Guest Doc Danny

9 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

time to start the party for FY21!  Lets continue to help each other learn and grow. We get better by helping others be better!

Thanks for starting this one. Ready for the membership list to come out and hope that someone is in my area so I can ask what it is that I’m missing. 

Guest Stazz
51 minutes ago, Doc Danny said:

Thanks for starting this one. Ready for the membership list to come out and hope that someone is in my area so I can ask what it is that I’m missing. 

Same here

1 hour ago, Doc Danny said:

Even if they’re not in the area, email!  I did this the last two years and I will again this year. They may not say “you are missing” but the advice will be sound I am sure!

• Like 1

Guest Romeo Sierra One

Ouch! That was the most painful N I've gotten but I got over it within a few hours, without the motrin. Thanks for creating the FY21 thread.

One idea is to start a log of what you've achieved weekly or monthly. When it comes time for evals and submitting a package, you might have something more substantial. If there was anything in your records that need fixed, now is the time to work it out. And please don't forget - SSP.

Guest PO1_LS

Wow I haven’t felt this bad since not picking up third class when all my friends did. Here’s to doing everything I can to make sure that the second time is the charm. Now time to focus on  my Sailors!

Guest PO1Oz

Ok future Selects, Let's start this show early. I will post here some things I have done to fix my record quick and in a hurry so even though I shared this in the FY20 forum, I will put it here nice and fresh so all can use it.

First, review your PSR/ESR and make sure everything on there is good to go ( all awards you have are listed, education etc)

If your awards are not up to date there, Verify they are in NDAWS. If they are, scan and e-mail(encrypted) your awards ( NAM and above) to mill_p33awards@navy.mil

They will update your ESR/PSR (took my record 2 days to update)

Once that is done, call NPC or, MNCC as they call it now and put in a ticket to update your OMPF with those awards, as they will only update your ESR/PSR. Someone will write you an e-mail about the ticket, and you can e-mail them the awards and they will enter it in your OMFP.

TRSUT ME, this took me less than 7 days to accomplish this and I was missing 3 nams and 1 com. The old fashion way, ( MNCC will tell you takes 45 days, when submitted via command/psd etc)

if your 1070/880, 881 are not up to date, you can update those now. Usually done at re-up or transfer (close out). If you are not close to transfer, maybe re-up. This is done via your command printing the 880/881 reports from your NSIPS, and you have the power to update that part.

I will post more stuff to help anyone I can as questions arise. I can't remember everything just yet. Still salty over yesterday's results. Maybe 9th time is the charm?

Guest mslteck99
19 hours ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

Even if they’re not in the area, email!  I did this the last two years and I will again this year. They may not say “you are missing” but the advice will be sound I am sure!

That’s what I did last year, got some good advice...didn’t pan out this year

Guest Stazz

Ok, public release is out and there was no tomfoolery of name on list but somehow not included in Triad email. I've had my spat and now to dust myself off. Lets focus on the positive: 370 days until the results! (Assuming August 5th with leap year). What have you done since your LTB was submitted in preparation for next year? What accolades have your Sailors earned that will help you write your eval in November? Brag a little to boost yourself. We all know that in 7 weeks, our brag sheets and evals will need to be well in work.

In June, we had CWTPI, MPA, and T/M/S Safe For Flight designation. My Sailors scored a perfect on all inspections, resulting in 4 NAMs and 4 LOCs. My Sailors exceeded the Chain of Command's expectations for the training and requalification phase, producing double the CDIs than the next work center. Squadron's transition was reduced by 5 months from the rest of the flight line. Squadron's MPA score was 92, flight line average was 76. 100%. Work center PMK-EE 100% completed 1 June. All eligible Sailors (E3-E5) advanced, and MAP'd Sailor to AT1.

I have a spot NAM awaiting presentation (I was on leave) and a MOVSM (2nd) to route for the last 5 years.

Guest STGC(SW)
20 hours ago, AO1(AW/SW) said:

At this point it has to be my NJP. I have everything else besides SFF...

AO1 (AW/SW),

While NJP's will always be a part of your service record, that doesn't mean it's an absolute negative. I had 2 NJP'S early on in my career and resigned myself to retiring as an STG1. But with a little help and advice, I changed the format of the package I was submitting. Low and behold, I was selected. Positive attitude. And talk to recent selectees, see what they did different. Best of luck

STGC (SW) (RET.)

Guest mslteck99
1 hour ago, NavyNC1 said:

Does that work for adding unit awards to your record?

Your admin will plug Unit awards in NSIPS, verified by PSD. 

Guest LS1(AW/SW/IW)
21 hours ago, AO1(AW/SW) said:

At this point it has to be my NJP. I have everything else besides SFF...

In the same boat. Next year is 5 years.

Guest AO1(AW/SW)
2 hours ago, STGC(SW) said:

AO1 (AW/SW),

While NJP's will always be a part of your service record, that doesn't mean it's an absolute negative. I had 2 NJP'S early on in my career and resigned myself to retiring as an STG1. But with a little help and advice, I changed the format of the package I was submitting. Low and behold, I was selected. Positive attitude. And talk to recent selectees, see what they did different. Best of luck

STGC (SW) (RET.)

STGC,

Thank you for the kind words. This was my first time up for Chief. I am thinking more that my TIR of only 1 year and 6 months had something to do with it. The average in my rate was 3-6 years. This year was my 5 years of NJP. You are right about being positive. I still have plenty of chances left.

Guest PO1Oz
21 hours ago, NavyNC1 said:

Does that work for adding unit awards to your record?

That is a negative. Unit awards are assigned in NSIPS, and I believe that’s your 881 (awards). That has to be updated in your NSIPS via your PS’s/Admin. Then they print that report out once validated and verified, and they submit that to NPC for upload into your OMPF. But that can only be done when re-enlistment/transfer. Tack on an extra year to your contract and get that fixed  sometimes before the end of the year so it has time to update your OMPF. The procedure I listed above is personal awards, Nam and above

Guest GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker
1 hour ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

So they updated the NPC page last night with the NAVADMIN but have not post the membership list yet.  

I guess they want people to get over not making it and give them time to whine down before going on a rampage to see who sat the board lol