Guest subguy10524
1 hour ago, navyordie123 said:

That would be nice but haven’t heard any official notice on when the results will be out yet. So I’m guessing now late next week or the 23rd. 

Yup, I agree. No official announcement yesterday, means it won’t be Monday-Wednesday. Possible late week release, but looking more like the next week. 

Guest jpratt241982

What’s your thoughts???  I feel like it would have to be before November LES comes out. Hear me out. They have already announced that they are going to back date pay to what would have been original advancement pay date. So it would be possible to be a paid E7 going through the season correct? And if you are senior and get back dated pay till last September 15 you would see that at the end of month LES this month if they plan on announcing it in November. But I could also see them waiting till December to push all the backdated pay. Just thoughts. 

27 minutes ago, jpratt241982 said:

What’s your thoughts???  I feel like it would have to be before November LES comes out. Hear me out. They have already announced that they are going to back date pay to what would have been original advancement pay date. So it would be possible to be a paid E7 going through the season correct? And if you are senior and get back dated pay till last September 15 you would see that at the end of month LES this month if they plan on announcing it in November. But I could also see them waiting till December to push all the backdated pay. Just thoughts. 

They could also wait to push it till after the expected season time frame so that no one would get paid during season?

Guest subguy10524
10 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

Just heard the same thing from a second person at different geographical location. They were told from someone running season that the results will be to triads this coming Thursday. 

Multiple rumors means it is getting close. Nerves are setting in this weekend for me. 

Guest navyordie123
1 hour ago, subguy10524 said:

Multiple rumors means it is getting close. Nerves are setting in this weekend for me. 

Couldn’t agree more. This is my eighth time up and it kinda gets easier. My nerves really won’t kick in until a couple nights before results release. 

Guest subguy10524
16 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Couldn’t agree more. This is my eighth time up and it kinda gets easier. My nerves really won’t kick in until a couple nights before results release. 

I’m with you. This is like 6th or 7th? Made first in 2013. This time I actually think I have a good shot. So first time actually having nerves. 

Guest navyordie123
10 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

I’m with you. This is like 6th or 7th? Made first in 2013. This time I actually think I have a good shot. So first time actually having nerves. 

Nerves have gotten me every time. The past few times I have been more relaxed than before, not because I know I have a good shot but because if I make it I make it and if not then I keep pushing harder for next year. As long as my junior sailors are taken care of then I know I have done a great job even if I am selected or not. 

Guest Machinist Capt Amer

Well we have been so distracted with 3MI and INSURV preparations that I didn't have time to worry about result dates or anything but after ready all these comments It has  Reignited my curiosity as to if I made it or not. Good luck to everyone.

3 hours ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

Just heard the same thing from a second person at different geographical location. They were told from someone running season that the results will be to triads this coming Thursday. 

This would be nice. 

Guest Helo_AO
7 hours ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

I’ll be in route back to the States around that time, so I won’t know anything until probably Saturday if this holds true. Gonna be interesting.

Guest navyordie123
6 minutes ago, Helo_AO said:

I’ll be in route back to the States around that time, so I won’t know anything until probably Saturday if this holds true. Gonna be interesting.

Yes it will be and it has been very interesting all ready. I know come next week @Tony we might need to employ the emergency medical stations with stretcher bearers, we might need some Corpsman to help with set up. 

8 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

Yes it will be and it has been very interesting all ready. I know come next week @Tony we might need to employ the emergency medical stations with stretcher bearers, we might need some Corpsman to help with set up. 

:5278:

Lol, I was going to mention something about that last night but got sidetracked so yes we'll need a few Corpsman as it's projected that more people than  usual will pass out! 😎

New rumors: official start of full season will be pushed ~2 weeks to allow for ROM for sailors that decided to take holiday leave as recommended by MCPON,so pinning would be pushed into Feb.  

I mean, only makes sense 🥸🤔

2 minutes ago, Pebz said:

New rumors: official start of full season will be pushed ~2 weeks to allow for ROM for sailors that decided to take holiday leave as recommended by MCPON,so pinning would be pushed into Feb.  

I mean, only makes sense 🥸🤔

I don’t think so. My command is only allowing 3 days for rom following an 11 day period for standdown unless traveling to a high risk area or you come back and admit that you didn’t maintain social distancing rules or wear a mask. 
Also it would just suck for them to change the date this late. There’s allowance for any command to move the date as necessary and I think that should stay at that level and not be fleet wide. 

Guest AO_Beast
40 minutes ago, MMN said:

I don’t think so. My command is only allowing 3 days for rom following an 11 day period for standdown unless traveling to a high risk area or you come back and admit that you didn’t maintain social distancing rules or wear a mask. 
Also it would just suck for them to change the date this late. There’s allowance for any command to move the date as necessary and I think that should stay at that level and not be fleet wide. 

I just want the waiting to be over who’s with me!!! 🤣

1 hour ago, MMN said:

I’m not surprised but it still amazes me the way different commands do ROM. 3 days is pointless. Might as well not ROM at all. 

time shall tell

Guest OSC4LYFE

Good luck to everyone. Hope to see somes names in the next couple of weeks. Take time with ur family. Remember even though these are difficult times, the season is still the season. Get ready for some long days, longer nights and alot of training. The clock is ticking..

Guest BESTTHEREIS
On 11/14/2020 at 9:47 AM, navyordie123 said:

That would be nice but haven’t heard any official notice on when the results will be out yet. So I’m now late next week or the 23rd. 

I'm curious, how is the taping done and all that good stuff.  I'm working overtime making sure I'm within standards and staying within standards. I don't weigh-ins getting in the way of me putting on Chief.

Guest AO_Beast
5 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

Another peg in the rumor wheel. Someone posted a screen shot of an email from their CMC that was accidentally sent to the Everyone instead of just the chiefs mess. “Unofficial but results could come out as early as 19th”

Go ahead and post this screen shot. I would like to see it. And I am sure everyone else would. I don't know what I am going to do with myself once the results are out and everyone stops posting to this message board. I look forward to coming to work and checking this. 

Guest Helo_AO
12 minutes ago, AO_Beast said:

Go ahead and post this screen shot. I would like to see it. And I am sure everyone else would. I don't know what I am going to do with myself once the results are out and everyone stops posting to this message board. I look forward to coming to work and checking this. 

Facts, hopefully ALL of us are still posting but in the Selectee forum.

5 minutes ago, Helo_AO said:

Facts, hopefully ALL of us are still posting but in the Selectee forum.

I cannot speak for this year, but when I went through initiation, I had no time for anything other than the season.  I hope all of you get the S this year!!!!

• Like 1

Guest Helo_AO
13 minutes ago, Ord3i said:

I cannot speak for this year, but when I went through initiation, I had no time for anything other than the season.  I hope all of you get the S this year!!!!

Yikes! Lol, and thanks Chief!