FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest HM1 (FMF) MFR_12
1 hour ago, PO1_4_Ever said:

Hoping my reserve chain of command are too busy in their regular job to check BOL. Just going to wait for the list to come out tomorrow. 

I and the others in my Chain of Command will be waiting until the list is made public tomorrow as well, it looks like.

36 minutes ago, HM1 (FMF) MFR_12 said:

I and the others in my Chain of Command will be waiting until the list is made public tomorrow as well, it looks like.

2 hours ago, PO1_4_Ever said:

Hoping my reserve chain of command are too busy in their regular job to check BOL. Just going to wait for the list to come out tomorrow. 

I really hate when they do that...

Guest navyordie123

So I don’t know much about SELRES/FTS but how did some of y’all find out but some didn’t? Isnt the triad supposed to notify the member the day the results come out? 

Guest Foley04
8 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

So I don’t know much about SELRES/FTS but how did some of y’all find out but some didn’t? Isnt the triad supposed to notify the member the day the results come out? 

Yes they should have. At my command we were instructed to speak with our Sailors today, selected or not, to inform them. It’s the right thing to do for the Sailors.

Guest HM1 (FMF) MFR_12
4 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

So I am FTS, my Chief is Active Duty, however my "triad" includes a Reservist who obviously has a civilian job he does from day-to-day.  My Battalion Chief and Regimental Chief made phone calls and sent text messages trying to reach the one person who can look up results without much success.  Everything you know on blue side is backwards on the green side, and when you throw MARFORRES in the mix it gets flipped upside down.  In a normal Marine Battalion/Regiment/Division all commands are spread out over a single military installation.  However with MARFORRES, my Battalion consists of five Companies spread out over three states, with the Regiment spread out over 10 states or more, and the Division covers the entire country.  I'm at a Battalion, my Regiment is several states away, and my Triad includes a Reservist who is half the country away.  Not so easy for us to get the word when there is a single point of success/failure.  But that's just how it is.

Guest navyordie123
1 minute ago, HM1 (FMF) MFR_12 said:

So I am FTS, my Chief is Active Duty, however my "triad" includes a Reservist who obviously has a civilian job he does from day-to-day.  My Battalion Chief and Regimental Chief made phone calls and sent text messages trying to reach the one person who can look up results without much success.  Everything you know on blue side is backwards on the green side, and when you throw MARFORRES in the mix it gets flipped upside down.  In a normal Marine Battalion/Regiment/Division all commands are spread out over a single military installation.  However with MARFORRES, my Battalion consists of five Companies spread out over three states, with the Regiment spread out over 10 states or more, and the Division covers the entire country.  I'm at a Battalion, my Regiment is several states away, and my Triad includes a Reservist who is half the country away.  Not so easy for us to get the word when there is a single point of success/failure.  But that's just how it is.

That just sounds way to complicated and way to many ways for things to get screwed up like you said. You figured that there would be a system in place for someone to notify y’all on days like these even if the Triad wasn’t available. 

Guest HM1 (FMF) MFR_12
1 minute ago, navyordie123 said:

That just sounds way to complicated and way to many ways for things to get screwed up like you said. You figured that there would be a system in place for someone to notify y’all on days like these even if the Triad wasn’t available. 

;)
So our Triad consists of a USMC Commanding General for CO, a USMC Sergeant Major, and then our Command Master Chief.  The CMC is a reservist.  Sometimes we get word late afternoons on the day of notification, sometimes we find out a day late.  Looks like this time is a day late.  I don't think this was an intended circumstance, but there definitely is a single point of success/failure in our scenario.

Guest HM1 (FMF) MFR_12

I received word this morning I was not selected.  Setting my sights on getting my Sailors FMF quals, now. 

Guest Gilly
58 minutes ago, HM1 (FMF) MFR_12 said:

One of the Sailors selected for Chief has already commissioned as an officer. 

I have so many questions about this but, keep pushing and taking care of your Sailors they need you! everytime I get one of the reserve HMs attached I always hear the worst stories about MFR, you can be the difference maker

Guest AG1 Clark

I found out today, Not Selected. Perhaps someone could shed some light on something that doesn’t make sense. The quota stated that out of 18 AG1s eligible, they were going to advance 4. They only advanced one this cycle. What gives? 

1 hour ago, AG1 Clark said:

I found out today, Not Selected. Perhaps someone could shed some light on something that doesn’t make sense. The quota stated that out of 18 AG1s eligible, they were going to advance 4. They only advanced one this cycle. What gives? 

Well the quota is how many they CAN advance, not necessarily WILL. They other three could be on a hold status or the board could have decided that only one person was fully qualified. 

Guest DCPR

Congratulations to all that was selected and those who worked/studied hard enough to even become board eligible. Quotas puts limits on advancements to some of our Navy’s top performing Sailors. Don’t be discouraged and it’s ok to be upset but don’t stay down too long keep doing what you are doing and your time will come. Sometimes it’s not a matter of if you will make Chief because you are destined to it’s just a matter of when you will make it.

Guest navyordie123

Happy 4th of July to all! To the SELRES/FTS that received the “S” congratulations and for those that didn’t enjoy the weekend and come back more hungrier than ever and stay motivated.  For my AD brothers and sisters, also enjoy the weekend that is well deserved and focus on family and friends. Come Monday, let’s get back to work and stay hungry and stay motivated. 

6 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

I know it’s a holiday weekend but it is way to quiet in here for this time of the year. 

I've been checking in to see if there is anything new posted and I've been thinking the same thing. I had to work this weekend and I've been re-reading my evals and looking at my record a couple times. I've been going from "I'm definitely getting selected" to "I'm never making Chief in my lifetime"  many times - usually alternating about every 5 minutes or so. Haha!

Guest navyordie123
19 minutes ago, IS1 said:

I've been checking in to see if there is anything new posted and I've been thinking the same thing. I had to work this weekend and I've been re-reading my evals and looking at my record a couple times. I've been going from "I'm definitely getting selected" to "I'm never making Chief in my lifetime"  many times - usually alternating about every 5 minutes or so. Haha!

You are not alone in those feelings, I think all of us have been going through that.  I know I have even though I  try not to think about them, it always seems to happen right when you try to relax and clear your mind.  I haven’t been reviewing my record but my thoughts always seem to drift to when I get notified of the results and either the happiness of getting selected or the feeling of getting told no again. 

6 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

You are not alone in those feelings, I think all of us have been going through that.  I know I have even though I  try not to think about them, it always seems to happen right when you try to relax and clear your mind.  I haven’t been reviewing my record but my thoughts always seem to drift to when I get notified of the results and either the happiness of getting selected or the feeling of getting told no again. 

I haven't drifted there yet. Maybe that's the next stage. I hope you had a good 4th and I wish you the best of luck!

Guest navyordie123
1 minute ago, IS1 said:

I haven't drifted there yet. Maybe that's the next stage. I hope you had a good 4th and I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you for that and I hope you did as well. Good luck to you and I hope we both get the very good news.