FY21 Chief Selection Board

Guest I. D.eploy C.onstantly

Not sure why I may be S or N. I'll write what I have and don't have based on the LADR, convening order, and feedback I received from the MC's.

Have: 3rd Sea/Shore tour as a Surface IDC with documented expertise/sailorization. Quals: EXW/SW/AW/IW/FMF.; DCTT. Command CFL. FCPOA Vice President. MWR President. B.S. Degree in Healthcare Management, PPME, SJPME, SOQ, MOVSM. Sailor 360 involvement.

Don't Have: LPO tour. SOY. Breakout EP.

*Things that might help me are walk onboard P, shift to #1 MP. Always above RSCA. And IA deployment I volunteered for filling an E7 billet.

I'm crossing my fingers for everyone. Never give up and Never stop trying to do better. Rah!

1 hour ago, Helo_AO said:

Has everyone’s command already had them sit through the CPOSLC?  We just finished yesterday with our sister command.

Yes, did mine last week. 

Guest Helo_AO
2 hours ago, Ord3i said:

What was your biggest takeaway from the course?

Good question! Honestly, how to think more Chief-like if that’s a thing, lol. How to utilize the Mess and other resources. Situational awareness type ideas as well. Some things I pretty much had an idea of and heard/seen Chiefs display and act on also.

51 minutes ago, Helo_AO said:

Good question! Honestly, how to think more Chief-like if that’s a thing, lol. How to utilize the Mess and other resources. Situational awareness type ideas as well. Some things I pretty much had an idea of and heard/seen Chiefs display and act on also.

Critical thinking and approach will change depending on the situation.  I won't spoil it for you but you will get plenty of activities and situations to hone and sharpen what the course gave you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BOXKICKERUNO said:

Word on the street! It’s about to get reall fellas. 🤞🏽

08411F1D-4F6B-479B-BBA6-6BAECAE34172.jpeg

So this is first someone who heard at chow from someone that walked passed the CMCs office rumor right?😂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

So this is first someone who heard at chow from someone that walked passed the CMCs office rumor right?😂

Well, @BOXKICKERUNO doesn't doubt their source and it is a good opportunity for SELRES/FTS to check their sources too as usual on this forum. For my part I know it did not come from the chow hall but the food was great that day. :sxmas_100-138:

Guest SpeedySeabee2018

Hello Bros and Sisters,

I just remembered my log on and decided to log on and say whats up. Good Luck to everyone, hoping for a lot of “S”s this year. 

So finally read the convening order. Noticed that the collaterals paragraph is no longer there (first convening order without it on the NPC page). But like with some other things that have been pulled off the convening order lately I think this is left up to the rating and some specifics they are looking for. It’s been explained to me that the two big things at a selection board are the convening order and rating LADR where is has the considerations for advancement.

My LADR still mentions “should have command or assistant command collaterals with successful impact to the command”

what do y’all think about the change?

• Like 1

Guest DocEddy8404
1 hour ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

So finally read the convening order. Noticed that the collaterals paragraph is no longer there (first convening order without it on the NPC page). But like with some other things that have been pulled off the convening order lately I think this is left up to the rating and some specifics they are looking for. It’s been explained to me that the two big things at a selection board are the convening order and rating LADR where is has the considerations for advancement.

My LADR still mentions “should have command or assistant command collaterals with successful impact to the command”

what do y’all think about the change?

Look at the last few sentences of scope and impact of leadership on the convening order. 

Guest subguy10524

I am a big fan of getting rid of collaterals as your primary standout should be your technical in rate abilities and worth. 

There exist rates with such a workload that large collaterals don’t give you the time to actually be useful for your workcenter (CCC). So the people in those rates shouldn’t be penalized for being good at their actual job. Which has been the sometimes feel from those collateral queens. 

Just my two cents. 

3 hours ago, DocEddy8404 said:

Look at the last few sentences of scope and impact of leadership on the convening order. 

Yes I saw it. But it’s not the big standout paragraph it used to be was my point. 

Well folks, looks like "Winter is Coming!!" :) 

I wish all my Brothers and Sisters good luck on the upcoming results! Stay strong, stay ready, and don't forget, very little time to pick yourself up off the ground between results and exam. So hit the Rate specific NRTC tests in the back of the manuals just in case. "Hint hint, I've seen 40% of those questions word for word on my exams" 

Hoping everyone gets the big ol' S this year!