct!!!

The TIS chart had to be included in the personal statement, NOT THE INLCLUDED CHART (I know its too late for this info...).  Also, to be SAFE, I requested a TIS Waiver.  Reason I requested one for SAFETY is this:   as mentioned above I have 3yr10mo ACTIVE NAVY, 8 Yr Army Guard and 4 selres navy.   NONE OF MY ARMY GUARD retirement points were converted over to the navy....  WHY?  who knows....   So when YN1 asked for my waiver, I was surprised, due to my ASOSH (what SELRES uses as your TQFS) showed me having under 10 years.    So, I included a printed copy of my ASOSH as an enclosure AND REQUESTED a WAIVER to be safe.  This was the recommendation of my CO / Security LDO.   Doesn't hurt to request one if there is confusion or lack of clarity.

As far as quotas for 649X:  Rumor is around 18.....  But who really knows.  SECO community is hearing an approx. # of SELRES LDO 649X as 18'ish...

My package summary:

4 evals:  1st is an MP.  Last 3 are EP and as UNIT LPO.   College Bachelors in IT.  FY13 or 14 SOY w/ NAM.  Army Achievement Medal from Army Guard.  My 3 Board recommendations/evaluations are AWESOME 10's!!!  CO's recommendation is Stellar!  Community involvement and Volunteering, Board member for a Not for Profit,  Civilian employment Leadership experience in Industrial Sector (management of engineering and maintenance departments), Leadership and Community Involvement as a CIV Police Officer with advanced schools and 2 state POST certificates, Six Sigma Green Belt from NASA, Certification as a Maintenance Professional.  All necessary certs and documentation were included in my enclosures.

Hopefully!!!! this is enough to get selected.  I cant think of anything else I can do, aside from a warfare pin and MOB.  Warfare Pin opportunity as a SELRES is minimal or non-existent without a MOB.

Anyway, hope this Helps some of ya'll.   If you have questions (as I do have some other info on package stuff) please let me know.  If I can help I will.  Although I know its a little too late for this board, any info I have may help someone for the next.

VR,

Guest CajunMA

Here is a QUESTION????:

For SELRES/Reserve LDO Selectees, I am curious what Officer Training Program they attend.   The OTC website only refers to Active LDO/CWO school and DCO school....

Also wonder, whatever school it is, how long is it?

Anyone????

Guest Mustang6235
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2015 at 2:11 PM, CajunMA said:

Here is a QUESTION????:

For SELRES/Reserve LDO Selectees, I am curious what Officer Training Program they attend.   The OTC website only refers to Active LDO/CWO school and DCO school....

Also wonder, whatever school it is, how long is it?

Anyone????

I think SELRES goes to the DCO school, which is about 2 weeks long.

Guest Mustang6235
4 hours ago, ORDIE718 said:

What's everyone's take on which part of the package holds the most weight? Evals? CO endorsement? Appraisals? Etc... Anyone have good gauge ? Happy holidays to everyone. 

Who knows. Probably varies year to year depending on the board members. I wouldn't want any of em to not match the other though.

Guest CTRC(5)
3 minutes ago, Crypto said:

Any word on when Quotas and Precept message will be released/posted?

I was told that it is released shortly after the board convenes. Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Destined4Greatness

I am so excited, I cant handle it. Although it is my first time applying, I am optimistic. This is definitely a nail biting time in my life! Good luck to all!!!