FY21 Chief Selection Board

6 hours ago, MMN said:

I’ve heard that Chief results have to be released before the E6 and below results can be determined and released, if that’s true then I’d think they’d be out earlier then we all think, to keep with the normal timeline of before Thanksgiving release for E6 and below results. 

I don’t think normal timelines are a concern this this cycle since they are doing staggering for testing. 

8 hours ago, MMN said:

I’ve heard that Chief results have to be released before the E6 and below results can be determined and released, if that’s true then I’d think they’d be out earlier then we all think, to keep with the normal timeline of before Thanksgiving release for E6 and below results. 

This would make sense since E6 quotas would reflect openings because of how many people make E7. This is considering E7 quotas not filled due to legal matters/board proceedings. 

Guest navyordie123
4 hours ago, Nuke said:

Food for thought; FY20 board adjourned July 19th, and results came out 12 days later..

Well if the rumors are true and the board adjourned early. I think someone on here posted that on Wednesday or Thursday that they adjourned so if it sticks to 12 days later then that would put it on the 16th or 17th for triad release. Just sayin’. 

Guest AO_Beast

I think we will be surprised about how fast they come out with the results. I haven't heard anything new still hearing the week of the 26th of November. That's only about 14 days away. But if you put was said about the Fy-20 results coming out 12 days after the board adjourned. That puts our results coming out the week of the 17th November. I think with how this year has been they will try to get it out ASAP. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE. 

1 hour ago, AO_Beast said:

I think we will be surprised about how fast they come out with the results. I haven't heard anything new still hearing the week of the 26th of November. That's only about 14 days away. But if you put was said about the Fy-20 results coming out 12 days after the board adjourned. That puts our results coming out the week of the 17th November. I think with how this year has been they will try to get it out ASAP. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE. 

IDK, the 17th seems like super wishful thinking. I still support the idea of the 24th and 25th. After Thanksgiving just seems so......anti-climatic? I can see a push for before the holiday to let people get that time and celebrate a bit before coming in on Monday and digging in. My other thought is with it being a weird year, every day would count for them to do training. It says group activities are discouraged and recommend as much 1-on-1 training as possible. That is a LOT of training and I can see them pushing for every day possible to do it. Is it too late for #ChristmasChiefs to become a thing?

If all of the above said are true, then we should be expecting timeline of release to be posted later this week. I have a strong feeling that it will be released the week of Thanksgiving though. Either way, good luck to all!

33 minutes ago, DocMix said:

I bet they make us wait until after Thanksgiving so we aren't depressed with our families lol

I think it may possibly be held longer also  due to the length of season a early release would cause... but who knows. Just a guess.

Guest navyordie123

With the results coming out with in the next  week or few weeks whatever it may be. Let’s all take some time to spend with our families and loved ones because as we all know once the season gets started for those selected won’t have much time with them. I know all of our fates  have already been sealed but good luck to everyone. 

It was already put out that the season won’t start until after the Christmas holiday stand down, so I don’t think the length of the season will really matter in regards to when they finally announce results. 

The sooner the better that way we know  and with the season as stated won't officially start until after the holidays with the exception of one on one, duty days and get uniforms and charge books etc. I just would like to know if I made the cut just like everyone else though. 

Guest AO_Beast
21 hours ago, mmn1ss said:

IDK, the 17th seems like super wishful thinking. I still support the idea of the 24th and 25th. After Thanksgiving just seems so......anti-climatic? I can see a push for before the holiday to let people get that time and celebrate a bit before coming in on Monday and digging in. My other thought is with it being a weird year, every day would count for them to do training. It says group activities are discouraged and recommend as much 1-on-1 training as possible. That is a LOT of training and I can see them pushing for every day possible to do it. Is it too late for #ChristmasChiefs to become a thing?

Its does seem to be wishful thinking but I try to be as positive as I can about everything. One thing I have noticed about where I am stationed this time around that this year and the pandemic has seemed to take a lot of the excitement away from the board results even coming out. Everyone just seems so doom and gloom. You are also very right that is a lot of 1-on-1 training. But with the holiday leave periods and the end of November til the first week of January pretty much being a wash be cause of the holiday leave periods and all the time that is usually given during these times. I don't like the idea of ChristmasChiefs becoming a thing. But its all out of my control I am just waiting for them to say my name.  

Yeah, I am just waiting to see the ironic name associated with this year. I do notice a lack of caring about results like you said. As far as leave, this is a question for everyone at large: my command put out, unofficially of course, that any selectees would be "discouraged" from taking stand down leave this year. While still awaiting results this does not exactly make me jump for joy with the possibility of not being afforded holiday leave. Just curious what you all have heard/been told. Also looking for any thoughts on this policy.

Guest AO_Beast
3 minutes ago, mmn1ss said:

Yeah, I am just waiting to see the ironic name associated with this year. I do notice a lack of caring about results like you said. As far as leave, this is a question for everyone at large: my command put out, unofficially of course, that any selectees would be "discouraged" from taking stand down leave this year. While still awaiting results this does not exactly make me jump for joy with the possibility of not being afforded holiday leave. Just curious what you all have heard/been told. Also looking for any thoughts on this policy.

There has been no mention of the results or of anyone not taking leave where I am stationed. I would love to hear what my command has to say about it. But they are just silent. I asked and most Chiefs don't really say much about the upcoming season or anything. I don't really agree with not taking leave but for the acceptance part of initiation I would probably just do what is expected of me. 

Guest Helo_AO

Agreed. That’s all we can do if/when we are selected...do what’s expected of us to our full potential. With the holiday leave thing, it’s going to be interesting because I’m coming off of deployment so I’ll be on ROM while the results are resulted. Also, I opted for the holiday leave period instead of post deployment. I’d gladly cancel my holiday leave if selected. My family is more anxious and excited about results than I am so they understand.

Guest AO_Beast
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 12:29 PM, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

I don’t think normal timelines are a concern this this cycle since they are doing staggering for testing. 

maybe they will push the E-6 and below results also. 

17 hours ago, Pebz said:

It was already put out that the season won’t start until after the Christmas holiday stand down, so I don’t think the length of the season will really matter in regards to when they finally announce results. 

For your command it was put out that not till after?

19 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

With the results coming out with in the next  week or few weeks whatever it may be. Let’s all take some time to spend with our families and loved ones because as we all know once the season gets started for those selected won’t have much time with them. I know all of our fates  have already been sealed but good luck to everyone. 

This is very true because I feel like even with this “planned” break in between the season for one on one training everybody isn’t going to follow it and want or expect you to spend the time away from your family during the holidays. Good luck to you as well I know we all anxious to just know one way or the other lol. Anybody else’s command also not letting people doing lpo/first class turnovers until after results come out so they don’t have to move people again? Even though we was supposed to turn over in September 

It’s super sad to realize how true it is. The excitement just seems to be missing, if didn’t fully hit me till now how little everyone seems to care. This close to results release last year and I was asked a hundred times by a hundred different people if I thought I was going to make it. Some people have transferred but lost are the same and no ones asked, not even once. No one talks about it, no one speculating about the release date. Nothing. Oops! do I hate covid. 

Guest navyordie123
11 minutes ago, MMN said:

It’s super sad to realize how true it is. The excitement just seems to be missing, if didn’t fully hit me till now how little everyone seems to care. This close to results release last year and I was asked a hundred times by a hundred different people if I thought I was going to make it. Some people have transferred but lost are the same and no ones asked, not even once. No one talks about it, no one speculating about the release date. Nothing. Oops! do I hate covid. 

That’s crazy cause it is quite different at my command.  Everyone is getting excited and nervous for the results to come out.  I hope that when the results do come out that the season is good for those that get selected. Good luck to you. 

7 hours ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

For your command it was put out that not till after?

MCPON put the schedule out back in July. It’s posted somewhere in this forum but I’m sure also online. From the time results come out until Jan 4th it should only be one on one stuff and getting uniforms and stuff. No intensive training, no group training. Only commands exempt were those deployed or underway. I haven’t seen anything canceling that notice. 

found it so sharing again. 

454F1EBF-3591-4554-9475-3171A02858D7.png

D26F1081-CFFD-44A5-8F4C-88EE1C916CC8.png