FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest Submarinecook1stclass

Rumors that my rate is not gonna be good quotas this year. Already 0 senior and master chiefs quotas this year. We will see I guess

Does anybody have any insight on if they still sleight and only look at top ranked packages or if they look at all eligible candidate records?

Guest mslteck99
58 minutes ago, EMN1 said:

Does anyone know why SEJPME doesn't show up when I search in Navy E Learning for it?

It’s on JKO

On 5/8/2019 at 10:03 AM, Submarinecook1stclass said:

Does anybody have any insight on if they still sleight and only look at top ranked packages or if they look at all eligible candidate records?

From what I’ve been told is all packages get reviewed and everyone gets briefed in the tank, the scattergram filters out the weak packages quickly. 

Guest LS1(AW/SW/IW)
On 4/26/2019 at 12:12 PM, ITC Harley Rider said:

7yrs. I had to go through the ranks again since I was reduced in rate from frocked PO1 to PO3. 

Chief, tracking. Do you mind sharing evals?

Guest mslteck99
On 4/26/2019 at 12:12 PM, ITC Harley Rider said:

7yrs. I had to go through the ranks again since I was reduced in rate from frocked PO1 to PO3. 

Wow, I too am interested it that turnaround.

Guest EMN1

Hey all, so I just wanted to share some information I got from a retired Senior Chief who sat the board a few years ago. We all know that BPME, PPME, and SEJPME look good to have done. But what about the other random courses. I specifically asked him about these three courses from Navy E Learning that I recently completed: 

1)    Military Requirements for Chief Petty Officer - NAVEDTRA 14144

2)    Operational Stress Control - Chief Petty Officer

3)    Evaluation and Fitness Reports

He basically said that anything you complete that is useful for your rate or applies to the whole navy / chief petty officers is worth documenting in your evals / submitting to the board if not in your record. In regards to these three trainings he said that they are definitely worth doing because they apply to all Chief's, and by completing them without being required to do so; you show extra effort above and beyond the minimum requirements. And it might be all that separates you from everyone else in the field.

Working a few hours a day, i completed them all in less than a week. I will definitely be submitting them in my letter to the board; as small as it may seem, you never know how close you are going to be to that cutoff line. And every little bit can help.

Guest ITC Harley Rider
On 5/12/2019 at 1:29 AM, LS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

Chief, tracking. Do you mind sharing evals?

After SP eval; PO3 special - P,  PO2 frocked - EP,  PO2 detach - EP,  PO2 regular - MP,  PO2 regular - EP,  PO1 regular - MP,  PO1 regular - MP, PO1 detach - EP,  PO1 regular - MP.  SELECTED

Guest subguy10524
6 hours ago, ITC Harley Rider said:

After SP eval; PO3 special - P,  PO2 frocked - EP,  PO2 detach - EP,  PO2 regular - MP,  PO2 regular - EP,  PO1 regular - MP,  PO1 regular - MP, PO1 detach - EP,  PO1 regular - MP.  SELECTED

That is reassuring. Thanks for sharing. My first sea tour was straight P with the exception of an MP 1 of 1 special (worse than a P in my mind), but the transfer EP was slightly above RSCA. 

Shore duty went the right direction with a regular EP and breakout right before transfer. And here at 2nd sea first eval was MP above RSCA. I personally feel like my window starts this year based on my history. 

Hopefully heading toward a regular EP this year based on LPO, quals, and other roles. So next year hopefully would have an even stronger package. 

So I submitted a package again this year. Summary sheet included.

Coming off an above RSCA MP

A big difference from my 3.0 reporting P eval

I finished my USMAPS

Lean six sigma white belt

PPME, SJPME

Chief of the watch/CDO qualified 

held two command collaterals in last five years being ESO/ current command and CFL- last command

my weakest points are volunteer and FCPO involvement. I have both but didn’t put it into my eval and didn’t notice till later.

I meet everything on my career path for E6-E7 with the exception of one PQS you have to get on the boat, but came out after I went to shore duty. 

Hoping this year could be it. Third time up and tired of hearing it’s my time for the last few years just to end with disappointment. 

Guest mslteck99

18 hours ago, BOATSNUGGYD said:

tomorrow the board convenes for SELRES/FTS cant wait to see what the quotas will be!!!!

I have a FTS YN1 buddy that I hope makes it...too bad he is boarding for a COCOM of the Year AFTER this board convenes

Guest PO14Life

I've been so busy with my upcoming PCS that I haven't been on this site in ages. Lots of good info I have read so far. Does anyone have any guidance if you pick up while newly reported to a Command? I will report just about the time results come out. Yay for stress!

16 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

I've been so busy with my upcoming PCS that I haven't been on this site in ages. Lots of good info I have read so far. Does anyone have any guidance if you pick up while newly reported to a Command? I will report just about the time results come out. Yay for stress!

I bribe you’ll be thrown right into season, 2017 when i reported to my current command there was a guy who did that 

Guest ep50
20 hours ago, PO14Life said:

Found out I was selected two weeks after reporting to my command (and had a week of househunting in that timeframe).  If you do make it, you just have to roll with it.  It's going to be stressful, but it's a great opportunity to learn about everyone else, and make a strong first impression. 

Guest UWANTFIREIMICE

Here's my thought.  Checking into a new command and finding out you've been selected... they will either retain you or move you out of there; 1st priority moving newly selected Chiefs around.  If you stay, that's your 1st tour as a Chief to really get your feet wet for a solid 3-4 years.  If you transition out of a command due to being selected... then you're expected to be "The Chief" already.  Don't misconstrue this, I'm not by any means saying that you wouldn't be "The Chief" at a new command but if its your 1st time then I do think that is a great opportunity for a learning experience due to having a full tour length.  Besides, we can all learn from eachother so if there's already a Chief/LCPO when you get there... then there's time to observe and eventually step into the "big" (figuratively speaking" shoes.  Hope that makes sense.  Other than that, HOOYAH FTS board!  I'm ready :-)

Guest navyordie123

First time on here really this year. Good luck all the FTS/Reserve brothers and sisters! Good luck to all my AD brothers and sisters as well. hopefully all have submitted their packages this year if not please get them in cause any ammo that you can give the board to better you chances then get it done.