Jump to content

FY21 Chief Selection Board


Recommended Posts

Guest NavyNC1
On 8/12/2019 at 11:54 PM, DocEddy8404 said:

What do you mean when you “changed the format” of you package? 

I had a Chief at my last command who was supposedly a “Board Whisperer”. I heard him explain basically you don’t want the first thing the board seeing in your package, your degree, or your SEJPME. Kinda like the eval format Ship, Shipmate, Self. You want the big Navy impact stuff to be the first thing they see so they’re like “Get underway! In the offing knoweth ye that hand over fist I will fight hard & fast! So batten down the hatches because between the devil and the deep blue sea I will deliver more than a shot across the bow! (You big dummy), he did this. Then by the time they get to smaller stuff about you it’s Get underway! In the offing knoweth ye that hand over fist I will fight hard & fast! So batten down the hatches because between the devil and the deep blue sea I will deliver more than a shot across the bow! (You big dummy) and he had time to get that too “

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Guest LS1(AW/SW/IW)

Looking for some insight. Svm receives NJP, but is not found guilty in civilian sector. Has anyone come across this and how was it conveyed to the board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2019 at 1:18 PM, LS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

Looking for some insight. Svm receives NJP, but is not found guilty in civilian sector. Has anyone come across this and how was it conveyed to the board.

NJP can be performed regardless of a civilian conviction.  Talk with you command legal rep for all the in's and out's.  I had NJP in 2013.  In my letter to the board I addressed it right below the enclosures.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest LS1(AW/SW/IW)
On 9/23/2019 at 4:34 PM, Ord3i said:

NJP can be performed regardless of a civilian conviction.  Talk with you command legal rep for all the in's and out's.  I had NJP in 2013.  In my letter to the board I addressed it right below the enclosures.

Do you mind sharing that LTB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well here is to another eval cycle completed. Hope you all break out well and we’re able to accomplish/complete needed milestones. Best of luck to you all. 

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hear hear. I finally got my at sea EP. Ranked 3 of around 20. And the write up is strong. 
 

Ready for the exam! And hoping for good things this year!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/26/2019 at 9:06 PM, YN Uno said:

I honestly get tired of looking at these bibs, but here we go...going in!

right there with you man. Only third time up but hope it’s my last!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Doc (FMF) E

Just curious, what is considered a high PMA under the new policy? Before, if you had a 3.90 and above you had a really strong possibility of making board (in my experience). Now I’m thinking it’s got to be over 4.0. My PMA is 3.95 and I’m wondering if that’s just middle of the pack under the current policy. Anyone care to chime in on this? Thanks!

Doc E

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Doc (FMF) E said:

Just curious, what is considered a high PMA under the new policy? Before, if you had a 3.90 and above you had a really strong possibility of making board (in my experience). Now I’m thinking it’s got to be over 4.0. My PMA is 3.95 and I’m wondering if that’s just middle of the pack under the current policy. Anyone care to chime in on this? Thanks!

Doc E

3.95 may be closer to the upper end vice middle of the pack.  Test score should balance it out though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Krack06
6 hours ago, Ord3i said:

3.95 may be closer to the upper end vice middle of the pack.  Test score should balance it out though.

I’ve been curious about this myself. Creeping on others today and from what I saw it was all over the place..

BU-4.55

CM-4.50

CS-3.90

GSE-4.20

LSS-3.60

Unknown-4.1?

anybody else able to chime in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online



  • Popular Contributors

    Nobody has received reputation this week.

  • 📜 Latest Posts

    1. 0

      Racial discrimination by Veterans Affairs spans decades, lawsuit says

    2. 0

      NAVY ATTENDANCE AT THE 35th ANNUAL SURFACE NAVY ASSOCIATION (SNA) NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM, 10-12 JANUARY 2023

    3. 0

      Hawaii gun permit ruling sides with ‘homesick’ Navy officer

×
×
  • Create New...
Forum Home
www.NavyAdvancement.com
Boots | Navy Patches
Serving enlisted, veterans, spouses & family