FY21 Chief Selection Board

6 hours ago, Nuke said:

My command informed me that “chief season is starting the day results come out” with little in the way of details

I mean... ya things will get started right away. There are still other things they want selectees to get done as soon as results come out but the official full blown season isn’t supposed to start right away unless you’re deployed. 

2 hours ago, Pebz said:

MCPON put the schedule out back in July. It’s posted somewhere in this forum but I’m sure also online. From the time results come out until Jan 4th it should only be one on one stuff and getting uniforms and stuff. No intensive training, no group training. Only commands exempt were those deployed or underway. I haven’t seen anything canceling that notice. 

found it so sharing again. 

454F1EBF-3591-4554-9475-3171A02858D7.png

D26F1081-CFFD-44A5-8F4C-88EE1C916CC8.png

It does not say season won't start until Jan 4th. It says in the paragraph for results to 20DEC20 "Initial training and PT can begin". The one on one portion is specific to the holiday period.

19 hours ago, MAUNO said:

It does not say season won't start until Jan 4th. It says in the paragraph for results to 20DEC20 "Initial training and PT can begin". The one on one portion is specific to the holiday period.

Read the next paragraph. No pt during holiday stand down. Goes on to talk about holiday leave periods and time with family. Bottom line, unless deployed or underway, true season won’t be full blown and holiday stand down should be observed; no one should be having to sacrifice leave for season stuff. I didn’t write it. Just sharing what’s put out. 

Guest subguy10524
1 hour ago, Pebz said:

Read the next paragraph. No pt during holiday stand down. Goes on to talk about holiday leave periods and time with family. Bottom line, unless deployed or underway, true season won’t be full blown and holiday stand down should be observed; no one should be having to sacrifice leave for season stuff. I didn’t write it. Just sharing what’s put out. 

I agree with you. If other commands are pushing their selectees to give up leave, that is very telling in my mind. 

If your command truly cares about you as a person and selectee they will care about your family time over the holidays and the leave you have already been promised. 

My command has already said the leave period we have set aside will still be observed regardless of advancement. 

Hey everyone, I was not trying to start a mutiny against leave policies and selection results. Happy to see the spirited discussion, unhappy to see I might be the minority of unofficial rules (if I am selected). So weird question: what does everyone actually think season would look like? Obviously there are secrets the Chiefs maintain, and I respect that privacy and will always make it a mission every season to steal that wood box. What I am wondering is with it being a weird timeframe, filled with holidays, command parties, people trying to take leave and just generally a widespread and undermanned time of the year, what will be accomplished and how? I keep re-reading the line of 1-on-1 training and really like that idea a lot, its a weird time and what we think of as the norm is not necessarily that any longer, so maybe the idea of shifting to a more personal approach in an impersonal time would be beneficial to everyone selected, the chiefs supporting that training, and if successful later generations.  

1 hour ago, mmn1ss said:

Hey everyone, I was not trying to start a mutiny against leave policies and selection results. Happy to see the spirited discussion, unhappy to see I might be the minority of unofficial rules (if I am selected). So weird question: what does everyone actually think season would look like? Obviously there are secrets the Chiefs maintain, and I respect that privacy and will always make it a mission every season to steal that wood box. What I am wondering is with it being a weird timeframe, filled with holidays, command parties, people trying to take leave and just generally a widespread and undermanned time of the year, what will be accomplished and how? I keep re-reading the line of 1-on-1 training and really like that idea a lot, its a weird time and what we think of as the norm is not necessarily that any longer, so maybe the idea of shifting to a more personal approach in an impersonal time would be beneficial to everyone selected, the chiefs supporting that training, and if successful later generations.  

I like the discussion as well, but I'm down for whatever. If we can't take leave than oh well. As long as I get the "S"💯

Guest AO_Beast
19 minutes ago, NC1 EL said:

I like the discussion as well, but I'm down for whatever. If we can't take leave than oh well. As long as I get the "S"💯

I am just ready. I will do whatever I have to do. I worked my whole career for that moment that I got that "S".  

4 hours ago, mmn1ss said:

Hey everyone, I was not trying to start a mutiny against leave policies and selection results. 

Just some good learning discussion which is appreciated. 😎

I wasn’t trying to say anyone was wrong per se, just wanted to make sure we were understanding the same info. As for leave, my command at this point has said it will most likely be shortened to cover one of the holidays without missing out on anything. I support the whole “forget leave I just want the S” and would normally be in that crowd. I am geobach now tho and with how this year has went I just really want the time with my wife and kids too. 

Guest subguy10524
2 hours ago, Jacobvan01 said:

Keeping my mind off things and looking to get some gifts for the kids... So anybody snag a PS5 today haha no luck here

I got lucky and got one from my NEX. Got in on the presale. 

Hoping for some news tomorrow about next week. If we hear nothing, pushing toward the week of Thanksgiving. 

Anyone near the routing chain of these results that can offer insight where they may be in routing? Barber of the admiral? Cousin of the MCPON

Guest navyordie123
10 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

Hoping for some news tomorrow about next week. If we hear nothing, pushing toward the week of Thanksgiving. 

Anyone near the routing chain of these results that can offer insight where they may be in routing? Barber of the admiral? Cousin of the MCPON

Nah I think it’s the cousin of the cable guy to the CNP that has the info this year. 

Guest AO_Beast
12 hours ago, subguy10524 said:

The 23rd of November Triad and the 24th November public. This is from my source that was correct the last two years. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, AO_Beast said:

The 23rd of November Triad and the 24th November public. This is from my source that was correct the last two years. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks @AO_Beast! Anyone else got some intel? :ph34r:

Guest subguy10524
2 hours ago, Tony said:

Thanks @AO_Beast! Anyone else got some intel? :ph34r:

I heard from a friend today that their chain said next week. But I don’t know if that is them preparing or official correspondence. It was a chief on a carrier, so unsure. At least rumors are floating!

9 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

I heard from a friend today that their chain said next week. But I don’t know if that is them preparing or official correspondence. It was a chief on a carrier, so unsure. At least rumors are floating!

Thanks, so that puts it in the 18 ~ 20 range. Hope we can hear more!

9 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

Now we know it’s officially results season with the rumors after a long wait this year 😂 good luck to everybody! 

• Like 1

Guest navyordie123
4 hours ago, MoeW said:

🎰🤞hoping for Monday Nov 16th!

That would be nice but haven’t heard any official notice on when the results will be out yet. So I’m guessing now late next week or the 23rd.