10 minutes ago, KingATC said:

I thought you are not suppose to send any 1650's?

I’ve never heard that before. Guess we will see and if I don’t make it come next week I guess that’s what I’ll blame 😂

Guest PO Theo
9 hours ago, Doc_K said:

Does anyone have a min. and max number of MCs review their package before they submit? I felt like so many people reviewed it and then I had mixed decisions on what I should’ve and shouldn’t have submitted.

There were three Master Chiefs at my command at the time of package submission, none of which have been on a board (or so they say). Three days after I submitted my package, a new CMC checked in. Guess what? He sat a board. Get underway! In the offing knoweth ye that hand over fist I will fight hard & fast! So batten down the hatches because between the devil and the deep blue sea I will deliver more than a shot across the bow! (You big dummy) the luck.

But everyone that looked at my package had something different to say:

"Why did you put your name and social on the bottom and not the top?"

"Why do you have this designation letter in there? It's on your eval."

"You should put this irrelevant piece of paper in there." 

Best piece of advice I got from a Chief - "Put what you think needs to be in there. It's your package."

Personally, I believe that having anyone look at your package that hasn't sat a board is no different than having a fellow First look at it. 

Guest STS1(SS)752754
11 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

There were three Master Chiefs at my command at the time of package submission, none of which have been on a board (or so they say). Three days after I submitted my package, a new CMC checked in. Guess what? He sat a board. Get underway! In the offing knoweth ye that hand over fist I will fight hard & fast! So batten down the hatches because between the devil and the deep blue sea I will deliver more than a shot across the bow! (You big dummy) the luck.

But everyone that looked at my package had something different to say:

"Why did you put your name and social on the bottom and not the top?"

"Why do you have this designation letter in there? It's on your eval."

"You should put this irrelevant piece of paper in there." 

Best piece of advice I got from a Chief - "Put what you think needs to be in there. It's your package."

Personally, I believe that having anyone look at your package that hasn't sat a board is no different than having a fellow First look at it. 

Social and name are supposed to be top right with enclosures numbers bottom right. And if it is more than one page you only add the second page number and so forth until the next enclosure. The MC that sat the board this year said to add the designation letters and so forth as then they don't have to search through other things in the eval to look for it. I put 13 enclosures in mine this year as I thought they were highlights that should be looked at and I did a Career summary sheet also. Each is there own. 

Guest IT guy

So.. first time posting, been lurking for about 2months..lol. I really wish I would have found this forum a few years ago. There is a lot of good information on here. There isn't a lot of Navy over here in Germany but good to know there is a community online where I can seek out advice.

Anyways i'll join in, reasons why I make it:

1. Collaterals throughout Career - Dept DCPO,  WCS, SAPR VA, UPC, ACFL, EIWS program Coordinator on a CVN, Multi Cultural committee POA, Elections committee for FCPOA, CPO 365 Training Lead for 60 1st, Repair 7B locker assistant and Junior Section Leader for my Duty section.  

2. last 3 Evals:  MP,EP,EP(Transfer) all with pretty good write ups and endorsements for Chief in closing and opening

3. Sailors and Protégés recognized: entire division earned primary pin,  all DC qualified up to 310, 2 SOQ. Protégés: 1 BJOQ, 1 mapped to 3rd and helped both get tri warfare qualified.

Reasons why not:

1. First 3 Evals as a IT1 MP, P, P - I went limdu after MP, so first P is my welcome aboard at Limdu command and 2nd P is welcome aboard when I got to my ship. Write ups aren't  great especially for the last P. I didn't know much about evals at the time. 

2. Didn't submit a LTB

3.  there are 235 other IT1's better than me

4 hours ago, KingATC said:

I thought you are not suppose to send any 1650's?

I sent mine with my EOT NC for the purpose of sneaking I some info that was going to be on my transfer eval that the board wouldn’t see. The MCPO that sat the E9 board this year that reviewed my record and LTB thought it was a good idea

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)
1 hour ago, STS1(SS)752754 said:

Social and name are supposed to be top right with enclosures numbers bottom right. And if it is more than one page you only add the second page number and so forth until the next enclosure. The MC that sat the board this year said to add the designation letters and so forth as then they don't have to search through other things in the eval to look for it. I put 13 enclosures in mine this year as I thought they were highlights that should be looked at and I did a Career summary sheet also. Each is there own. 

We have a PR master chief that sat this year's board and several others, he said it does not matter where your name and social are on your LTB. As long as it is on there, and it is in the same on all enclosures. He said that is mainly to identify you and each page you send.

He also said HAVING IT ON THE TOP OR BOTTOM, is not a reason for them NOT TO SELECT you. Meaning, the board DOES NOT CARE! Not yelling, just letting you guys know, for the future. As long as its on every page, who cares where it is at!!

This is even stated in the NAVADMIN, name and social on each page. You can handwrite it, or type it. IMO it just looks more professional typed. He said he has seen packages, that had name and social handwritten, no one cared as long as it is legible and they can identify each page.

The most important thing in your LTB is signing it, or they will not look at it.

Guest OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS)
On 7/25/2018 at 6:22 PM, TheKardiacKid said:

Alright.... I got an idea for a game to pass the time since I've heard this mentioned several times in this thread. All of us hopefuls are sitting here tapping our feet and telling ourselves "How could they not pick me? I'm fantastic!" followed almost immediately by "Ah forget it, i'm screwed. Better start studying for January". So post your top 3 reasons why you think you WON'T make CPO followed by your top 3 reasons why you think you WILL make it.

I think it could widen some perspective on the wide-variety of candidates the board looks at since I assume we have a high diversity of rates/career paths on here.

Ok...

reasons for:

1. diverse 18 career with RIVRON, subs, frigates, LCACs, and oilers obtaining every qual I could ( 4 warfares and small craft pin)

2. #3 EP (#s 1 & 2 transferred) with CMD DAPA, FCPOA Pres, 16 cr hrs on the last Eval

3. This year: joint cmd svc mbr of the year, joint AOR svc mbr of the year (JSCM), MOVSM, JSAM, EAWS.

reasons against:

1. a lot of good PO1s out there

2. last eval was a P with a 3.0 for Leadership (7 year chief backed another young buck, new SEL set him straight for that)

3. U. S. Southern Command Enlisted Person of the Year board was AFTER packages were due.

Guest Submarinecook1stclass
8 hours ago, subguy10524 said:

If the PPME and JPME are in an eval, does the board need to actually see the certificates?

I would say no because your CO signature at the bottom is pretty much saying all items on this document is accurate.

Guest TheKardiacKid

Both CMCs I spoke to recommended to keep it simple and ensure that you don't repeat documentation that was already included within an eval. That being said, I pretty much only added what I had additionally completed after my November eval:

- Letters of Designation for CMD Sponsor Coord. and UPC

- MOVSM Citation

I also wrote a short statement pointing out that my MP eval was a frocking eval (E6) which was followed by a P in the subsequent regular report in a much larger summary group. The thought process was that a MCPO should catch that, but my CMCs recommended pointing it out so that it isn't seen as a decline in performance at first glance.

Guest OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS)
8 hours ago, STG1 said:

What did y’all include in your letter to the board? 

I submitted the following:

Navy COM 1650

SOQ LOC x 2

MTS Cert

LOC

JPME I and II Certs

PPME Cert

ATTT designation letter as a 2nd Class

3MA designation letter as a 2nd Class

JSAM

MOVSM

Joint Senior Service Member of the Year

SOUTHCOM Enlisted Service Member of the Year Nomination

EAWS

CMD Dapa Letter

Small Craft Insignia Letter

NSCS Certificate

Private Pilots Course Certificate

Awards History

Member Data Summary

Guest TheKardiacKid
2 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

So when does everyone think that they are gonna put out official word about next week?

If we're looking at a Monday or Tuesday Triad release, we could hear something today from NAC I would think.

Guest TM1/SS
8 minutes ago, TheKardiacKid said:

If we're looking at a Monday or Tuesday Triad release, we could hear something today from NAC I would think.

I don't think NPC is gonna put anything out, I think it'll be like previous years and just show up. Just my $.02

Guest TheKardiacKid
1 minute ago, TM1/SS said:

I don't think NPC is gonna put anything out, I think it'll be like previous years and just show up. Just my $.02

Yes, NPC usually won't put anything out but the Navy Advancement Center/AHM has been good about announcing the release timeline a few days ahead of time for the past 2-3 years.

Guest navyordie123
24 minutes ago, TheKardiacKid said:

Possibly, I’m thinking Wednesday release so maybe notification on monday

Guest THEORDNANCMAN
41 minutes ago, OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS) said:

JSAM

MOVSM

Joint Senior Service Member of the Year

SOUTHCOM Enlisted Service Member of the Year Nomination

EAWS

CMD Dapa Letter

Small Craft Insignia Letter

NSCS Certificate

Private Pilots Course Certificate

Awards History

Member Data Summary

NAM

MOVSM

PPME

SJPME

USMAPS x2

Command Indoc  Designation Letter 

DAPA  Designation Letter 

Guest navyordie123
12 minutes ago, THEORDNANCMAN said:

NAM

MOVSM

PPME

SJPME

USMAPS x2

Command Indoc  Designation Letter 

DAPA  Designation Letter 

Where are you stationed?

Guest HuskerTech
41 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

So when does everyone think that they are gonna put out official word about next week?

sooner rather than later I hope.....haha

55 minutes ago, TheKardiacKid said:

Yes, NPC usually won't put anything out but the Navy Advancement Center/AHM has been good about announcing the release timeline a few days ahead of time for the past 2-3 years.

Actually @TM1/SS is right. NPC always releases the results in an official capacity. NAC simply delivers the news but many times this forum has received it before NAC does. 

I think TM1 is referring to that NAVADMIN that maybe, or maybe not, will be released giving the Triad/ Public timeline.

Before, we would always have an admin type get us the info but it's not as consistent as in the past. (So members, if you get word, please post.)

Guest TM1/SS
7 minutes ago, Tony said:

Actually @TM1/SS is right. NPC always releases the results in an official capacity. NAC simply delivers the news but many times this forum has received it before NAC does. 

I think TM1 is referring to that NAVADMIN that maybe, or maybe not, will be released giving the Triad/ Public timeline.

Before, we would always have an admin type get us the info but it's not as consistent as in the past. (So members, if you get word, please post.)

Tony I was referring to when NAC puts out that results will be released on XXX day, I could be mistaken, but I haven't seen it recently for CPO results. I know they have done for literally every other rank but I haven't seen it in years past for CPO. I could be wrong though... Who knows. 

1 minute ago, TM1/SS said:

Tony I was referring to when NAC puts out that results will be released on XXX day, I could be mistaken, but I haven't seen it recently for CPO results. I know they don't for literally every other rank but I haven't seen it in years past for CPO. I could be wrong though... Who knows. 

Yes, it's sporadic and it does actually come from NPC if you mean the Navadmin. Sometimes it is posted on Navy News first, sometimes given to nac. Also the reserve side gets it even less.