Jump to content
Navy Forum for Enlisted, Reserves, Veterans, Chiefs & Spouses

FY21 Chief Selection Board

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, MILSPOUSE01 said:

Just curious on everyone's thoughts! How late do you think results will be this year or do you think they will 'crunch' it all in, to keep things on track?

Great question.  All boards have been pushed back so it’ll definitely be interesting to see how everything unfolds for E7-E9 selects.  It would suck if they tried to “crunch” things due to being pressed for time as it might risk the boards doing their due diligence for all board eligibles.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2020 at 9:51 PM, MILSPOUSE01 said:

Just curious on everyone's thoughts! How late do you think results will be this year or do you think they will 'crunch' it all in, to keep things on track?

This has happen before. I was trying to search for it but got caught up working and being a teacher. It was when Millington flooded really bad. Does anyone recall when that was? It could give us an idea of what to expect....somewhat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Doc Danny said:

This has happen before. I was trying to search for it but got caught up working and being a teacher. It was when Millington flooded really bad. Does anyone recall when that was? It could give us an idea of what to expect....somewhat. 

I didn't read this whole article but it references May 4, 2010. -> https://www.stripes.com/news/tenn-flooding-leaves-navy-personnel-records-inaccessible-1.101813

I do remember there was chaos and calamity at the time :huh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Tony said:

I didn't read this whole article but it references May 4, 2010. -> https://www.stripes.com/news/tenn-flooding-leaves-navy-personnel-records-inaccessible-1.101813

I do remember there was chaos and calamity at the time :huh:

And results didn’t come out till Aug 11 that year. Scuttlebutt I am hearing is a sep-oct time frame season for a condensed season this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

And results didn’t come out till Aug 11 that year. Scuttlebutt I am hearing is a sep-oct time frame season for a condensed season this year. 

Very interesting thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2020 at 3:41 PM, GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker said:

More than 10 for me lol..

What are you sending in? I'm submitting SJPME, USMAP cert, FLOC, ARCOM and I may or may not send in a few designation letters. I have a few bullets for them on the evals so it might not be necessary to submit. A lot of master chiefs told me if it's on your eval, don't submit it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Romeo Sierra One said:

What are you sending in? I'm submitting SJPME, USMAP cert, FLOC, ARCOM and I may or may not send in a few designation letters. I have a few bullets for them on the evals so it might not be necessary to submit. A lot of master chiefs told me if it's on your eval, don't submit it. 

I always here mixed reviews. Like even if it’s on an eval; if it’s a big ticket item send it in anyway. Especially if it’s on an older eval. I have my degree, MTS cert, USMAP certs, Navy COOL certs, SEJPME/PPME/BPME, and some other things that’ll have me at like 14 enclosures. A few MCPOs said it’s a lot, but if it’s important send it. I refuse to leave any doubt in my mind on what I should or shouldn’t have sent once I hit send this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2019 at 2:23 PM, PO1Oz said:

Ok future Selects, Let's start this show early. I will post here some things I have done to fix my record quick and in a hurry so even though I shared this in the FY20 forum, I will put it here nice and fresh so all can use it.

First, review your PSR/ESR and make sure everything on there is good to go ( all awards you have are listed, education etc)

If your awards are not up to date there, Verify they are in NDAWS. If they are, scan and e-mail(encrypted) your awards ( NAM and above) to mill_p33awards@navy.mil

They will update your ESR/PSR (took my record 2 days to update)

Once that is done, call NPC or, MNCC as they call it now and put in a ticket to update your OMPF with those awards, as they will only update your ESR/PSR. Someone will write you an e-mail about the ticket, and you can e-mail them the awards and they will enter it in your OMFP.

TRSUT ME, this took me less than 7 days to accomplish this and I was missing 3 nams and 1 com. The old fashion way, ( MNCC will tell you takes 45 days, when submitted via command/psd etc)

if your 1070/880, 881 are not up to date, you can update those now. Usually done at re-up or transfer (close out). If you are not close to transfer, maybe re-up. This is done via your command printing the 880/881 reports from your NSIPS, and you have the power to update that part.

I will post more stuff to help anyone I can as questions arise. I can't remember everything just yet. Still salty over yesterday's results. Maybe 9th time is the charm?

Hey bud really good stuff. How is it exactly that you can update your 880/881 reports from NSIPS? I am re-enlisting soon but I do not think it will reflect in my record by the time the boards happen. Thanks!

 

Tim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Helo_AO said:

I always here mixed reviews. Like even if it’s on an eval; if it’s a big ticket item send it in anyway. Especially if it’s on an older eval. I have my degree, MTS cert, USMAP certs, Navy COOL certs, SEJPME/PPME/BPME, and some other things that’ll have me at like 14 enclosures. A few MCPOs said it’s a lot, but if it’s important send it. I refuse to leave any doubt in my mind on what I should or shouldn’t have sent once I hit send this year.

My thoughts exactly. Previous years I’ve had the thought of what if I had sent this or I should have sent that. I have only sent what was new or what wasn’t reflected in my record yet. This year I want to highlight everything and it will be the first time submitting a career summary. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Tmills1217 said:

Hey bud really good stuff. How is it exactly that you can update your 880/881 reports from NSIPS? I am re-enlisting soon but I do not think it will reflect in my record by the time the boards happen. Thanks!

 

Tim

So I have the same issues with my 1070/880 and 881, I re upped in December of 2017, I've gotten alot of quals and awards since then,  I just need to get the updated ones from nsips into my ompf cause I dont want to submit them in my ltb when I dont have to, when you find more information on this please let me know, thank you..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2020 at 6:08 AM, Romeo Sierra One said:

What are you sending in? I'm submitting SJPME, USMAP cert, FLOC, ARCOM and I may or may not send in a few designation letters. I have a few bullets for them on the evals so it might not be necessary to submit. A lot of master chiefs told me if it's on your eval, don't submit it. 

Sending in my 3MC, 3MA, CRT designation letters possibly EDO designation letter as well,NAMTS which is a Gas turbine electrician qualification in my career path and gives a NEC,USMAP, Gas Turbine license Certification,  MOVSM,  presidential volunteer service award, SEJPME 1&2, Enlisted leadership foundation (Foundry) course cert..that's all for now but could change if I get more stuff in the next 3 to 4 weeks..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2020 at 6:08 AM, Romeo Sierra One said:

What are you sending in? I'm submitting SJPME, USMAP cert, FLOC, ARCOM and I may or may not send in a few designation letters. I have a few bullets for them on the evals so it might not be necessary to submit. A lot of master chiefs told me if it's on your eval, don't submit it. 

My 3mc, 3MA, movsm, edo, presidential volunteer award, USMAP , SEJPME 2 were a month or 2 after evals were signed..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker said:

Sending in my 3MC, 3MA, CRT designation letters possibly EDO designation letter as well,NAMTS which is a Gas turbine electrician qualification in my career path and gives a NEC,USMAP, Gas Turbine license Certification,  MOVSM,  presidential volunteer service award, SEJPME 1&2, Enlisted leadership foundation (Foundry) course cert..that's all for now but could change if I get more stuff in the next 3 to 4 weeks..

That sounds good, hopefully this will be your year along with others who are on this forum. Are there any CPOs on here that got selected who sent in LTB items that were already documented on their evals?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Romeo Sierra One said:

That sounds good, hopefully this will be your year along with others who are on this forum. Are there any CPOs on here that got selected who sent in LTB items that were already documented on their evals?

 

I did,  I sent in designation letters even though the billet was documented on an eval.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, jspoon said:

Can anyone please tell me when the Selres Board Eligible results will come out??

NAVADMIN 069/20

”3. Results. E-4 through E-6 Total Force advancements and SELRES E-7 Selection Board Eligibility are anticipated to be released in July 2020. Results are heavily dependent on commands promptly processing and returning answer sheets.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any CPOs on the forum ever was reduced in rank. If so, how did you communicate that to the board? My ESR and continuity report show a gap in my evaluations but that is due to being reduced in rank. The evaluations m, however, are documented in my OMPF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe this was brought up last cycle but what are some reasons that you think will help you get selected? Also what are some that may hurt you? 

Reasons that may help

-LPO, SSOQ

-Sailor development

-FCPOA cabinet member X2 w/ community & command impact

-Command and department collaterals w/impact

-filled CPO billet for 3 years

-IA tour Afghanistan 

Reasons why no “S”

-no college

-no MOVSM

-welcome aboard P

-missing eval in OMPF from 14 years ago (unfortunately I don’t have a copy of it)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Romeo Sierra One said:

I believe this was brought up last cycle but what are some reasons that you think will help you get selected? Also what are some that may hurt you? 

Reasons that may help

-LPO, SSOQ

-Sailor development

-FCPOA cabinet member X2 w/ community & command impact

-Command and department collaterals w/impact

-filled CPO billet for 3 years

-IA tour Afghanistan 

Reasons why no “S”

-no college

-no MOVSM

-welcome aboard P

-missing eval in OMPF from 14 years ago (unfortunately I don’t have a copy of it)

I don't think that welcome aboard P will hurt all that much tho..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Romeo Sierra One said:

I believe this was brought up last cycle but what are some reasons that you think will help you get selected? Also what are some that may hurt you? 

Reasons that may help

-LPO, SSOQ

-Sailor development

-FCPOA cabinet member X2 w/ community & command impact

-Command and department collaterals w/impact

-filled CPO billet for 3 years

-IA tour Afghanistan 

Reasons why no “S”

-no college

-no MOVSM

-welcome aboard P

-missing eval in OMPF from 14 years ago (unfortunately I don’t have a copy of it)

Have you submitted a letter in lieu of missing eval to fill that gap?  If not, I have the template and cover sheet from fixing mine from last year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anybody tried the ESSB out yet? I was just checking it out earlier to try and get my letter to the board template created to print out for my package to send to some people but when adding enclosure it says after two that the file space has been reached. Trying to figure out how to send the 10+ enclosures in one letter to the board. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, OrdieLife said:

Has anybody tried the ESSB out yet? I was just checking it out earlier to try and get my letter to the board template created to print out for my package to send to some people but when adding enclosure it says after two that the file space has been reached. Trying to figure out how to send the 10+ enclosures in one letter to the board. 

Make sure that your files are PDFs and not images to limit size of documents. With the new system the max upload for one LTB is 10MB. So you may have to submit more than one LTB if you are lookin at that many enclosures. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2020 at 3:18 AM, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

Make sure that your files are PDFs and not images to limit size of documents. With the new system the max upload for one LTB is 10MB. So you may have to submit more than one LTB if you are lookin at that many enclosures. 

You are still allowed to use the email as well correct? 
 
I am gonna double check the NAVADMIN also to verify. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 67 Guests (See full list)

    • CargoGuns

×
×
  • Create New...