FY21 Chief Selection Board

Guest navyordie123
8 minutes ago, Doc Danny said:

Who’s going to be the back up for the corpsman? lol. The on time I want the weekend to actual go by fast 😫

Why does it feel like with the new way that they are doing things with the release of SBE results that the actual results are getting ready to come out?

11 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Why does it feel like with the new way that they are doing things with the release of SBE results that the actual results are getting ready to come out?

Cause people have to wait for their leadership to come let them down. I think it’s more just the buzz of the board season starting. The different quotas and such have/will be coming out soon. Posts in here will pick up some for those that are starting on their package. 

good luck to everyone in making the top 60% of your respective ratings

8 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

@Tony gotta have the corpsman as a back up with some stretcher bearers and some oxygen tanks. 

Lol, yeah we'll have the standard equipment over by Vulture's Row. Hopefully we'll get several corpsmen to volunteer!

:4219:

Guest UwantMotrin?
11 hours ago, Doc Danny said:

Who’s going to be the back up for the corpsman? lol. The on time I want the weekend to actual go by fast 😫

I'll be the back up :big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoti

5 hours ago, UwantMotrin? said:

I'll be the back up :big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoti

Okay! It's official. Vulture's row will be manned and ready for anyone who passes out or barfs :5583: (happens every year.) I'll set up the equipment at vulture's row. There will be beer and milk and cookies! :bigemo_harabe_net-85:

Guest Doc Danny
21 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

Yes. I can’t take it. I actually think I would rather hit refresh a thousand times to get my profile sheet and find out that way. 

Guest navyordie123
5 minutes ago, Doc Danny said:

Yes. I can’t take it. I actually think I would rather hit refresh a thousand times to get my profile sheet and find out that way. 

Yeah I’m about 50/50 on it but we will see how it works out this year. Might be better the new way

11 hours ago, Doc Danny said:

11 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

Yeah I’m about 50/50 on it but we will see how it works out this year. Might be better the new way

So I’ve had thoughts on this since they announced this new way of notification. Since making SBE is a direct result on my test performance, I would rather not be notified I didn’t make it. Especially if I am in the middle of something. I’d rather look for myself when I am ready to. But I think the PROS outweigh the CONS on this. You no longer have to try to figure out how to get everyone to log into their profile sheets on limited computers. If you have a Sailor on leave, TAD, or IA/deployed you can get their status. If internet on the ship sucks and no one can log in. 

Guest navyordie123
14 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

So I’ve had thoughts on this since they announced this new way of notification. Since making SBE is a direct result on my test performance, I would rather not be notified I didn’t make it. Especially if I am in the middle of something. I’d rather look for myself when I am ready to. But I think the PROS outweigh the CONS on this. You no longer have to try to figure out how to get everyone to log into their profile sheets on limited computers. If you have a Sailor on leave, TAD, or IA/deployed you can get their status. If internet on the ship sucks and no one can log in. 

I can agree with not having to wait for a computer to have to check your profile sheet but I think the anticipation waiting for the CO to walk around or go to his office or even that phone call is worse than waiting to look at your profile sheet cause if the CO doesn’t come in til later then you have to wait all day vice ok it’s that time let me look at my profile sheet. 

On 3/7/2020 at 7:50 AM, navyordie123 said:

I can agree with not having to wait for a computer to have to check your profile sheet but I think the anticipation waiting for the CO to walk around or go to his office or even that phone call is worse than waiting to look at your profile sheet cause if the CO doesn’t come in til later then you have to wait all day vice ok it’s that time let me look at my profile sheet. 

Yes its bad for the individual, but holistically It’s better for the larger group. A carrier for example, much better. 

Guest GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker
13 hours ago, YN Uno said:

My CO's RSCA on my PSR in BOL finally updated. Took long enough...

Was it missing or something ?

28 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

13 hours and 58 minutes til SBE results are posted to BOL for Triads but who is counting LOL!! 

Yeah, I'm still setting up the scaffolding for the first-aid station over at vulture's row. Should be done in time, all is well, thank you!

:128_1:

Guest navyordie123
3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yeah, I'm still setting up the scaffolding for the first-aid station over at vulture's row. Should be done in time, all is well, thank you!

:128_1:

Thank you for making sure that those that will need it have a place to recover after they fall out from either good or bad news. 

Guest YN Uno
On 3/9/2020 at 7:30 PM, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

what do you mean updated?

It was missing from my PSR. So generally a CO's RSCA in your PSR is usually updated within 90 days after our NOV evals are due (So PERS states). 

As people wait and ponder their fate, many wonder what their destiny will be in a few days. Some wonder if they will be able to go fishing by their favorite creek without barfing every thirty minutes. 

Others are determined not to have to go to the first-aid station, over by vulture's row, for a barf bag or some Motrin. Many have said they will only go there for some beer or milk & cookies - we'll see. The AO's are adamant that if they do visit for refreshments that it includes Jack Daniel's fine whiskey (okay, no problem.)

Stay tuned as this pans out, and we do what we must do to avoid a mass casualty on deck...

:graphics-3d-smileys-986177:

Here's the reminder:

• March 11, 2020, 1100 EDT--Command triad notification on BUPERS OnLine (BOL)
  • March 12, 2020, 1100 EDT--available on individual's profile sheet on NEAS Web

*E-7 SBE is set by establishing a Final Multiple Score rank order in each rating. E-6 Sailors participating in the advancement cycle that fall in the top 60% within their rating will be considered SBE.