FY20 Chief Selection Board

4 hours ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

Sometimes works helps to keep my mind off of things. But the guys I work with, we mess with each other all day. So it’s impossible to forget completely

See I'm the opposite I think being at work makes it harder to get off my mind because that's all everybody keeps talking about the closer we get to the season starting lol. I think like a lot of us in here I am definitely ready to know either way, selected or not just to get it out of the way.

3 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

So here is a question for everyone that usually gets asked around this time of year. If lucky to be selected, who would be the top 3 people that you would call?  mine would be my Wife, my Dad and my mentor. 

Wife And prob 4 REAL mentors that affected my career. 

Guest navyordie123

there are definitely a lot of guests on here, come on and sign up so we can get more discussions going on.  its really light this year.  this forum definitely helps the time pass by a little bit better. so to answer the question asked earlier,  I try not to think about it at home cause I don't want to drive anyone crazy talking about it plus that's my family time but no matter what it always runs through my head at some point but not nearly as much as it does at work. 

4 hours ago, EOTW said:

We were talking about this earlier and was wondering if anyone out there has ever seen someone with a 5.0 eval and if not what's the highest you've seen.

I have personally never seen a 5.0 but have heard from one of my chiefs about one. It was an FCPO that worked for an admiral, but also heard the RSCA for that person was something like 4.7 or something high like that

11 minutes ago, EOTW said:

That's a great trait average, I just wonder how heavily it weighs on a board. Obviously the rsca comes into play but with a 4.86 your usually way above the rsca. I just think that if your performing at that high a level how can a board not think "this is the guy". 

For instance if your #1 of 55 you've followed the LADR for your rate etc, etc. Who out there is doing better than that person enough to justify him not being advanced, given your rate has good advancement numbers.

This was before RSCA.  I got that eval in 2012.  the summary group average was 3.91.

I can say that having a few CMC's who have sat the board in recent years go through my package, they said it does factor in both for points earned and for the confidence vote in front of the panel.  they take a look at the full picture though.  No one eval is going to make it happen.  You have to be hitting the metrics in your LADR, contributing to the command, growing your junior Sailors to succeed.  They also highlighted that FCPOA and Sailor 360 involvement being documented on every eval is always looked for.

24 minutes ago, EOTW said:

But in that instance was it deserved, or was it so that person didnt fall below the RSCA. 4.7 is rediculous for a RSCA.

I agree. I have been told by senior officers that they hate what the eval and RSCA system has become because some officers take have a lower RSCA as a factor of how they are as officers, but once you make admiral, who cares. So I personally wouldn’t put much credit into that situation. 

Guest Romeo Sierra One
On 7/13/2019 at 8:48 AM, SpeedySeabee2018 said:

Morning Ladies and Gents!

Let the rumors begin. I think the selection board is done as of yesterday. I heard from a source last night. Looks like a week early. Our fates have been decided. Let the rumor mill take off...excited for the forum. I also checked the CCA on BOL this morning and the selection board in progress notification is now gone away. Good Luck Everyone.  Lets get this Forum hot and to 100+ pages.

I checked mine today and it reads "TEST BOARD" with 190716 as convene date. Anyone else have this? 

4 minutes ago, Sierra Hotel One said:

I checked mine today and it reads "TEST BOARD" with 190716 as convene date. Anyone else have this? 

Checked mine this morning and it said No Board Information to Display. It had the board information last week. Never heard of a test board before. 

Guest Romeo Sierra One
9 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

Checked mine this morning and it said No Board Information to Display. It had the board information last week. Never heard of a test board before. 

I never heard of it either, thought it was kind of odd. Maybe it's just a glitch in the system.

Guest Doc Danny
1 hour ago, Ord3i said:

I also asked every Chief that walked past my office,  they all said the same thing.  " I have no idea what that means, I have never seen that"  "TEST BOARD" with a convene date of tomorrow is the big mystery of the day. 

Could it be the legal side of the process? The rumor is that the board adjourned last week. 

54 minutes ago, Doc Danny said:

Could it be the legal side of the process? The rumor is that the board adjourned last week. 

Mine didn’t show that at all last year. And the legal portion would only be done for the potential selects and I DOUBT they’d give it away that easy. Prob someone saw us talking about the board being done on the forum and now they are playing with our emotions😂

1 hour ago, Doc Danny said:

Could be the legal side or part of the post-board scrub.  It is odd for sure.  I have looked at that page before after the board adjourned and it was always just blank.