FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest SpeedySeabee2018

Yes you are. If you are looking under CCA on BOL. I will check mines again later today to see if its still there. 

Guest SpeedySeabee2018

Morning Ladies and Gents!

Let the rumors begin. I think the selection board is done as of yesterday. I heard from a source last night. Looks like a week early. Our fates have been decided. Let the rumor mill take off...excited for the forum. I also checked the CCA on BOL this morning and the selection board in progress notification is now gone away. Good Luck Everyone.  Lets get this Forum hot and to 100+ pages.

33 minutes ago, SpeedySeabee2018 said:

Let the rumors begin. I think the selection board is done as of yesterday. I heard from a source last night. Looks like a week early. Our fates have been decided. Let the rumor mill take off...excited for the forum. I also checked the CCA on BOL this morning and the selection board in progress notification is now gone away. Good Luck Everyone.  Lets get this Forum hot and to 100+ pages.

At this rate I just want to match last year of 95 pages

Guest SpeedySeabee2018

Agreed. Anything is better than just a few pages. I know we have people lurking....but they aren’t signing up right now. Hopefully it picks up. Now that the board is done. Hopefully they post the  membership on Monday.

Guest Submarinecook1stclass
9 minutes ago, SpeedySeabee2018 said:

Agreed. Anything is better than just a few pages. I know we have people lurking....but they aren’t signing up right now. Hopefully it picks up. Now that the board is done. Hopefully they post the  membership on Monday.

I don’t think membership will come out till results now

Guest Rmss00
8 hours ago, SpeedySeabee2018 said:

Yes you are. If you are looking under CCA on BOL. I will check mines again later today to see if its still there. 

I clicked on CCA/eval fitrep  and then on continuity report and that is where it shows on the left side that there are no selection boards to display.

Guest Rmss00
1 hour ago, SpeedySeabee2018 said:

Well, let fun begin lol.

2 hours ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

I don’t think membership will come out till results now

That is how it was last year, and in my opinion how it should be. Of course everyone would say they wouldn't bombard the members with questions if they made it or not, but I do believe at least some would which would be quite annoying.

Guest GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker

New guy to the forum, so I know the board are looking over our whole career now, so my scenario here is I have 4 E5 evals ( frocked mp above RSCA, transfer EP above RSCA,  then new guy P below RSCA,  then back up MP above RSCA, last eval before making E6,

I have only 3 E6 evals ( new E6 P out of 180 below RSCA, then transfer 4 months later with EP below RSCA , then new guy EP of 65 at new command in 7 months and way above RSCA,  so my question is how would the board even gage that with short amount of time in each evaluation period , in a year and a half I've received 3 E6 evals with the most recent being that EP that allowed me to take the chief exam early.

Guest subguy10524
1 hour ago, GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker said:

New guy to the forum, so I know the board are looking over our whole career now, so my scenario here is I have 4 E5 evals ( frocked mp above RSCA, transfer EP above RSCA,  then new guy P below RSCA,  then back up MP above RSCA, last eval before making E6,

I have only 3 E6 evals ( new E6 P out of 180 below RSCA, then transfer 4 months later with EP below RSCA , then new guy EP of 65 at new command in 7 months and way above RSCA,  so my question is how would the board even gage that with short amount of time in each evaluation period , in a year and a half I've received 3 E6 evals with the most recent being that EP that allowed me to take the chief exam early.

You are probably worrying over nothing. Everywhere i have ever seen or talked to has told me that the “sawtooth” of evaluations is expected. Check in as a p, maybe an mp, and it isn’t a bad thing. You haven’t yet made your mark. Progression, a great write up showing impact, and the sustained superior performance are what matter. Many people I know made chief on P or MP evaluations. 

Focus on being a great first class and making an impact on your Sailors. You will be successful in advancement. 

2 hours ago, AT1 said:

That is how it was last year, and in my opinion how it should be. Of course everyone would say they wouldn't bombard the members with questions if they made it or not, but I do believe at least some would which would be quite annoying.

Yeah if someone from your command has gone, obviously you would notice a master chief or senior chief gone for the period. No one from my command went this year

Guest Doc Danny

Hello everyone. I’ve been a lurker since last year around this time. Lots of great info. Trying not to drive myself crazy lol. No matter what I’m going to stay on the grind and continue to take care of my Sailors. Good luck to you all and continue to pay it forward. 

Guest MILSPOUSE01

So I'm a 'lurker' and a 'few and far between poster'. 🤷‍♀️😂 

I just want to say best of luck to all of you. 👍 I know how bad some of you want it and I'm sure deserve it because my husband is one of them as well. He has 18 years in and I'm hoping this is his year. His rate, AS, is difficult as some of you know. 🙄 Either way, I'm proud of him and his career. I look forward to reading and hearing the rumors this time of year and hope for the best for all of you. 😁

11 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

Here is to another week of waiting. Finding things to keep our minds occupied. Hope you all had a good weekend 

Sometimes works helps to keep my mind off of things. But the guys I work with, we mess with each other all day. So it’s impossible to forget completely

Guest navyordie123

So here is a question for everyone that usually gets asked around this time of year. If lucky to be selected, who would be the top 3 people that you would call?  mine would be my Wife, my Dad and my mentor. 

There are easily 15 people that I would have to call to thank them.  Aside from one command, I have had amazing mentors and a great Chiefs mess in all of my commands.  They really take the time to give you stick and rudder along with a lot of healthy advice.

18 minutes ago, EOTW said:

We were talking about this earlier and was wondering if anyone out there has ever seen someone with a 5.0 eval and if not what's the highest you've seen.

Two guys from my command, he sailor of the year number 1 EP out of 51 and a guy who transferred he was number 2 in regulars but when he transferred, the captain change his 4.86 to a 5.0 and changed his NAM to a COM. Pretty cool for that. 

Guest PO Theo
2 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

So here is a question for everyone that usually gets asked around this time of year. If lucky to be selected, who would be the top 3 people that you would call?  mine would be my Wife, my Dad and my mentor. 

1. My wife

2. My sister

3. My father-in-law

3 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

1. My Wife

2. My Parents

3. My Sister