29 minutes ago, DocEddy8404 said:

In your opinion: What is one reason you will be selected, and one reason you won’t be selected?

wont be- NJP from 2013

will be- Documented SSP 

N: Dark cloud hovering over me from a drop in ITA from 4 to 357 from 2015-2016 (carrier hull swap COC/diff Rep Senior) and no degree.

S: Documented SSP (since 2016).

54 minutes ago, DocEddy8404 said:

In your opinion: What is one reason you will be selected, and one reason you won’t be selected?

wont be- NJP from 2013

will be- Documented SSP 

NJP from 2013 will be briefed but it won't be held over your head.  The big thing is to show to the board how you over came that setback.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, YN Uno said:

N: Dark cloud hovering over me from a drop in ITA from 4 to 357 from 2015-2016 (carrier hull swap COC/diff Rep Senior) and no degree.

S: Documented SSP (since 2016).

A drop in your trait average can mean a lot of different things.  If the command explained in the eval why it dropped, then it is easier for the board to understand.   If they did not explain it in the eval, then I would address the trait average drop in your letter to the board.

• Like 2

Guest DocEddy8404
59 minutes ago, Ord3i said:

NJP from 2013 will be briefed but it won't be held over your head.  The big thing is to show to the board how you over came that setback.

Yes; however, You have to factor in the human/subjective factor. 

During the whole ESSBD being down the day the LTB was due, one of my guys was forced to email. He did not have access to a NMCI computer at this time and spent several hours trying to encrypt his personal email with the instructions provided. We finally called MNCC and he was instructed to send unencrypted if he felt comfortable. It was really the only option. Any experience on this from anyone?

Guest Just another PO1
16 hours ago, DocEddy8404 said:

wont be- NJP from 2013

will be- Documented SSP 

S- Hit almost everything in the precepts from last year (USMAPS, BPME, PPME, SJPME, MOVSM, Advance Leadership Development Course, etc.) 

N- No EP evals or breakouts but at or above RSCA

18 hours ago, DocEddy8404 said:

wont be- NJP from 2013

will be- Documented SSP 

S- SSP (Always above RSCA, #1EP, #2 EP, ect) documented since 2016, COM, MTS, CCMM, Sailor impact, command collateral impact, ahead on qualifications, CCNA and A+ cert, US MAP, ect...

Hit all recommendations on community career path sheet.

Full time college student for 2 years so far working on IT Security degree.

N- First time making board. No sailor 360. No FCPOA involvement (was dead really).

Guest DocEddy8404
3 hours ago, FCAguy said:

S- SSP (Always above RSCA, #1EP, #2 EP, ect) documented since 2016, COM, MTS, CCMM, Sailor impact, command collateral impact, ahead on qualifications, CCNA and A+ cert, US MAP, ect...

N- First time making board. No sailor 360. No FCPOA involvement (was dead really).

SOQ/SOY?

Guest subguy10524

S - Ranked EP 2 out of last 3 years (middle one MP on new boat), FCPOA secretary, Primary in section supervisor, Master Degree, PPME, JPME, SOQ once 2019. 

N - 2010-2014 straight P on first boat(transfer EP), 2013 1 of 1 MP special eval, no community involvement, not mentioning PPME, JPME, Master degree on letter to the board (all documented via EVAL, FLTMPS, SMART, and degree is in OMPF)

S- last two evals have been EPs (jumped from P to EP and SOY/SOQ), SSP, degree, ppme, bpme, FCPOA involvement (treasurer and vp), command impact, and command level collaterals 

N- eval from 3 years ago was P (me and the CO didn't see eye to eye), did not get JPME done in time for the board this year (it is done), have worked outside of my community (recruiting)

Guest FC_life
On 9/30/2020 at 8:32 AM, FCAguy said:

FCA's need higher tactical watch stations. CSC, AAWC, BMDO and as always Superior sustained performance. If you're ahead of the LaDR then you should be good. 

Guest FCAguy
2 hours ago, FC_life said:

FCA's need higher tactical watch stations. CSC, AAWC, BMDO and as always Superior sustained performance. If you're ahead of the LaDR then you should be good. 

Sounds good. Yes I am qualified CSC. I teach it on the waterfront. (PH II and PH III)

S: SSP last 4 years, hard and soft break outs on evals from last command 2 years ago. At or above RSCA. JB shore duty CDO qualified, DCTT member, Phase 1 PT lead Carrier, LPO at sea for two deployments and yard period, SJPPME and PPME completed, Command and departmental successful collateral duties, Sailors taken care of with qualifications,  Maps, SOQ, JSOQs, BJOQs, advancement, and reenlistments.

N: NJP 2015, mistakes in evaluations fixed with letters but looks like i cant keep record correct until after the fact. Little recognition ( i care little for myself on this its for the Sailors) with the work may raise questions of why.

On 10/1/2020 at 9:57 PM, CS1 said:

S: SSP last 4 years, hard and soft break outs on evals from last command 2 years ago. At or above RSCA. JB shore duty CDO qualified, DCTT member, Phase 1 PT lead Carrier, LPO at sea for two deployments and yard period, SJPPME and PPME completed, Command and departmental successful collateral duties, Sailors taken care of with qualifications,  Maps, SOQ, JSOQs, BJOQs, advancement, and reenlistments.

N: NJP 2015, mistakes in evaluations fixed with letters but looks like i cant keep record correct until after the fact. Little recognition ( i care little for myself on this its for the Sailors) with the work may raise questions of why.

had my package reviewed ...alot ...and soq/soy was one of the common comments 

Guest BOATSNUGGYD
8 hours ago, imaginethat1105 said:

Any bets on when the FTS/Reserve results will be out??

Hoping this month if not dec when everyone finds out

1 hour ago, The(SW/AW) Pusher said:

had my package reviewed ...alot ...and soq/soy was one of the common comments 

Thats one of my worries I have won SOQ but that was a couple years ago. Just been very competitive in my commands and don't push for it when the im the LPO would rather it go to another first class and I have told my Chiefs and same with all my junior guys for their awards. 

Guest Lothema
On 9/30/2020 at 12:50 AM, PO1Keys said:

During the whole ESSBD being down the day the LTB was due, one of my guys was forced to email. He did not have access to a NMCI computer at this time and spent several hours trying to encrypt his personal email with the instructions provided. We finally called MNCC and he was instructed to send unencrypted if he felt comfortable. It was really the only option. Any experience on this from anyone?

The requirement to encrypt the email is due to it containing a name and associated SSN. Whether or not the email was encrypted is not viewed or briefed to the board. Once it reaches MNCC for routing, they open the email, verify the contents are readable and then forward the attachments(your letter and enclosures) to the board reviewing queue. I had issues getting the encryption part to work as well. After a few conversations with the MNCC people they explained the process from when they receive to when the board views the items. I suppose if they really wanted to they could call in and ask the MNCC folks to find out who did/did not but to my knowledge it is not.

22 hours ago, CS1 said:

Thats one of my worries I have won SOQ but that was a couple years ago. Just been very competitive in my commands and don't push for it when the im the LPO would rather it go to another first class and I have told my Chiefs and same with all my junior guys for their awards. 

I mean that's what its all about ...as long as your have something that is measurable against your peers its kinda the same same ...like evals with peer group breakouts ...

On 9/29/2020 at 11:14 AM, DocEddy8404 said:

wont be- NJP from 2013

will be- Documented SSP 

N: First time up ...4 out of 8 evals that will be reviewed are in true traffic.

MP...Xfer EP ...NOB ...#3EP ...EP(Spec) ...Xfer EP ...P ...#1MP

S:  SSP. Spot on from previous years convening order.

• Like 1