FY20 Chief Selection Board

1 hour ago, st17iwc_ccc said:

tough to say... i had some of the same issues... however i did find gaps in evals which i had to fix, but i get it. Sometimes our records dont reflect the same way our peers and superiors see us. And thats the main thing. Make sure your evals and records reflect your work. Sometimes a simple squeeky clean sailor with less than the hard charges look better on paper. Thats it.. 

As far as LADR's they dont use them that im aware of, they go off precepts. I could be wrong but ive never heard of a LADR being used for scoring on the boards. Someone else may have more info. 

They do use LADRs or Enlisted Career Paths. This is a slide directly from the brief about the new board process

F3A5C797-D9E2-4FAF-8F2C-646CA68DA8A9.jpeg

• Like 1

Guest LS1(AW/SW/IW)

Time and time all the dialogue is I got this, I am a part of this. Said on previous posts and by a Mc in my rate, if you have it your Sailors better have it as well or close to getting it. You won SOY, did any of your Sailors win or get JSOQ? You got your degree, how many of your Sailors attained theirs or working on it. You completed the required PPMEs, does your Sailors even know what PPME is. ETC. What revamping have you done. What did your efforts accomplish for the command. A CPO also told me look at it from this stand point. If you want a Ep it is what you do for the command, if you want to be selected it is what contribution your efforts does for the Navy. Let that sink in and good luck to all

Guest AME1-to-AM1

Just signed up for an account. Been lurking for a while. A little intro:  newly cross rated FTS AM1 (from AME1). 15 years in next month. First time SBE as an AM. Thanks to all that contribute to this thread. I can't imagine how many lurkers like myself have benefited from the questions and answers posted on here. Good luck to all eligible.

Hearing word through the grapevine to expect results on July 2nd. We'll see how that plays out. Same rumors as every other year!

Guest Doc (FMF) E
7 hours ago, AME1-to-AM1 said:

Just signed up for an account. Been lurking for a while. A little intro:  newly cross rated FTS AM1 (from AME1). 15 years in next month. First time SBE as an AM. Thanks to all that contribute to this thread. I can't imagine how many lurkers like myself have benefited from the questions and answers posted on here. Good luck to all eligible.

Hearing word through the grapevine to expect results on July 2nd. We'll see how that plays out. Same rumors as every other year!

Good luck AM1! I hope you’re right about the July 2nd but I’m guessing 10th Triad and 11th public release. 

Guest st17iwc_ccc
On 6/29/2019 at 5:47 AM, AME1-to-AM1 said:

sweet! congrats and welcome, also awesome to hear there is now a first speculated date for results LOL

Guest Doc (FMF) E

One of my HMC’s at RTC GL just told me results are coming out this week for FTS/SELRES. So there’s another rumor that is saying the same thing. We shall see. 

Hopefully this coming week will hold true for FTS/SELRES results and y’all can go into the long weekend at least knowing and not still wondering.  Good luck to all

On 6/28/2019 at 1:52 PM, Deepseashawn said:

I did print off my psr and compare numbers and I am well above those as well, I dont have it in front of me or I would share those numbers with you guys. I hope this is my year but we will see, I've checked every box and then some, went through precepts, career path for my rate, record and I'm still worried but trying to not stress about it because that does nothing for you.

Hey Deep Sea, 

If you’re who I think you are, all you can (or rather should) do now is get your PSET quals finally. Still not Red/Green yet? If you’re still worried, we can keep you busy.

Jokes aside... Best of luck! 

2 hours ago, KDSA said:

Hey Deep Sea, 

If you’re who I think you are, all you can (or rather should) do now is get your PSET quals finally. Still not Red/Green yet? If you’re still worried, we can keep you busy.

Jokes aside... Best of luck! 

Air sup and MTS trump the <I am a very important person> out of red/green JQR's haven't helped anyone make chief in the last.... forever. 

Guest KDSA
34 minutes ago, PSETAF said:

Air sup and MTS trump the S@!t out of red/green JQR's haven't helped anyone make chief in the last.... forever. 

Agree 100%... but they help fill up the watchbill and keep the AGE machine moving. Selfish quals are nice but sometimes ya gotta pull your weight and help out. 

Without our JQRs and helping out you’ll get P Evals here anyway. 

Just messing around of course. I’ll see you tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, KDSA said:

Agree 100%... but they help fill up the watchbill and keep the AGE machine moving. Selfish quals are nice but sometimes ya gotta pull your weight and help out. 

Without our JQRs and helping out you’ll get P Evals here anyway. 

Im going to help everyone else on this forum that are here to discuss the prospect of making chief. This is not the place to go down the rabbit hole.

Guest st17iwc_ccc
1 hour ago, Foley04 said:

I’m hearing results to the triad tomorrow  For FTS in reserves. Good luck everyone!

thats two for this week now, wondering if that means its true.. lol

Guest AME1
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, st17iwc_ccc said:

absolutely... i look after my fellow first just as my junior sailors. being a 12 year 1st class, with almost 20 years in, most of my fellow first look to me like a chief, but i take care of everyone the same. 

As a 12 year 1st with over 20 years in, I hear ya.  Sometimes I feel that some of the Chiefs look at me like I'm a Chief.  Probably because I've been in longer than all the Chiefs in my command.  At one point I had been in longer than a couple of the Senior Chiefs we had.  I'm officially at 365 days, pending results obviously.

Guest st17iwc_ccc
Just now, AME1 said:

As a 12 year 1st with over 20 years in, I hear ya.  Sometimes I feel that some of the Chiefs look at me like I'm a Chief.  Probably because I've been in longer than all the Chiefs in my command.  At one point I had been in longer than a couple of the Senior Chiefs we had.  I'm officially at 365 days, pending results obviously.

sounds like you and I are in the exact same boat! for the both of us i hope good news comes soon

Guest navyordie123

Good luck and best wishes to all my SELRES/FTS brothers and sisters on the results tomorrow. I hope that there is a lot of good news tomorrow! 

Guest Doc (FMF) E

The calm before the storm. I’m at peace right now. Starting at 10:45 EST I might be feeling a different feeling. 🤣