Guest Charlie_Tango
1 hour ago, LS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

Listen, I’ve heard sustaine superior performance, dctt lpo at sea the whole 9. I’m also saw people make the cut with zero of the things Every mentioned . It gets to the point where if it’s your turn it’s your turn.

I was never LPO at sea, never even a first class at sea. It depends on your evals, your whole record. What you’ve done and where you’ve been. If those people were selected, something in their record gave a tank of Master Chiefs confidence they were best and fully qualified to be the Chief, compared to others within their competitive group. 

8 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

What does everyone think about the triads being notified first of board eligibility before the profile sheets come out now?

I have always been a supporter of the big three getting a look before everyone else.  It makes it quicker to identify who did or did not make the cut vice waiting for the Sailor to print out the profile sheet.  

Guest navyordie123
Just now, Ord3i said:

I have always been a supporter of the big three getting a look before everyone else.  It makes it quicker to identify who did or did not make the cut vice waiting for the Sailor to print out the profile sheet.  

Very true and I agree with that. It’ll make things a little more interesting. 

Guest GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker
3 hours ago, LS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

Listen, I’ve heard sustaine superior performance, dctt lpo at sea the whole 9. I’m also saw people make the cut with zero of the things Every mentioned . It gets to the point where if it’s your turn it’s your turn.

Haha that's so true I've known people with way less make it lol, I guess it was there evals cause it definitely wasnt anything else.

7 hours ago, LS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

The point you bring is a valid one and I think that has to do with the fact some MCPOs value some things more than other MCPOs, there is no constant and that is frustrating. 

Guest Charlie_Tango
4 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

What does everyone think about the triads being notified first of board eligibility before the profile sheets come out now?

I’m all for it... better then me chasing down every PO1, pulling them off the deckplates, making them log in a computer, hit refresh 258473 times, just to print out their profile sheet for me to see if they were SBE.

Guest navyordie123
1 hour ago, GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker said:

2 more weeks until board eligibility results come out yikes!!!

They put out a date already or you just going off of history?

10 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

They put out a date already or you just going off of history?

Going off of history,  last year it was March 12th..

My buddy just sent me this,

Fellow Firsts,

I just wanted to put out some information in regards to the upcoming CPO season. Some of you may not yet be eligible but it’s never too early to start verifying your record and making sure it’s good to go. Obviously I have not been selected, but since last year, this is all the information I have gotten from Chiefs and Master Chiefs that have sat the board.

-       Go to BOL and go to the PSR tab. The PSR is what they will look at during the board process. Click PSR and then select 1996 to present. Then click generate PDF. You can see all of your evaluations back to your days as an E5. You want to ensure with the new grading scale that your average is at or above RSCA.

-       Review your last 5 evaluations for accuracy. While on BOL you can go to the CCA/FITREP/Eval reports tab. Once there hit “continuity report” this will run a report to see if you have any gaps in your evals. Keep in mind it doesn’t check for overlaps. For that you will need to visually verify each eval starts the day after your last eval regardless of rank. A gap, be it a day or a month is listed as “undocumented service” and can severely affect your record.

-       While in OMPF you need to review field codes 32-37 and check to make sure there’s nothing inaccurate or in the worst case, someone else’s file in your record.  Lastly, when reviewing field code 37, you’re looking for a couple things…all your NAM and up awards are in there and any page 4 submissions are accurate.

-       Lastly if you plan to submit a letter to the board (deadline is 29MAY20) if you go to BOL and select the ESSBD tab you can now submit your entire package to the board electronically. All you need to do is select the appropriate board. Upload all of your attachments and verify your full name and SSN is in the top right corner of each page you plan to submit. You can then submit your LTB via the internet. This is new and the first year that it is being used.

-       Any NAM’s or above awards not in your service record should be submitted in your LTB. Also any designation letters (FCPOA President, DAPA, CMEO, etc.) can be submitted if you like even if they are on your evaluation. If it’s important to you, submit it.

-       BPME, PPME, and SEJPME courses are “strongly recommended” but after I learned last year, they are pretty much required. I spoke with VAW-115’s MMCPO who sat the new style board 2 years ago and he told me the SEJPME course on JKO holds the equivalent education weight as a bachelor’s degree does. The Navy is not playing around with these courses.

-       MOVSM is huge. Even if you don’t have your MOVSM submit any documents you have documenting your community service. If you didn’t know, big Navy says in order to qualify for your MOVSM you must have it on 3 consecutive evals. VFA-31 has a local command instruction that states if you have 100 documented hours while at VFA-31, and it is documented on 3 consecutive evals you can submit for your MOVSM.

-       If you go to NPC and go to boards, active duty enlisted, then CPO selection boards you can see the precept’s, the convening order, quotas and the membership from people who sat the boards. This year’s precepts are not out yet but they don’t change much year to year. I found VAW-115’s MMCPO on the membership list from 2018, sent him an email and he asked me to come speak with him and reviewed my package. Find someone from your field (AVCM, AFCM, etc.) and reach out to them and ask them to review your package. Don’t wait till results come out, because if it is something small you will still have time to knock it out and submit it in your LTB.

Hope some of this information helps and my apologies for the lengthy e-mail but I just wanted everyone to be aware of the resources out there and to pass along some of the information I have gained since last year’s board. Good luck to all those who are eligible, and to those who will be in the near future.

Guest Machinist Capt Amer
On 1/18/2020 at 5:45 AM, GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker said:

I'm a GSE and my RSCA PMA was a 4.1, but I've also seen other GSE1s with 3.7s, so the low RSCA PMAs will balance everything out at the end.

I got my check on eval going from recruiting to a big deck amphib with a new CO. I am LPO of the Div and the CO’s RSCA was 4.01 and I received a 3.57 P. But I have 3 EP’s and another P going to board if I get SBE. Any thoughts?

23 hours ago, Machinist Capt Amer said:

I got my check on eval going from recruiting to a big deck amphib with a new CO. I am LPO of the Div and the CO’s RSCA was 4.01 and I received a 3.57 P. But I have 3 EP’s and another P going to board if I get SBE. Any thoughts?

So both of your reporting Ps were new check in Ps? With some I've spoken with those are expected,  some get lucky and get a MP first eval onboard,  I'm sure the board will recognize it and not ding you too much cause of it, long as you've shown progression, I think you're in a good spot depending on your write ups..

Guest mmn1ss

Hey asking for help from any sub nuke chiefs. Just looking for some advice about my LTB, honestly at this point just don't know what I'm missing so trying for an outside point-of-view. Thanks.

Guest PO14Life

I finally decided to come back to these forums.I noticed quite a few references to NJP in this thread, and hope everyone can overcome past bumps in the road. Unfortunately mine was in this previous year, and I only have three left to 20. I wish everyone the best of luck, and look forward to seeing all the happy Selecteds this cycle.

Guest navyordie123

Let the games begin! @Tony should we get a corpsman standing by for when the triad SBE results come out? I know it’s early but I think with the change they might be needed lol

20 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Let the games begin! @Tony should we get a corpsman standing by for when the triad SBE results come out? I know it’s early but I think with the change they might be needed lol

Yes! We know that at least one shipmate will pass out!

:big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoti

Guest Doc Danny
21 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

@Tony gotta have the corpsman as a back up with some stretcher bearers and some oxygen tanks. 

Who’s going to be the back up for the corpsman? lol. The on time I want the weekend to actual go by fast 😫