Guest NavyNC1
On 8/12/2019 at 11:54 PM, DocEddy8404 said:

What do you mean when you “changed the format” of you package? 

I had a Chief at my last command who was supposedly a “Board Whisperer”. I heard him explain basically you don’t want the first thing the board seeing in your package, your degree, or your SEJPME. Kinda like the eval format Ship, Shipmate, Self. You want the big Navy impact stuff to be the first thing they see so they’re like “Get underway! In the offing knoweth ye that hand over fist I will fight hard & fast! So batten down the hatches because between the devil and the deep blue sea I will deliver more than a shot across the bow! (You big dummy), he did this. Then by the time they get to smaller stuff about you it’s Get underway! In the offing knoweth ye that hand over fist I will fight hard & fast! So batten down the hatches because between the devil and the deep blue sea I will deliver more than a shot across the bow! (You big dummy) and he had time to get that too “

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 1:18 PM, LS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

Looking for some insight. Svm receives NJP, but is not found guilty in civilian sector. Has anyone come across this and how was it conveyed to the board.

NJP can be performed regardless of a civilian conviction.  Talk with you command legal rep for all the in's and out's.  I had NJP in 2013.  In my letter to the board I addressed it right below the enclosures.

• Like 1

Guest LS1(AW/SW/IW)
On 9/23/2019 at 4:34 PM, Ord3i said:

NJP can be performed regardless of a civilian conviction.  Talk with you command legal rep for all the in's and out's.  I had NJP in 2013.  In my letter to the board I addressed it right below the enclosures.

Do you mind sharing that LTB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Doc (FMF) E

Just curious, what is considered a high PMA under the new policy? Before, if you had a 3.90 and above you had a really strong possibility of making board (in my experience). Now I’m thinking it’s got to be over 4.0. My PMA is 3.95 and I’m wondering if that’s just middle of the pack under the current policy. Anyone care to chime in on this? Thanks!

Doc E

12 hours ago, Doc (FMF) E said:

Just curious, what is considered a high PMA under the new policy? Before, if you had a 3.90 and above you had a really strong possibility of making board (in my experience). Now I’m thinking it’s got to be over 4.0. My PMA is 3.95 and I’m wondering if that’s just middle of the pack under the current policy. Anyone care to chime in on this? Thanks!

Doc E

3.95 may be closer to the upper end vice middle of the pack.  Test score should balance it out though.

Guest Krack06
6 hours ago, Ord3i said:

3.95 may be closer to the upper end vice middle of the pack.  Test score should balance it out though.

I’ve been curious about this myself. Creeping on others today and from what I saw it was all over the place..

BU-4.55

CM-4.50

CS-3.90

GSE-4.20

LSS-3.60

Unknown-4.1?

anybody else able to chime in?