FY-17 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Wow! Quota selection for 6495 is 20! That's the highest I've seen. Good chance of selection for all Reserve SecO applicants out there, Myself included. So many of my fellow first classes have been selected for the past 3 years in a row for 6495. Good luck to all applicants!

Guest CursedSwabbie
7 hours ago, Suppa said:

All the time!! I made it as a first my boss made it as a first 10 of my other friends made it as First Class. Being. Chief doesn't guarantee you get it, being the best and fully qual does.

Interesting! I was not trying to insinuate that they do not, but I in particular had never seen a First selected. Thank you for the feedback!

Guest CajunMA
On January 26, 2016 at 9:58 PM, BM1_T said:

Wow! Quota selection for 6495 is 20! That's the highest I've seen. Good chance of selection for all Reserve SecO applicants out there, Myself included. So many of my fellow first classes have been selected for the past 3 years in a row for 6495. Good luck to all applicants!

Yep!!!  +2 backup slots!!!

im a 6495 applicant down in Mississippi at NAS.   Selres

Guest seabee67
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 4:46 PM, CursedSwabbie said:

So here is a question for you all! When has anyone seen a first class make LDO? I ask this not only because I am a First Class , but because I have never seen one in my nearly 12 years......on a side not the board should have finished up by now don't you think?

Yes, 5 out of 5 selected for 653X last year were PO1's.  It happens a lot in the Seabee community.

20 hours ago, CajunMA said:

Yep!!!  +2 backup slots!!!

im a 6495 applicant down in Mississippi at NAS.   Selres

I'm 6495 applicant from Texas, Costal Riverine Community. Just got back from  a year long Mob so I'm hoping that helps! These next few weeks are going to be nerve wrecking!

Guest CursedSwabbie

I had been thinking about what my chances are and based on last year there were roughly 52...ish people that applied for 612X which gives me a 25% chance and I think that I have improved greatly from last year with hitting up some education, volunteer hours, a CICWO letter that I was unable to get before and my evals at least touch on the ICO, BMD and TADIL wickets. I am not saying my name will be on the list but I think that I have worked hard towards my goal and hopefully the board sees that too!  Again good luck to everyone now that the board has finished the seconds, minutes, hours, days, and weeks will seem longer than normal! 

Guest CajunMA

Here is a question.  Is there a published precept for the ldo board?  Like for chief board?

if so when and where would we find it?

ive been told that the boards guidance for selection can be found  in the precept.  

Guest CajunMA
10 hours ago, BM1_T said:

I'm 6495 applicant from Texas, Costal Riverine Community. Just got back from  a year long Mob so I'm hoping that helps! These next few weeks are going to be nerve wrecking!

Good luck shipmate!!!   I've always been interested in coastal patrol community

Guest CursedSwabbie
50 minutes ago, CajunMA said:

Here is a question.  Is there a published precept for the ldo board?  Like for chief board?

if so when and where would we find it?

ive been told that the boards guidance for selection can be found  in the precept.  

from the quotas it will tell you what they are looking for from each designator!

Phys Security.jpg

Guest Mustang6235

Last year a chief was on here that must have wrote the NAVADMINs.  A few days prior to release, he "predicted " the exact date and time of release....and nailed it.  

Guest CursedSwabbie
11 minutes ago, Chief Wifey said:

So what is your guess?  I say February 18th. This is just a guess, and is not based on any rumors or inside knowledge. Lol. 

i am going to go with the 25th again!