Guest MannyTheET

Well hello everyone! Didn’t even know this forum existed until yesterday. It took me until today to catch up on all the reading.

I’m glad to see is super normal to be freaking out so close to results! Wife was like, “just don’t think about it.”

Thanks honey! Hadn’t  think of that!

Guest Riverine Rat

So is anyone else fustrated when you have everyone and their momma review your record and say "you should be a Chief already! This is your year!" only to get the "N" and told at your CDB "It just wasnt your year" I have seen many junior sailors get picked up who have no LPO at sea, real leadership, quals, education, JPME PPME, etc. get selected with 8-10 years in and I am still sitting at an 8 year FCPO with 15 years total, Progressing evals and complexity of assignments, with empisis on junior sailor developement, AW, EXW, SW, IW, small craft. PPME, JPME, AS degree, BS degree, 2 US Maps, Assistant Command Dapa, Assistant Air Warfair Cord. FCPOA, CPO 365, I have been ships companly AO with Production LPO, Weapons Training Team, QA SO, Riverine Boat Captain and fully qualified everything Riverine, LPO at Riverine Squadron Two (decomission RonTwo prior to Coastal Riverine Squadron Two) Combat deployment for 7 months, now as an NCR fully Qualifed minus my DLCPO qual which I am 100% PQS complete waiting on final board. working as an Officer Recruiter with documented Training of 3 LT's getting qualifed Officer Recuriter and was nominated as SOQ (didnt get selected but honored to be nominated) at this point I dont know what else to do so the board will say "This FCPO needs to be a Chief now" I would love for someone to tell me "This is was your missing, This is what you need to do" so I can continue to progress through my career. Just fustrated. I wasnt even thinking about Chief results until this week due to workload and finishing my BS degree but now its all I think about. :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

Guest OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS)
Just now, Riverine Rat said:

So is anyone else fustrated when you have everyone and their momma review your record and say "you should be a Chief already! This is your year!" only to get the "N" and told at your CDB "It just wasnt your year" I have seen many junior sailors get picked up who have no LPO at sea, real leadership, quals, education, JPME PPME, etc. get selected with 8-10 years in and I am still sitting at an 8 year FCPO with 15 years total, Progressing evals and complexity of assignments, with empisis on junior sailor developement, AW, EXW, SW, IW, small craft. PPME, JPME, AS degree, BS degree, 2 US Maps, Assistant Command Dapa, Assistant Air Warfair Cord. FCPOA, CPO 365, I have been ships companly AO with Production LPO, Weapons Training Team, QA SO, Riverine Boat Captain and fully qualified everything Riverine, LPO at Riverine Squadron Two (decomission RonTwo prior to Coastal Riverine Squadron Two) Combat deployment for 7 months, now as an NCR fully Qualifed minus my DLCPO qual which I am 100% PQS complete waiting on final board. working as an Officer Recruiter with documented Training of 3 LT's getting qualifed Officer Recuriter and was nominated as SOQ (didnt get selected but honored to be nominated) at this point I dont know what else to do so the board will say "This FCPO needs to be a Chief now" I would love for someone to tell me "This is was your missing, This is what you need to do" so I can continue to progress through my career. Just fustrated. I wasnt even thinking about Chief results until this week due to workload and finishing my BS degree but now its all I think about. :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

Who is this...I was at TWO from 10-15?

Guest Riverine Rat
7 minutes ago, OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS) said:

Who is this...I was at TWO from 10-15?

AO1 Long, now NC1. I was DET 1

Guest OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS)

AO1 Long, now NC1. I was DET 1

OS1 Smith, Det 3.  Good to run into you here!

Guest PO Theo

CMC said that he received word today that the results would be out next week, but he didn't give us an exact date.

During CDO turnover with the XO, the Command calendar had "Chief Results" listed on Tuesday of next week. I wonder if my calculations were correct.

calculations.jpg

Guest Riverine Rat
2 minutes ago, OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS) said:

OS1 Smith, Det 3.  Good to run into you here!

Like wise Brother. Still Fighting the Good Fight.

Guest OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS)
Just now, PO Theo said:

CMC said that he received word today that the results would be out next week, but he didn't give us an exact date.

During CDO turnover with the XO, the Command calendar had "Chief Results" listed on Tuesday of next week. I wonder if my calculations were correct.

calculations.jpg

God I hope not, I'm expecting my new tires to come in Tuesday!

Guest MannyTheET
2 minutes ago, TheKardiacKid said:

96 guests...😄

First, it takes a while to catch up.

Then, frustration sets is when you some of these fine Sailors submissions to the Board.

Which is probably followed by curling in the fetal position for 2 hours, followed by a pep talk by a Chief telling you "you'll be fine".

Then repeat 5 more times until you give up.

🚼🏽

Guest OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS)
Just now, MannyTheET said:

First, it takes a while to catch up.

Then, frustration sets is when you some of these fine Sailors submissions to the Board.

Which is probably followed by curling in the fetal position for 2 hours, followed by a pep talk by a Chief telling you "you'll be fine".

Then repeat 5 more times until you give up.

🚼🏽

This is my 7th look, and thinking back, I wasn't properly prepared for a Board. The last couple of years I've groomed my record and added to my package.  Last year I was more humored by some first timers raising hell and crying for not being selected to care, "think about doing that six straight years guy".  This year I probably have my best shot, I am hopeful, so it will be interesting if I'm not selected...will I be okay with it? No, I can't change it, but it will happen next year.

Guest Riverine Rat

@OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS)Blue water Navy doesnt know what we can do and are scared to let us do what we have been trained to do. Bigest thing I hated hearing was "what your guys think your Seals or something?"

Guest TheKardiacKid
3 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

@OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS)Blue water Navy doesnt know what we can do and are scared to let us do what we have been trained to do. Bigest thing I hated hearing was "what your guys think your Seals or something?"

Worked in NSW for 4+ years. I feel your pain. The conventional folks in my rate had this mentality that we were only doing push-ups from 0730-1600 every day.

Guest Boatstheman
40 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

I agree with riverine rat. After being eligible for over a decade and having the all the wickets. Except the last year. Life happened. With all that some sort of feed back besides “better luck next year” would really be beneficial. 

Guest OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS)

HAHA, so true!  It's just funny when you actually train with them, pick up their mannerisms, and employ it on a day-to-day basis (JTAC range days).  I get along with the Marines, Rangers, and Green Berets around here better than Navy, and I have E5s here that respect me because I treat them like people.  My supervisor when I got here said I need to square myself away, but our new SEL came in with a similar background and told me to "stay the course, you're doing everything perfect"

Guest OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS)
Just now, Boatstheman said:

I agree with riverine rat. After being eligible for over a decade and having the all the wickets. Except the last year. Life happened. With all that some sort of feed back besides “better luck next year” would really be beneficial. 

Even if it were just a sentence from each MC!  There could be a system that allows them to anonymously place a comment on a members package that can't be viewed by anyone else.  At the end of the proceedings, those comments are placed in a message and emailed to that member 

Guest Boatstheman
2 minutes ago, OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS) said:

Even if it were just a sentence from each MC!  There could be a system that allows them to anonymously place a comment on a members package that can't be viewed by anyone else.  At the end of the proceedings, those comments are placed in a message and emailed to that member 

Yes. That would definitely help. 

We still have a few who have not responded to the validation email. You need to respond to join, check your spam filter. There is also a new poll, throw in your vote!

The server will be rebooting in a minute or so...

:graphics-3d-smileys-283022:

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
3 hours ago, AS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

We have a PR master chief that sat this year's board and several others, he said it does not matter where your name and social are on your LTB. As long as it is on there, and it is in the same on all enclosures. He said that is mainly to identify you and each page you send.

He also said HAVING IT ON THE TOP OR BOTTOM, is not a reason for them NOT TO SELECT you. Meaning, the board DOES NOT CARE! Not yelling, just letting you guys know, for the future. As long as its on every page, who cares where it is at!!

This is even stated in the NAVADMIN, name and social on each page. You can handwrite it, or type it. IMO it just looks more professional typed. He said he has seen packages, that had name and social handwritten, no one cared as long as it is legible and they can identify each page.

The most important thing in your LTB is signing it, or they will not look at it.

True that.  I was told by some MC's who sat boards that it doesn't matter where your name and socials are on the enclosures, as long as they are uniform.  I even had a few of my Chief friend's LTB examples that they sent up and not all of them were like each other's, but they were uniform and they are Chief's now.  So I really don't think it matters as long as they are all the same on every enclosure. 

Oh did I mention Triad results are on the 31st?! BET! Haha!

Guest MannyTheET

Funny thing happened today. I’m currently deployed, and the way the command is broken we have like 6 different locations all over the world. My location and HQ’s location are about two hours apart, so sometimes some of us travel there for this and that.

My Chief came to me today with a smirk

- 😄 “do you know when the results will be out?”
-me: “should be next week?”
-C: *big grin* “When you see all the Chief’s leave, that’s the day”
-me: “So, you DO know when??!”
-C: *almost laughing at this point* “When you see us leave, you’ll know!!”

Great! thanks Chief! Nah I don’t need to sleep this weekend its cool.

Guest Frye_Daddy
11 hours ago, subguy10524 said:

If the PPME and JPME are in an eval, does the board need to actually see the certificates?

Dont give anyone a chance to miss something.. if there is a cert to something, and its significant, send it in, even if its documented in the eval.