FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest Submarinecook1stclass
1 hour ago, PO1Oz said:

30 July Triad release.

Based on shtuff I've heard locally about some e-mail with the season schedule.

Curious about the email and who sent it

Guest PO1Oz
1 minute ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

Curious about the email and who sent it

Wish I could tell you. I did not see the e-mail myself, was just told about it. So if triad gets it on the 30th, show begins on the 31st. I was going with the 1st of August, but who knows. Time will tell. Either way, about 3 weeks away.

16 minutes ago, Ord3i said:

This is the most nerve racking time of the year.  Three weeks until we either get to participate and grow, or get back to grinding it out.

Indeed, The most important thing I think is to not let it get in your head selected or not. keep training and taking care of sailors.  Our times will come.

• Like 1

Guest DeepSeaDiver
16 minutes ago, Tony said:

Here's the poll folks! :graphics-3d-smileys-986177:

I think you were the first to pick Aug 5. Got some intel? 😀

Just a guess from myself and my khakis. It would be day one of the six week season if the pinning is on September 13th.

Guest DeepSeaDiver
8 minutes ago, Ord3i said:

August 5th would make for a compressed timeline but it is totally within the realm of possibility.

It would be about as compressed as last year was. That's the only thing I'm going off of.

Guest PO1Oz
7 minutes ago, Ord3i said:

Has anyone been able to confirm if the board has actually adjourned?

My CMC ain't back yet, soooo who knows lol. Btw, I'm just speculating here. He happened to take leave before the board started, so that's the going theme around firsts. He might just be fishing somewhere lol

Guest Skipari
5 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

The rumors Are one of the greatest things on this forum the last few weeks before results!  

Rumors, coffee, tobacco -- powering the US Navy since 1775.

Guest navyordie123

Well if the rumors about the board being adjourned are true then our fates have already been sealed and now we wait. As my mentor told me a couple days ago, Relax, there is nothing we can do about it now but wait and see where we go from here. Live your life full speed ahead. 

Guest subguy10524

Everyone will hear dates local their command. Every chief quarters has to have a plan for the season. Every command also knows the results will be out around the first week of August. There is no secret message traffic or anything of that nature for the local commands. 

There are of course rumors from those involved in the process of the board and the vetting process for the results. 

Guest PO Theo
39 minutes ago, Tony said:

That is absolutely not true. The Navy advancement selection process is totally detached from local commands.

I think he's saying that commands can EXPECT the results around that time frame because it's six weeks prior to when they KNOW the pinning will be. 

Guest SpeedySeabee2018

Hello all. Just a response to the rumor that the board has adjourned early.  I don’t think the board has adjourned yet. My reason for saying this is due to the experience from a previous cycle In the past. The board adjourned early and when I checked BOL that year, under continuity report the “Board in progress” notification was gone from the bottom left of the screen. I checked my continuity report last night and it is still there. (Not saying this is how you know for sure, but its just a thought). Best of luck everyone!!

Guest Rmss00
2 hours ago, SpeedySeabee2018 said:

Hello all. Just a response to the rumor that the board has adjourned early.  I don’t think the board has adjourned yet. My reason for saying this is due to the experience from a previous cycle In the past. The board adjourned early and when I checked BOL that year, under continuity report the “Board in progress” notification was gone from the bottom left of the screen. I checked my continuity report last night and it is still there. (Not saying this is how you know for sure, but its just a thought). Best of luck everyone!!

Where in BOL is this, exactly?

Guest Rmss00
5 hours ago, SpeedySeabee2018 said:

Mine says no selection boards to display. Am I looking in the right place? Lol