FY20 Chief Selection Board

4 minutes ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

Oh ok, I thought just the membership wasn’t getting published until after. Not the convening order all together. Oh well guess we have to wait.

It is a little weird, because in past years, the convening order and quotas was a separate upload from the membership. And the announcement on NPC only specifically states that the membership will be withheld.  But the FTS/SELRES convening order isn't posted either.  But it is not like the convening order REALLY matters for anyone but board members right now.  Who knows.  let the 5 week wait begin.

Guest YN Uno

My plan B already pending just in case. Back to Sea 1306 going directly to the CAPT same day if needed...this 1of1 billet stressing me out, so I’ve convinced myself that I’m terminating shore early either by Anchors or 1306. Back to the carrier...Anywhere!

Guest PO14Life

What are the chances of a CMC reaching out to a Sailors next Command if they had issues right before they left? If they get to keep their recommendation for advancement and pick up this cycle wouldn’t that sway how their season goes?

Guest wvahillbilly

Here is hopping 4th time is the charm...  hit 18 years this year and need to figure out what direction i should focus on...

Guest navyordie123
1 hour ago, wvahillbilly said:

Here is hopping 4th time is the charm...  hit 18 years this year and need to figure out what direction i should focus on...

I’m in the same boat, I hit 18 on Sept 17th. I hope this is the year for you. Good luck. 

Guest st17iwc_ccc
16 hours ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

Oh ok, I thought just the membership wasn’t getting published until after. Not the convening order all together. Oh well guess we have to wait.

im not 100% on that, i know membership for sure... it was pure speculation on the convening order

Guest AG1 Clark

Yet, there has been nothing since May 20th regarding SELRES, seems odd to me considering the AC quotas were released on Monday and the convening order was post a few days later. What gives?

Guest PO Theo
56 minutes ago, AG1 Clark said:

Yet, there has been nothing since May 20th regarding SELRES, seems odd to me considering the AC quotas were released on Monday and the convening order was post a few days later. What gives?

It's the Navy. It's not supposed to make sense.

Has the betting already started for post count before results drop for Active Duty?  Hopefully the FTS/SELRES don't have to wait to much longer.

Guest st17iwc_ccc
40 minutes ago, AME1 said:

Has the betting already started for post count before results drop for Active Duty?  Hopefully the FTS/SELRES don't have to wait to much longer.

nope not yet, and yeah i agree reserve side should be next week based on historical dates... i hope, im sure monday the rumor mill will start up in full force 

Guest Doc (FMF) E

I have a RSCA question. I have been 1 of 1 for 3 years straight because I was on independent duty with the Marines. I’m not an IDC but as FTS we have to go to Marine I-I duty billets as a staff member at Reserve level company billets. I was twice at the RSCA at (one a 4.0 EP and one a 4.14 EP) since the Marine O’s hadn’t established one yet (2 different reporting seniors in back to back years) one was an O-5 and one an O-3 🤦🏻‍♂️, then I got a 1 of 1 EP a 4.43 with a new reporting Senior but because his RSCA is so inflated for HM evals I was BELOW his RSCA of 4.5. My last eval with the same LtCol was a 4.71 with a 4.5 RSCA. Last year I transferred and got the “new guy P.” I was ranked #3 of 3 sailors (small summary groups are common for FTS HM’s at I-I duty and NOSC billets) with a 4.0 trait avg with a CO that has recently established his RSCA and his RSCA is a 4.14. Even though I have 4 EP’s and a P in my last 5 years worth of evals, I’m wondering if these RSCA “issues” and small summary groups were detractors on the board. Besides this I’ve hit all the wickets and have (in my opinion) very good SSP. Thoughts?

Guest Submarinecook1stclass
2 hours ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

I heard from a very reliable source (he twirls the sign at an intersection in Millington) that SELRES/FTS results will be out in July.

Solid!!

Guest PO Theo
14 hours ago, Doc (FMF) E said:

I have a RSCA question. I have been 1 of 1 for 3 years straight because I was on independent duty with the Marines. I’m not an IDC but as FTS we have to go to Marine I-I duty billets as a staff member at Reserve level company billets. I was twice at the RSCA at (one a 4.0 EP and one a 4.14 EP) since the Marine O’s hadn’t established one yet (2 different reporting seniors in back to back years) one was an O-5 and one an O-3 🤦🏻‍♂️, then I got a 1 of 1 EP a 4.43 with a new reporting Senior but because his RSCA is so inflated for HM evals I was BELOW his RSCA of 4.5. My last eval with the same LtCol was a 4.71 with a 4.5 RSCA. Last year I transferred and got the “new guy P.” I was ranked #3 of 3 sailors (small summary groups are common for FTS HM’s at I-I duty and NOSC billets) with a 4.0 trait avg with a CO that has recently established his RSCA and his RSCA is a 4.14. Even though I have 4 EP’s and a P in my last 5 years worth of evals, I’m wondering if these RSCA “issues” and small summary groups were detractors on the board. Besides this I’ve hit all the wickets and have (in my opinion) very good SSP. Thoughts?

I wouldn't stress this too much. I think you're looking into it a little too deeply. The key thing here is that you had EPs... even though you're 1/1, your command didn't have to give you an EP. In that regard, you're maintaining superior performance (in my opinion). The board is supposed to recognize that not every community or every member has the same career pathway and is not supposed to hold small summary groups against the member. 

I'm just ready for results to come out, so I will know if I need to start applying for jobs and going to TAPS or not..  Given my track record with the board, and the quota's going down I'm not holding my breath.  However I did make it to the board, and the sun does shine on a pigs behind now and again. 

Guest navyordie123
57 minutes ago, AME1 said:

I'm just ready for results to come out, so I will know if I need to start applying for jobs and going to TAPS or not..  Given my track record with the board, and the quota's going down I'm not holding my breath.  However I did make it to the board, and the sun does shine on a pigs behind now and again. 

I have faith in you bro and I hope the best for you. You have been on here for awhile and have shared a lot of knowledge with the masses and if the stars don’t align for you just realize that you have left a lasting legacy on here and have helped out a lot of people.  Thank you. I think that you will be GTG. 

2 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

I have faith in you bro and I hope the best for you. You have been on here for awhile and have shared a lot of knowledge with the masses and if the stars don’t align for you just realize that you have left a lasting legacy on here and have helped out a lot of people.  Thank you. I think that you will be GTG. 

If I don't make it I have no regrets about the 22 years of Naval service I will have accumulated next year, and if I do that just means I get a couple extra years of playing Navy.  I have enjoyed helping people out, and even starting some conversations on here.  Best of luck to you this year, and hope it's your year.