FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest LS1(SW)
53 minutes ago, EOTW said:

I was told today by my lcpo that "results are imminent" and are expected to be out early this year. He said it was put out at his chief meeting, he said he would guess next fri. Take it for what it's worth boys

It would be great if they were released next friday.  It would give the selectees a weekend before phase II. 

Guest jake_IT1
2 minutes ago, LS1(SW) said:

It would be great if they were released next friday.  It would give the selectees a weekend before phase II. 

Side Note: Anyone else check and recheck their records and LTB to see what you could've done differently?

Also side note: Anyone prepping for next year already?

Let's say the results were to be approved, stamped, and released early...………….What would they even do with the Selects?  From what I've heard, everything is planned to the hour for a six week season.   Any suggestions about what they would do?

Guest Romeo Sierra One
3 hours ago, GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker said:

So what would be the reasoning for putting exempt from the pfa due to achieving a Excellent on the previous PFA in blk 43, is that considered a negative or positive I've heard mixed opinions about it, I already know if you put B in block 20 it has to be explained in blk 43, but how much weight does that actually hold to the board.

If you have B in BLK 20 due to excellent scores from previous cycle and its explained in BLK 43 I'd like to think of that as something positive. I'm not sure if it holds any weight during selection process. Perhaps it is used as a tie breaker in rare cases?

Guest PO Theo
20 hours ago, DocEddy8404 said:

When considering adverse info, when does the 5 year period begin? Is it 5 years from the day your package is viewed? Or 5 years from your last eval. I was NJPd in August of 2012 and it was documented on my periodic eval in March 2013. 

I had NJP in 2013 for an offense committed in 2012 and it was documented on my 2013 eval. I have an administrative remark in field code 38 regarding the NJP, but nothing that explains the exact nature of the offense other than Article 92. I felt it necessary to explain to the board what I did (even though it was passed the five year time frame). I was criticized by some for including this in my LTB, but I feel like I did the right thing by removing any doubt someone at the board might have. 

Guest Riverine Rat

Well I for one am taking leave next week. Spending time with the Wife and kids fishing, camp fires, and cooking. Unplugging from it all and the world, if results do come out next week, they will have to tell me when I get back. :P

Guest MILSPOUSE01
34 minutes ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

Next Friday would be nice!! I’m tired of waiting for sure

I agree, even though I'm the spouse, I'm on pins and needles for my husband. This is his 5th time up for Chief so I'm praying this is his year. Good luck to ALL of you and Thank you for your service. 

26 minutes ago, MILSPOUSE01 said:

I agree, even though I'm the spouse, I'm on pins and needles for my husband. This is his 5th time up for Chief so I'm praying this is his year. Good luck to ALL of you and Thank you for your service. 

Get your hubby to join up!!!

• Like 1

Guest MILSPOUSE01
1 hour ago, LS1(EXW/SW/AW) said:

Get your hubby to join up!!!

I'll try. He doesn't do much in the way of social media so I doubt he will, but I'll try. Lol

1 minute ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

I could be wrong, but isn’t there specific guidance that only allows season to be 6 weeks? So if results were to be released early, they couldn’t start till Aug 2/5?

"laying the keel" doesn't specifically mention a timeline.  

Guest PO Theo
7 hours ago, LS1(EXW/SW/AW) said:

So when I check the 'advancement selection board' it just shows the N I got from my LDO application. is that normal? or should it be a chief board and the selection status blank.?

Mine shows the results from the CPO board last year and won't update until after the results from this year come out. I'm sure the same is true for your LDO board results.

9 hours ago, EOTW said:

I was told today by my lcpo that "results are imminent" and are expected to be out early this year. He said it was put out at his chief meeting, he said he would guess next fri. Take it for what it's worth boys

I'm doubting next Friday.  We are only at 31 pages. :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

Guest jake_IT1
26 minutes ago, AME1 said:

And 94 guests...granted I lurked for a while before joining.

Guest MILSPOUSE01
6 hours ago, LS1(EXW/SW/AW) said:

Get your hubby to join 

Just wondering if there's any other AS's in here?

Also, I can tell you all that being a part of this forum helps me keep my own mind busy. I feel like I'm more anxious than my husband. Lol  He's too calm and it's driving me crazy. 😂

Guest Romeo Sierra One
59 minutes ago, AME1 said:

I agree, next Friday seems way too early. Sounds like something you'd read in a head stall onboard a ship or at the NEX. 

Guest Submarinecook1stclass
1 hour ago, MILSPOUSE01 said:

Just wondering if there's any other AS's in here?

Also, I can tell you all that being a part of this forum helps me keep my own mind busy. I feel like I'm more anxious than my husband. Lol  He's too calm and it's driving me crazy. 😂

I used to be an AS then I cross rated to a submarine cook.

Guest subguy10524

Next Friday would be amazing, but I’m not holding my breath. I still expect a mid week Triad notification the week of July 30. Just makes sense to me!

Guest Rmss00
40 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

Next Friday would be amazing, but I’m not holding my breath. I still expect a mid week Triad notification the week of July 30. Just makes sense to me!

Still think the week of the 1st God willing.