FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest NucSub4life

So Quotas are out and ETN subs is so bad! 

This is year 3 for me and I’ve never been massed and have all my qualifications I need for it. They keep passing me up!  Any other 4 year ETN subs being passed up who have all the qualifications to actually make it! I have have my degree, and they pass me up! 

Guest st17iwc_ccc
15 minutes ago, AG1 Clark said:

Now the waiting game begins. Any skuttlebut on the release of the reserve results?  

i haven't heard anything, but based on historic values, id guess June 30th through July 5th somewhere in there, this is my 10th year board eligible. So Im used to this process hahaha 🤣

Guest GuesserOfWeather

Fingers crossed for one of the 30 spots for AGC. 14.95% up from last year. I’ll take those odds! Good Luck to everyone!!! 

Guest subguy10524

Ouch. 27 total at 10.27%. Not gonna say it won’t happen. 

I also wish there was an NEC to better denote eligible for nukes. The numbers are skewed since you can make board even if you aren’t qualified EWS/PPWS and those numbers are included. 

Guest degenerateJEFF
13 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

Ouch. 27 total at 10.27%. Not gonna say it won’t happen. 

I also wish there was an NEC to better denote eligible for nukes. The numbers are skewed since you can make board even if you aren’t qualified EWS/PPWS and those numbers are included. 

Commands are required to submit letters to millington for those that are not eligible (not qualified EWS/PPWS). The numbers to reflect the total number of actuall eligible. 

18 hours ago, st17iwc_ccc said:

i haven't heard anything, but based on historic values, id guess June 30th through July 5th somewhere in there, this is my 10th year board eligible. So Im used to this process hahaha 🤣

I hear ya.  I'm on my 9th board of 10 times eligible. 

Guest osiris0107
28 minutes ago, AME1 said:

I hear ya.  I'm on my 9th board of 10 times eligible. 

AME1,

I am really routing for you. I have been watching you on this forum for years and hope and pray this is your year!!!

Guest navyordie123
25 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

I'm going to need to see some more people posting. This page isn't updating fast enough for my entertainment. 

I have been thinking the same thing, I thought the forum would have blown up after quotas came out but guess I was wrong.  It’s awful quiet for this time of the year. Maybe everybody is busy at work or something. 

Guest subguy10524
16 hours ago, degenerateJEFF said:

Commands are required to submit letters to millington for those that are not eligible (not qualified EWS/PPWS). The numbers to reflect the total number of actuall eligible. 

That has never been done to my knowledge for nuclear trained personnel. Technically we are board eligible without the qual. We are however, not eligible to advance without being qualified. 

So it is a semantics issue. But one that masks the true numbers of those actually eligible. 

Guest st17iwc_ccc
45 minutes ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

Question. does any one know when they will release the convening order?

To my understanding due to past issues, convening order and board membership will come with or after results are issued. 

Guest PO1_4_Ever

The Reserve/FTS results should be released sooner than later so selected reservists can make the appropriate schedule adjustments to their full time job. 

Guest SpeedySeabee2018

Good Evening everyone and Good Luck to all eligibles. Anyone know when the convening order will be available to view?

Guest Submarinecook1stclass
4 hours ago, st17iwc_ccc said:

To my understanding due to past issues, convening order and board membership will come with or after results are issued. 

Oh ok, I thought just the membership wasn’t getting published until after. Not the convening order all together. Oh well guess we have to wait.