FY21 Chief Selection Board

24 minutes ago, mmn1ss said:

Hey everyone, so I forgot what it means/if its normal. On BOL under CCA, when the board ID disappears that just means its being reviewed right? I honestly don't remember so any help is appreciated.

That is something I monitor when someone mentioned that because it means the database is being updated which is usually a good thing. Things may have changed though so hopefully someone else can chime in. 😎

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

That is something I monitor when someone mentioned that because it means the database is being updated which is usually a good thing. Things may have changed though so hopefully someone else can chime in. 😎

Hey Tony,

Yeah so up until yesterday it was showing the two board IDs (due to being a 3 phase board system), and today it just went down to one board ID. I am part of the 3rd phase of boards for active duty and it is supposed to be done by the 7th. Crunching the numbers and that means......yep still no idea of results or anything. 

6 minutes ago, mmn1ss said:

Hey Tony,

Yeah so up until yesterday it was showing the two board IDs (due to being a 3 phase board system), and today it just went down to one board ID. I am part of the 3rd phase of boards for active duty and it is supposed to be done by the 7th. Crunching the numbers and that means......yep still no idea of results or anything. 

Yeah, as a web developer I keep an eye on that because there is a process involved in updating the data showing on any website. For me this means progress in the process 😃. Put another way, once upon a time someone posted that they were seeing some changes on their page. I asked for more info and what changes they were seeing. Then someone posted and said changes on your profile page have absolutely nothing to do with the release of the results. I was never able to reply because my forum crashed as the results were released and everyone started hitting refresh which is the usual case. There is a method to the madness... 😎

Guest AO_Beast

I am so anxious compared to any other year. I feel so confident also more than ever. everything just feels different this year for me. I feel obsessed. LMAO. 

8 hours ago, mmn1ss said:

Hey Tony,

Same for me. I was part of 2nd board, and now its just down to the one. 😃

Guest navyordie123
5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Same with me. Only shows Board ID 82360 now. I would have to agree that there is definitely some progress.

Mine shows results from last year and the board id for this year. 

4 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Mine shows results from last year and the board id for this year. 

Yes, same in the past where not everyone sees an update. It appears to go up in chunks.

Guest Legalguy

So. All the board elegibles at my command had a meeting today. The CMC said that the final board has adjourned.  We were given expectations for leave and COVID items for the upcoming season. 

Guest HMC(FMF/SW/AW/IW)
On 11/4/2020 at 8:14 PM, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

Are these people that sat a board this year?  Because the navadmin specifically states they only see up to the original convening date.

“Official Military Personnel Files for use during the boards are captured as of the original board convening date.”

The board will see your OMPF (FC 30-38), PSR Part 1 and 3 and LTB (must be postmarked before the due date per navadmin). Anything else they won't see. A lot of eligibles didn't even have their most recent eval on file and that was very unfortunate. 

Things you need to pay attention:

Enlisted Career Path- if your rate says you SHOULD, MUST, or SHALL and you don't have it then your chance of getting selected is slim to none.

Convening Order- board members read this everyday before they even begin.

Precept- same as above.

2 hours ago, Legalguy said:

So. All the board elegibles at my command had a meeting today. The CMC said that the final board has adjourned.  We were given expectations for leave and COVID items for the upcoming season. 

I had a feeling that the board would adjourn a couple of days earlier than expected. Hope this means that we can get results this month, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Guest subguy10524

So it sounds like all 3 phases are complete. Now comes the anxiety of the next few weeks. 

Running through all the possibilities, what could I have done better for this year. What can I do better for next year if I don’t get the S. 

I am very hopeful that results will be out before Thanksgiving. We will see!

Guest AO_Beast
14 hours ago, Legalguy said:

This is cool your CMC is so involved. My command just doesn't speak of it. Seems like they leave you in the dark until something is put out. Would be nice for my command to do this. I like that you have been given expectations for leave and such for the season. Your command is thinking ahead.

On 11/5/2020 at 8:04 PM, Legalguy said:

This is awesome!!  Crickets from our CMC and SEL to the FCPOs. I wish they spoke to us more rather than waiting on the trickle that never flows. I get better info from social media. My mentor told me the CMC passed the same info the mess though irt board being adjourned. They also told me an expected day but not giving it too much weight 

Guest navyordie123
20 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

This is awesome!!  Crickets from our CMC and SEL to the FCPOs. I wish they spoke to us more rather than waiting on the trickle that never flows. I get better info from social media. My mentor told me the CMC passed the same info the mess though irt board being adjourned. They also told me an expected day but not giving it too much weight 

Well you must share with the class even if it doesn’t hold much weight cause rumors this time of year fuel more and more discussion.  

5 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

Well you must share with the class even if it doesn’t hold much weight cause rumors this time of year fuel more and more discussion.  

My bad. 25nov

Guest navyordie123
2 hours ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

My bad. 25nov

That’s about right time range that everyone has been thinking. I personally think it’ll be either a couple days sooner or right after the holiday. 

1 hour ago, navyordie123 said:

That’s about right time range that everyone has been thinking. I personally think it’ll be either a couple days sooner or right after the holiday. 

My guess is 

1. Nov 23, 2020 - Monday TRIAD Release
  2. Nov 24, 2020 - Tuesday NAVADMIN Release

Guest navyordie123
56 minutes ago, Jason said:

My guess is 

1. Nov 23, 2020 - Monday TRIAD Release
  2. Nov 24, 2020 - Tuesday NAVADMIN Release

That was my guess as well but no lie I just have a small feeling and I don’t know why but maybe the 16th.

Guest subguy10524
3 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

That was my guess as well but no lie I just have a small feeling and I don’t know why but maybe the 16th.

The 16th would be amazing. I don’t have a whole lot of hope that would be the date. I am leaning more toward week of Thanksgiving earliest, but more likely first week of December.  

I am hopeful they come out earlier. I am just ready to know results and move forward. 

Guest navyordie123
11 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

The 16th would be amazing. I don’t have a whole lot of hope that would be the date. I am leaning more toward week of Thanksgiving earliest, but more likely first week of December.  

I am hopeful they come out earlier. I am just ready to know results and move forward. 

Yeah it’s all a complete guessing game until we all get some good guidance on it. Maybe we will learn something this coming week but if the guidance sticks that the MCPON out then wie will be looking at early December release. 

3 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

The 16th would be even better. I doubt that they will wait until December considering that a lot of Sailors will take leave for the holidays, which requires ROM.

The earlier they post these results, the more time we have to prepare for the holiday period and the January exam. 

I’ve heard that Chief results have to be released before the E6 and below results can be determined and released, if that’s true then I’d think they’d be out earlier then we all think, to keep with the normal timeline of before Thanksgiving release for E6 and below results.