FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest subguy10524

I know the feeling. I personally don’t dwell on what I sent. I am already trying to figure out what I can do better for next year. Just assuming i won’t make it and working for the next cycle. Trying to get better each day. 

Also studying for a SOQ board this week. Trying to browse current events and newer navadmins.  

And of course passing the time until the first week of August. 

Guest SpeedySeabee2018

Hello all. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Its really quiet in the forum. So does anyone think the board will finish up early this year like in the past? I know its scheduled to adjourn July 20th. but..just wondering. Also wondering why the Reserve board hasn't released its convening order or membership on NPC yet?

Guest navyordie123
51 minutes ago, SpeedySeabee2018 said:

Hello all. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Its really quiet in the forum. So does anyone think the board will finish up early this year like in the past? I know its scheduled to adjourn July 20th. but..just wondering. Also wondering why the Reserve board hasn't released its convening order or membership on NPC yet?

All depends on if the AC board gets done what they need to get done sooner. I hope so but they will probably not release the results any earlier, personally if they adjourn on time then I will be happy. The reserve board convening order will probably be released this week maybe. 

2 hours ago, SpeedySeabee2018 said:

I do find it a little weird that the convening order hasn’t been posted yet, especially since AC posted like normal. As far as the AC board, they finished early last year and we all knew it, but results didn’t come out any earlier. The only good thing about them finishing early is the entertainment of rumors that fly in here about release. 

I am slightly annoyed with my LTB. I sent some documents (3x letter in lieu of missing evals and 1 missing eval) to NPC in April and they never showed in OMPF so I sent them with LTB. The week after LTB deadline they all showed up.   

Guest Submarinecook1stclass
1 hour ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

I do find it a little weird that the convening order hasn’t been posted yet, especially since AC posted like normal. As far as the AC board, they finished early last year and we all knew it, but results didn’t come out any earlier. The only good thing about them finishing early is the entertainment of rumors that fly in here about release. 

I am slightly annoyed with my LTB. I sent some documents (3x letter in lieu of missing evals and 1 missing eval) to NPC in April and they never showed in OMPF so I sent them with LTB. The week after LTB deadline they all showed up.   

I had something similar after sending a letter to fix my PSR, it’s fixed now but I did have it in my LTB that I was corresponding with PERS to fix it. I asked my warrant officer if it would affect anything. He said no, if anything it shows that you actually put the effort in to get things done and fix your record.

38 minutes ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

I had something similar after sending a letter to fix my PSR, it’s fixed now but I did have it in my LTB that I was corresponding with PERS to fix it. I asked my warrant officer if it would affect anything. He said no, if anything it shows that you actually put the effort in to get things done and fix your record.

That’s pretty much all I’m going for. (Might have posted this before) My mentor and I talked before about how everything (SOQ,eval, etc) is a score sheet but the board is a confidence vote, and how do you affect that?  I’m hoping this just shows I know how to correct problems with my record and therefore will be able to help to correct my Sailors records if needed. Hoping it gains more “confidence “

Guest SpeedySeabee2018

Yeah. I had a similar thing happen one year. I sent items to admin to be added to my OMPF. I also sent those items in my LTB. My records updated like 3 days prior to the board convening. I heard it it shouldnt be a problem.

Guest SubGuy83
On 7/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, Submarinecook1stclass said:

Submarinecook1stclass, I just sent you a PM asking a question about how you fixed your PSR

Guest Submarinecook1stclass
44 minutes ago, SubGuy83 said:

Submarinecook1stclass, I just sent you a PM asking a question about how you fixed your PSR

Let me know if you didn’t get the response. I’ll post it here 

3 hours ago, PSETAF said:

I think this question has been asked but how do you think the board views SOY, dont even say it's a golden ticket because I've seen guys not make it with SOY.

I believe it all comes down to how the evaluation for that SOY is written. Is that person Sailor of the Year because of the 10 collaterals he filled and 500 volunteer hours? Is he SOY because of who he trained, his technical expertise, and sailorizarion? Or both? At the end of the day I know SOY will get you something on the board, but what most matters is have you had sustained superior performance in every area of your LADR and more. Sometimes SOY Sailor is great at one command and not others. Many variables go into this. In all honesty, I've seen Sailors not get picked up who had SOY, but many get picked up without it. Hope this helps

Guest YN Uno

Good Afternoon everyone! It was mentioned to me from a senior chief that the board is done, but i can neither confirm or deny obviously so...has anyone else caught wind of this? Nevertheless, good luck to all! 

I remember from previous years on this forum that some very determined Sailors would post the release dates from the previous years so that everyone could try to find the trend and "predict" when this years results would be released.  I am thinking the results will be out August 1st.  There has only been a few times when they released the results in July.

1 hour ago, LS1(EXW/SW/AW) said:

Highly doubt that expedites the release of the results, true or false.

None of the information expedites the release. It simply lets us know if something is going on and it lets others check around, regardless if it is scuttlebutt or not...

23 minutes ago, Ord3i said:

I remember from previous years on this forum that some very determined Sailors would post the release dates from the previous years so that everyone could try to find the trend and "predict" when this years results would be released.  I am thinking the results will be out August 1st.  There has only been a few times when they released the results in July.

I'll take August 1st this year since ill be at the convention in reno and then I wont be at work when the results come out haha.

• Like 1

Guest LS1(AW/SW/IW)
1 hour ago, EOTW said:

I'd be happy with end of July.

I’ll take just making rank it doesn’t matter when the results are released. Lol 

Guest navyordie123

Since the rumor mill is about to get kicked up into full gear, I think it’s about time to start the voting for release dates.