Guest GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker
On 1/17/2020 at 5:06 AM, Krack06 said:

I’ve been curious about this myself. Creeping on others today and from what I saw it was all over the place..

BU-4.55

CM-4.50

CS-3.90

GSE-4.20

LSS-3.60

Unknown-4.1?

anybody else able to chime in?

I'm a GSE and my RSCA PMA was a 4.1, but I've also seen other GSE1s with 3.7s, so the low RSCA PMAs will balance everything out at the end.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:32 AM, Doc (FMF) E said:

Just curious, what is considered a high PMA under the new policy? Before, if you had a 3.90 and above you had a really strong possibility of making board (in my experience). Now I’m thinking it’s got to be over 4.0. My PMA is 3.95 and I’m wondering if that’s just middle of the pack under the current policy. Anyone care to chime in on this? Thanks!

Doc E

I actually was sitting across from a HM1 and his RSCA was low low like 3.73 low so I'm thinking anything over 4 is close to the top, but a 3.95 isn't too far off, I'm betting the RSCA PMA average would be like 3.90 or 4ish for you guys, so you're not low as you think you are, just gotta wait till march get here and see, but the lower RSCA PMA will balance out everything.

Guest navyordie123

I am coming up on 20 years next year and if I didn't make Chief this year and put in my Fleet Reserve package, would that affect me in anyway for the next cycle?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DocEddy8404

Hey forum! Looking for some guidance. This is my 3rd time up for Chief, and I believe my only detractor is my NJP from 2012. I know it’s well outside the 5 year mark; however, I’m wondering if it’s worth addressing on my LTB. Any advice or gtg career summary’s etc would be helpful. 

Guest NavyFramer
On 1/30/2020 at 7:49 PM, DocEddy8404 said:

Hey forum! Looking for some guidance. This is my 3rd time up for Chief, and I believe my only detractor is my NJP from 2012. I know it’s well outside the 5 year mark; however, I’m wondering if it’s worth addressing on my LTB. Any advice or gtg career summary’s etc would be helpful. 

That’s completely up to you. I personally wouldn’t address it; I’d let my record speak for itself. Hopefully you didn’t let it slow you down. 

Guest NavyFramer
On 9/18/2019 at 1:18 PM, LS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

Looking for some insight. Svm receives NJP, but is not found guilty in civilian sector. Has anyone come across this and how was it conveyed to the board.

One of my LPOs was busted down for a DUI and the Civilian sector found him not guilty. He ended up fighting for his rank back and got it back with back pay. 

On 1/31/2020 at 12:49 PM, DocEddy8404 said:

PERS-8 discussed this directly back in 2018. All adverse information FC-38 will be addressed in the tank as it is required. Though adverse information past 5 years will have a lesser impact to your SSP, it will still be addressed. There is nothing wrong with letting the board know in you LTB how you overcame it.  It's good to let them know you own it and improved, especially if it's within the last 5 years. The other option is to leave it alone and let your record speak for itself to how you overcame it. At the end of the day it's your package and whether you choose to address it or not is up to you. 

Guest DocEddy8404
On 2/1/2020 at 3:28 PM, SK2006 said:

PERS-8 discussed this directly back in 2018. All adverse information FC-38 will be addressed in the tank as it is required. Though adverse information past 5 years will have a lesser impact to your SSP, it will still be addressed. There is nothing wrong with letting the board know in you LTB how you overcame it.  It's good to let them know you own it and improved, especially if it's within the last 5 years. The other option is to leave it alone and let your record speak for itself to how you overcame it. At the end of the day it's your package and whether you choose to address it or not is up to you. 

Hey thanks for the feedback. The only odd thing is my NJP was not filed under a FC-38 (I don’t have any in my record) I have a PG13(FC-32) my

eval addresses it, and my awards PG has my good cookie restart, and that’s all the documents on that. 

11 hours ago, DocEddy8404 said:

Hey thanks for the feedback. The only odd thing is my NJP was not filed under a FC-38 (I don’t have any in my record) I have a PG13(FC-32) my

eval addresses it, and my awards PG has my good cookie restart, and that’s all the documents on that. 

Well that's interesting. The only advice I can give you is be ok with what you put in your LTB. Don't feel like you will have regrets whether you address or not. Make your best decision and stick with it. Because there is no worst feeling then getting the N and telling yourself, "If I did it differently, maybe I would've gotten an S". Make your best decision and be ok with that. There is no right or wrong here. We all have to make decisions in regards to our career all the time, what makes us strive to do better is being good with the outcome.

Guest Helo_AO
On 1/30/2020 at 10:49 PM, DocEddy8404 said:

I had this same exact thought last year when I was submitting my package. I spoke with two Master Chiefs who had sat the previous two boards. One told me to write a statement on my LTB, the other said don't because it happened in 2011 and it is way out of the five year range (even though they may look back further than five years). So I went with my gut feeling and just explained briefly the reason why my evaluations are gapped due to an NJP in my record. Got an "N," so I don't know if I had not made a statement would it have been different? Who knows? 

On 1/30/2020 at 7:49 PM, DocEddy8404 said:

I had NJP in 2013.  I addressed it in my LTB on the cover page under the list of enclosures.  I was selected.  FC-38 is common on boards and it is briefed to everyone.  The board wants to see what you did after the NJP, that is what counts the most!!  It took me 19 years to get selected and six years to get out of the penalty box.

• Like 1

Guest LS1(AW/SW/IW)
On 2/1/2020 at 1:50 AM, NavyFramer said:

One of my LPOs was busted down for a DUI and the Civilian sector found him not guilty. He ended up fighting for his rank back and got it back with back pay. 

Able to shed light. I know it definitely hurt me at the command until I transferred 

Guest LS1(AW/SW/IW)
16 minutes ago, Ord3i said:

I had NJP in 2013.  I addressed it in my LTB on the cover page under the list of enclosures.  I was selected.  FC-38 is common on boards and it is briefed to everyone.  The board wants to see what you did after the NJP, that is what counts the most!!  It took me 19 years to get selected and six years to get out of the penalty box.

Mind sharing that LTB

Guest Charlie_Tango
On 2/5/2020 at 7:13 PM, GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker said:

What are the perception of inrate and out of rate NECs at the Chiefs board?

Directly from the convening order for FY-20

7A6A37D5-BABF-4350-A878-BA06438FEA77.jpeg

Guest Charlie_Tango

If anyone is in the combat systems realm, and would like someone to go through your record or review your LTB, let me know. I’m in the Hampton Roads area as well. Good luck. 

- ETC

Guest Charlie_Tango
6 hours ago, GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker said:

I didn't know that pertained to NECs...

I apologize, thought you said quals. Misread . See paragraph above that one. As long as you use those NECs to lead, develop others, and contribute to your division/department/command you’re GTG 👍

5 hours ago, Charlie_Tango said:

I apologize, thought you said quals. Misread . See paragraph above that one. As long as you use those NECs to lead, develop others, and contribute to your division/department/command you’re GTG 👍

That's perfect and good to know thank you..

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 4:18 PM, Charlie_Tango said:

Would 3MC be a special qualification by chance?