FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest jake_IT1
35 minutes ago, CookieMonster88 said:

I am an AE.. our quota is 69 out of 316 eligible (21.84%).  I think they are usually pretty good at filling all of ours, but I noticed they didn't use all of the FTS or reserve quotas for AE's and was surprised at some of our FTS people who didn't get selected.. so, we will see.   

I would be surprised if they didn’t use all of the ITC quotas. 

Ive seen a few rates not use all of their quotas, called “returning inventory”. 

It all comes down to who followed the precepts and the LaDR for their rate.

25 minutes ago, ALPHAzuluUNO said:

If you did the board would be compromised. When posting stuff like this come with proof :) if not don’t write stuff like that at all. My first comment and i keep it PG

Dude, you'd better learn how things work on this forum before you go spouting from the mouth.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Guest Submarinecook1stclass
1 hour ago, jake_IT1 said:

I would be surprised if they didn’t use all of the ITC quotas. 

Ive seen a few rates not use all of their quotas, called “returning inventory”. 

It all comes down to who followed the precepts and the LaDR for their rate.

Asked off if this, which seems to be the norm. I feel I am competitive to make Chief but if they really place close to the LaDR. Then I have a better shot.

As a submariner cook, I was always told since I had chief of the watch, #2 EP, LPO at sea and command collaterals, sailoriaztion etc. completed I was a shoe in. Well I have had it for the last three years and not made it against guys who made it without. This year the LaDR changed to being best qualified requires chief of the watch. So I’m hoping it really gives me that leg up

59 minutes ago, Tony said:

Dude, you'd better learn how things work on this forum before you go spouting from the mouth.

To answer your question you sent me:
First off, the correspondence osiris0107 speaks of is about the board adjournment and not about the Chief results or anything that would compromise the release. Every year Sailors look for that tidbit of information as well as other things on this forum. So to the point, your comment is false.

Second, scuttlebutt is welcome here so even though he has official correspondence, it is not needed anyway - he does not need proof. If the information is improbable, more seasoned Sailors will chime in and we all learn.

Third, you don't determine what "stuff" can be written here. To make a false claim on your very first post that the board could be compromised is not good. That is usually what gets people fired up (false rumors about compromise) which causes me to get inundated with email and whatnot. And every single time it was based on a false statement.

Guest DocEddy8404
5 hours ago, DocEddy8404 said:

When considering adverse info, when does the 5 year period begin? Is it 5 years from the day your package is viewed? Or 5 years from your last eval. I was NJPd in August of 2012 and it was documented on my periodic eval in March 2013. 

Guest Romeo Sierra One
7 hours ago, LS1(EXW/SW/AW) said:

Delete if not allowed...  I'd like to start a discussion topic.  Which rates do you all think did not select to quota?  Have you all noticed a pattern in this specific incident?

Maybe QM (68%) and CTN (48%) didn't use all the allotted spots.  I'm pretty sure SH will have filled all 22 quotas (16%), it was really high this cycle for us and I'd be extremely surprised if they weren't all taken. 

Guest jake_IT1
1 hour ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

Asked off if this, which seems to be the norm. I feel I am competitive to make Chief but if they really place close to the LaDR. Then I have a better shot.

As a submariner cook, I was always told since I had chief of the watch, #2 EP, LPO at sea and command collaterals, sailoriaztion etc. completed I was a shoe in. Well I have had it for the last three years and not made it against guys who made it without. This year the LaDR changed to being best qualified requires chief of the watch. So I’m hoping it really gives me that leg up

To your point...there could be a very small thing wrong with your ompf that is causing you to not be picked up...mine had an eval gap that none of my mentors or the system dedicated to find them didn’t pick up...put eyes on every piece of document that is up for inspection. 

Hope it helps

6 minutes ago, jake_IT1 said:

To your point...there could be a very small thing wrong with your ompf that is causing you to not be picked up...mine had an eval gap that none of my mentors or the system dedicated to find them didn’t pick up...put eyes on every piece of document that is up for inspection. 

Hope it helps

I have and the closest I could come up with was I did fail a PRT in 2011 which was in the five years for my first time up and in 2013 I had an undocumented PFA due to transferring when I cross rated so my eval showed like I didn’t ever do one at all, it was suppose to be DEPOP and I tried reaching back to the old command to get it fixed with no success. Now it’s all past 5 years so if it was those then hopefully this is it. I am constantly looking to see if I miss something, since then nothing else has come to my attention or and leaders I have shown my record to.

Guest osiris0107
15 hours ago, PO Theo said:

For future reference... anyone with reasonably trustworthy information that they don't want to post publicly can give it to Tony. He does a good job of screening it for legitimacy and then posting it to the board. It's not much, but it gives a lot of us some hope!

I understand that, but it's an email from the FORCE and not going to share everything that is in the email. Just sharing info that not subject.

Guest osiris0107
15 hours ago, EOTW said:

Would they release the results that early based on the mid September pinning? Personally I doubt it.

The 10 days is to CNP not triad, I misspoke and then he decides when they are released.

3 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

I understand that, but it's an email from the FORCE and not going to share everything that is in the email. Just sharing info that not subject.

Agree, thanks for sharing. Don't know why people are trying to complicate things... :)

Guest jake_IT1
7 hours ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

I have and the closest I could come up with was I did fail a PRT in 2011 which was in the five years for my first time up and in 2013 I had an undocumented PFA due to transferring when I cross rated so my eval showed like I didn’t ever do one at all, it was suppose to be DEPOP and I tried reaching back to the old command to get it fixed with no success. Now it’s all past 5 years so if it was those then hopefully this is it. I am constantly looking to see if I miss something, since then nothing else has come to my attention or and leaders I have shown my record to.

It would be a smart move to spell that out in the LTB. Experience says to spell out every possible detractor from your record. PFA failures, njp’s...anything that can considered a negative.

hope it helps

Guest Rmss00
5 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Thanks for the info!

The CO calls every one here at NBK, he transfer in mid August after results. So I don’t see him changing it for his last one

as for CDB they had our department LCPO conduct one for all the non selects as a group but one by one, unless you requested a private sitting

Guest GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker
23 hours ago, Ord3i said:

Leadership, Sailorization, Command impact.  You would get points for all of it so long as the write up shows how you used sponsorship

Thank you for the Clarification because I was trying to find which category it fell in, I appreciate the feedback  .

So what would be the reasoning for putting exempt from the pfa due to achieving a Excellent on the previous PFA in blk 43, is that considered a negative or positive I've heard mixed opinions about it, I already know if you put B in block 20 it has to be explained in blk 43, but how much weight does that actually hold to the board.

8 minutes ago, GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker said:

So what would be the reasoning for putting exempt from the pfa due to achieving a Excellent on the previous PFA in blk 43, is that considered a negative or positive I've heard mixed opinions about it, I already know if you put B in block 20 it has to be explained in blk 43, but how much weight does that actually hold to the board.

“Per NAVADMIN 141/17, member exempt from PRT.”  It is not a detractor, missing a PFA or failing a portion of the PFA is a detractor.

14 minutes ago, Ord3i said:

“Per NAVADMIN 141/17, member exempt from PRT.”  It is not a detractor, missing a PFA or failing a portion of the PFA is a detractor.

Gotcha, wonder if people got extra points for that lol

5 minutes ago, GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker said:

Gotcha, wonder if people got extra points for that lol

I use it as a tie breaker when ranking junior Sailors.  The expectation is you pass.  If you go above and beyond that then you have a slight advantage over those who just passed.

29 minutes ago, EOTW said:

I was told today by my lcpo that "results are imminent" and are expected to be out early this year. He said it was put out at his chief meeting, he said he would guess next fri. Take it for what it's worth boys

Hmmm that would be nice lol

43 minutes ago, EOTW said:

I was told today by my lcpo that "results are imminent" and are expected to be out early this year. He said it was put out at his chief meeting, he said he would guess next fri. Take it for what it's worth boys

I feel like this rumor happens every year, but it would be nice if true so we can end the madness of waiting! Thanks for sharing!