FY21 Chief Selection Board

Guest Mscoco33

I’m thinking from the 23rd of November till the 7th of December. I don’t think they will release e7 and e6 and below at the same time. And if they do it on the 23rd that’s way more than 6 weeks of a brutal season. But the soon the better no one in the history of the navy has had to wait this long. So grant us peace on the 23rd please. 

On 10/28/2020 at 7:38 PM, NC1 R said:

I am currently stationed in DC and the rumor mill is that we we will find out December 4th 

That is only 32 days away. Ready to get the good & bad news. Process and keep moving.

Guest Jacobvan01

There was a Navy Times article that confirmed the date of the quotas that also mentioned results within 30 days of the board convening.  Phase 3 convened October 24th which would put results just before Thanksgiving as the MCPON said they would try to do.  This would give roughly 3 weeks of initiation prior to holiday leave and leave another 3 weeks after holiday leave for pinning end of January as stated.  I feel it will be around Thanksgiving.

51 minutes ago, Jacobvan01 said:

There was a article that confirmed the date of the quotas that also mentioned results within 30 days of the board convening.  Phase 3 convened October 24th which would put results just before Thanksgiving as the MCPON said they would try to do.  This would give roughly 3 weeks of initiation prior to holiday leave and leave another 3 weeks after holiday leave for pinning end of January as stated.  I feel it will be around Thanksgiving.

Are you sure the article didn’t say within 30 days of adjourning?  Because that’s what the nav admin says “Enlisted advancement board results are expected to be approved and announced within 30 days after a board adjourns.”

Guest MILSPOUSE01
On 10/26/2020 at 5:38 PM, MILSPOUSE01 said:

Hey everyone I have a question. It's kind of long so be patient. Lol

My husband was originally going to retire and submitted his retirement request. That was approved, but then his Senior Chief chatted with him and told him he has a heck of a chance this year and also wrote him a letter of some sort for his package. Well my husband was deployed during all of this and decided, what the heck I'll give it another shot. So he requested to cancel his retirement, which was approved. Now they (his chain of command) are telling him his package was not in to the board because he was showing invalid status or soemthing. Is this true or does he have a slight chance still since his retirement cancellation request was approved? This is his best shot this year ever and highest percentage for quotas in a few years and he is super bummed they told him he doesn't have a chance. I'm just hoping for a miracle or maybe another possibility that they are wrong. Thanks in advance for all the knowledge and best of luck to all. 

Hey y'all!!! To piggy back on my original question, what my husband is saying is that his package was turned in to the board, but they dismissed it because they didn't see his approval for his retirement cancellation. 🤔 My question is if his retirement cancellation approval was completed in early September, how would the board not see that and would his package actually be dismissed? I just want to be able to understand the process so I don't continue being hopeful for something that may not happen. If that makes sense. 

Guest FOREST G.

I think the best answer would be to contact his command career counselor. They would prob be able to actually look up the information for him and take a way any guess work.

Guest MILSPOUSE01
4 minutes ago, FOREST G. said:

I think the best answer would be to contact his command career counselor. They would prob be able to actually look up the information for him and take a way any guess work.

I will see if he has done that. Thank you. 

Guest MILSPOUSE01
2 hours ago, Tony said:

Fingers crossed, let us know how it works out. 😎

So the counselor said it is tricky. In so many words told him he doesn't have a straight answer. He stated that even though he submitted for retirement, the fact it (retirement) was not approved by the original deadline date in May for the board, he should still be up for the promotion. However, he also stated that with the Covid disruption he is unsure if that could have affected dates and information being updated properly. So it is just a wait and see. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I'm hopeful. 🤞

21 hours ago, Jacobvan01 said:

Yeah they messed that up cause they reference the navadmin. Either way just come out! Fingers crossed for as many of us in here as possible 

2 hours ago, MILSPOUSE01 said:

So the counselor said it is tricky. In so many words told him he doesn't have a straight answer. He stated that even though he submitted for retirement, the fact it (retirement) was not approved by the original deadline date in May for the board, he should still be up for the promotion. However, he also stated that with the Covid disruption he is unsure if that could have affected dates and information being updated properly. So it is just a wait and see. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I'm hopeful. 🤞

“2. In line with reference (a), eligibility will be as of the original board convening date.”

hopefully this line From the NAVADMIN pertains to his situation. If he was eligible at ORIGINAL convene date (which sounds like he was) he will hopefully be good. Best of luck to him. 

Guest DocEddy8404
7 hours ago, Nuke said:

Only information captured on the original deadline date is what they see (May 2020). 

Every person that I’ve talked to who has sat the board said they will see everything. For example, I just transferred and so have a August transfer eval. I was told specifically that it will be viewed. It’s on my PSR as well. 

NAVADMIN 031/20: 

Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements 
outlined in chapters 2 and 11 of reference (a) and this NAVADMIN prior to the 
scheduled board convening date.  All requirements must be reflected in the 
enlisted master file prior to the board convening.  Requirements achieved or 
posted to the record of the candidates after the scheduled board convening 
date will be considered late and do not make a candidate eligible for the 
regularly scheduled board or entitle a candidate to a special selection 
board.  If candidates are deemed ineligible for advancement and later regain 
eligibility, submit a message formatted e-mail to Naval Education Training 
Professional Development Center (NETPDC)(N321) and Selection Board 
Eligibility Branch (PERS-802) requesting validation of eligibility status and 
provide an explanation

Commands must-revalidate members whose disapproved or canceled 
retirement authorization is adjudicated prior to selection board convening 
date by sending an e-mail with a reason for revalidation to PERS-802.  See 
paragraph 208 of reference (a) for fleet reserve request impacts to 
eligibility.

Guest navyordie123
8 hours ago, AO_Beast said:

I just want them to announce the results. 

I say at best 2-3 weeks before the results come out but the latest I would say would be Dec 7th. 

15 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

I say at best 2-3 weeks before the results come out but the latest I would say would be Dec 7th. 

Hopefully it’s not that late I just wanna know either way already 😂 

Guest navyordie123
2 hours ago, OrdieLife said:

Hopefully it’s not that late I just wanna know either way already 😂 

You and me both. Our fates have been sealed already so now just waiting for them to actually say when the results will be released. 

On 11/3/2020 at 5:48 PM, DocEddy8404 said:

Every person that I’ve talked to who has sat the board said they will see everything. For example, I just transferred and so have a August transfer eval. I was told specifically that it will be viewed. It’s on my PSR as well. 

Are these people that sat a board this year?  Because the navadmin specifically states they only see up to the original convening date.

“Official Military Personnel Files for use during the boards are captured as of the original board convening date.”

Hey everyone, so I forgot what it means/if its normal. On BOL under CCA, when the board ID disappears that just means its being reviewed right? I honestly don't remember so any help is appreciated.