FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest osiris0107

Not going to display the email here, but I have official correspondence that states the board adjourned last Friday and that it usually take 10 business days from adjourning to be at the triad.

1 minute ago, osiris0107 said:

Not going to display the email here, but I have official correspondence that states the board adjourned last Friday and that it usually take 10 business days from adjourning to be at the triad.

THE PLOT THICKENS

Guest PO Theo
1 hour ago, osiris0107 said:

For future reference... anyone with reasonably trustworthy information that they don't want to post publicly can give it to Tony. He does a good job of screening it for legitimacy and then posting it to the board. It's not much, but it gives a lot of us some hope!

Guest navyordie123

Also the selectee total is 4598. So, good luck to those seeking one of those spots.

where did you get that total from?

Guest MILSPOUSE01

Thanks for the info!

In past years, once the board adjourned how long before results were at triad? I've tried to find this out and having no luck. 

Guest navyordie123
Just now, MILSPOUSE01 said:

Thanks for the info!

In past years, once the board adjourned how long before results were at triad? I've tried to find this out and having no luck. 

it all depends, sometimes everything goes smooth and they get them out faster and sometimes they don't. even if the board adjourned early. with the 6 week window for the season, it would probably still put the results being released around the end of July or the first few days of August. 

20 hours ago, Sierra Hotel One said:

I think it's no longer mandatory to conduct a CBD for non selects but when I did mine the CCC and my senior chief said that it really helps on your eval when BLK 39 LEADERSHIP is 5.0. My next two evals I made sure I got 5.0 in that catagory. 

I was out there for a 9 month tour and I'd have to say it was the best deployment I've been on. I counted 31 IDF attacks while I was there and I can still hear those FOB alarms going off! Thankfully nobody from my group was KIA but we did have one artillary shell go through the T-wall and almost hit one of our towers. 

I didn't count the IDF's.  However I do know it was twice on Christmas, as that was my "maintenance" day.  Didn't have any shells hit near our little FOB, they always went for the airfield and not the prison.  Was also a 9 month in country tour.  Wasn't bad, but Iraq was a little better for me.

1 hour ago, Ord3i said:

that number is quite a few shy of the 4,744 quotas

They must not have felt they had enough qualified candidates to fill all of the quotas.

Guest Submarinecook1stclass

talking about the score process earlier,

what ive been told by a master chief who sat a couple boards, is that one what is worth points changes each board, some things are worth more one year and others another. how ever he also said that everything about you is worth points, and he followed up with every board is different because no board has the same people on it, which means they have different point of views of how they look at records. so some one who sat a board a year ago can give advise on how there board was, but it may not be exactly the same as the one this year.

Good luck everyone. heating up with what looks like the board adjourned.

18 hours ago, jake_IT1 said:

Alright guys, I've lurked enough. 

After looking through the last few years of the scheduled adjourn date, and the NAVADMIN release date (because there isn't really anything else that can be done until the results come out) the average time is 2 weeks. 

15JUL16-3AUG16: 2 1/2 Weeks
21JUL17-4AUG17: 2 Weeks
20JUL18-8AUG18: 2 1/2 Weeks

If they follow the trend, we'll have the results either the 1st of August, or the 6th.

The board adjourned a week before the 20jul18 scheduled date last year so it was over 3 weeks before results were released

Guest jake_IT1
52 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

The board adjourned a week before the 20jul18 scheduled date last year so it was over 3 weeks before results were released

True, but I was writing that out as spelled out in the navadmin.

27 minutes ago, LS1(EXW/SW/AW) said:

Delete if not allowed...  I'd like to start a discussion topic.  Which rates do you all think did not select to quota?  Have you all noticed a pattern in this specific incident?

I haven't payed close attention to it, but I think for the most part they fill all available quotas.  I think it's honestly hard to pick which rate didn't fill all quotas.  For instance the AME rate is making 12 Chiefs out of I think I saw 86 board eligible firsts.  Other rates have hundreds of candidates to choose from.  It also depends on the board, and if they feel they do or don't have enough qualified candidates to fill the quotas.  To many variables to consider, but that's just my opinion on that topic.  Good question though, and might spark some good conversation.

4 minutes ago, AME1 said:

I haven't payed close attention to it, but I think for the most part they fill all available quotas.  I think it's honestly hard to pick which rate didn't fill all quotas.  For instance the AME rate is making 12 Chiefs out of I think I saw 86 board eligible firsts.  Other rates have hundreds of candidates to choose from.  It also depends on the board, and if they feel they do or don't have enough qualified candidates to fill the quotas.  To many variables to consider, but that's just my opinion on that topic.  Good question though, and might spark some good conversation.

Just trying to entice all these ' lurkers to join in the convo.

Guest DocEddy8404

When considering adverse info, when does the 5 year period begin? Is it 5 years from the day your package is viewed? Or 5 years from your last eval. I was NJPd in August of 2012 and it was documented on my periodic eval in March 2013. 

2 hours ago, LS1(EXW/SW/AW) said:

Delete if not allowed...  I'd like to start a discussion topic.  Which rates do you all think did not select to quota?  Have you all noticed a pattern in this specific incident?

My rating (CTN) has a 48.6% (89) quota with 183 eligible. I’d be surprised if they used them all. 

• Like 1

Guest navyordie123
51 minutes ago, OrdieLife said:

Good numbers this year for us pretty sure we will use them all good luck bro 

Good luck to you too.