Guest subguy10524

I wouldn’t expect quotas on a weekend. 

On the RSCA note, I have not really seen above 4.0 RSCA in the submarine fleet. It doesn’t leave room for a super performing sailor. Highest evals I have seen have been in the 4.57/4.8 range. 

Also, for us first classes the points don’t really matter. It gets you to the show and then the words in the eval mean much much more. Of course a standout 5.0 may mean something, but it isn’t for us to worry about RSCA.  It is for the YN and commanders. It is our job to do our jobs to the best of our ability and take care of our Sailors. The rest will follow. 

Worrying about RSCA and how high above is above my pay grade. Every command is different, and I have no control over what my CO seems a good RSCA and overall score. So I worry about what I can control, and that is my write up and taking care of my Sailors. 

Guest Helo_AO
5 hours ago, NAVYGUY said:

They removed the collateral duties from the convening order, so I doubt it is important to have it this year.

Didn’t remove it entirely, it’s mentioned elsewhere in the convening order. 

10 hours ago, NAVYGUY said:

They removed the collateral duties from the convening order, so I doubt it is important to have it this year.

No it isn’t gone but less highlighted. There is less detail in the convening order, leaving room for ratings to have a say of what they care about in the Enlisted career path for each rating. Mine specifically calls out command collateral with impact as well as mess involvement. But I have seen some rating ECPs that don’t mention either one of those things. 

• Like 1

Guest navyordie123

Well the second board should have adjourned yesterday. Last one should have started already or starts tomorrow. Ready to see these quotas. I wish everyone the best of luck and hopefully some good quotas this time around. This year has definitely been a crazy one.

Guest Helo_AO
34 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Well the second board should have adjourned yesterday. Last one should have started already or starts tomorrow. Ready to see these quotas. I wish everyone the best of luck and hopefully some good quotas this time around. This year has definitely been a crazy one.

Yup, the AOs’ fate is already sealed 😬 but yeah bring on the quotas. 

Guest navyordie123
14 minutes ago, Helo_AO said:

Yup, the AOs’ fate is already sealed 😬 but yeah bring on the quotas. 

good luck to you and hopefully this year will be yours. 

Guest AO_Beast
24 minutes ago, DocEddy8404 said:

Where’s these quotas at?! 

They will be out in due time. Chill out. Everybody is waiting for them. Doesn't really matter though they still have a whole other phase to go through. 

Guest Jacobvan01

I’ve always wondered about the LaDr and know someone earlier mentioned “fully qualified” means you have everything knocked out on there.  Are they looking at you having everything on the PO1 or Chief LaDr done?  Definitely seen some folks who haven’t been at sea selected who didn’t have some of the sea going quals listed.

4 minutes ago, Jacobvan01 said:

I’ve always wondered about the LaDr know someone mentioned “fully qualified” means you have everything knocked out on there.  Are they looking at you having everything on the PO1 of Chief LaDr done?  Definitely seen some folks who haven’t been at sea selected who didn’t have some of the sea going quals listed.

Yeah, I know they say use the LaDr as a guide, but some of those things listed just seem.....well not absurd but just not useful. I meet all the criteria for it, but when you start looking at the extra items at some point it just loses meaning. Honestly, and this will probably sound bad, instead of using it as a promotion tool I use it as a resume building tool and try to make a more marketable me. If the Navy likes that cool and I look forward to being selected, if not, well I'm sure my civilian career path would be more fruitful because of it!

Guest Helo_AO
18 minutes ago, mmn1ss said:

Yeah, I know they say use the LaDr as a guide, but some of those things listed just seem.....well not absurd but just not useful. I meet all the criteria for it, but when you start looking at the extra items at some point it just loses meaning. Honestly, and this will probably sound bad, instead of using it as a promotion tool I use it as a resume building tool and try to make a more marketable me. If the Navy likes that cool and I look forward to being selected, if not, well I'm sure my civilian career path would be more fruitful because of it!

Bingo! Same here, I built my LTB just like a resume. 

As far as the LaDR (ECP), I’ve definitely seen a few people pick up that had maybe one or two of the wickets matched...like mess involvement and collateral duties. It’s weird.

Guest subguy10524

Now it gets real boys. Now we wait and hope. They are advancing 59 Submarine Electricians. I hope that really helps my chances this year. 24% rate out of board eligible which doesn’t include the “must be qualified EWS” chop that happens so the actual quote % is higher.  
😳😩

Guest MILSPOUSE01

Hey everyone I have a question. It's kind of long so be patient. Lol

My husband was originally going to retire and submitted his retirement request. That was approved, but then his Senior Chief chatted with him and told him he has a heck of a chance this year and also wrote him a letter of some sort for his package. Well my husband was deployed during all of this and decided, what the heck I'll give it another shot. So he requested to cancel his retirement, which was approved. Now they (his chain of command) are telling him his package was not in to the board because he was showing invalid status or soemthing. Is this true or does he have a slight chance still since his retirement cancellation request was approved? This is his best shot this year ever and highest percentage for quotas in a few years and he is super bummed they told him he doesn't have a chance. I'm just hoping for a miracle or maybe another possibility that they are wrong. Thanks in advance for all the knowledge and best of luck to all. 

2 hours ago, MILSPOUSE01 said:

Hey everyone I have a question. It's kind of long so be patient. Lol

My husband was originally going to retire and submitted his retirement request. That was approved, but then his Senior Chief chatted with him and told him he has a heck of a chance this year and also wrote him a letter of some sort for his package. Well my husband was deployed during all of this and decided, what the heck I'll give it another shot. So he requested to cancel his retirement, which was approved. Now they (his chain of command) are telling him his package was not in to the board because he was showing invalid status or soemthing. Is this true or does he have a slight chance still since his retirement cancellation request was approved? This is his best shot this year ever and highest percentage for quotas in a few years and he is super bummed they told him he doesn't have a chance. I'm just hoping for a miracle or maybe another possibility that they are wrong. Thanks in advance for all the knowledge and best of luck to all. 

I think it would depend on what the invalid status is in regard to. I guess he will find out soon and be able to correct it. :huh:

Guest NachoMM1

Well SoAB.... I was doing real good about not getting my hopes up this year. Quotas are higher now than I've ever seen them since I was first eligible. 29% is crazy high for us. Good luck everyone.