Guest STG1SW

Hey everyone hope you're well and ready to enjoy the weekend. I encourage you to relax and try not to think too much about the pending results and I will try to take my own advice as well. 😂 

Guest PO Theo
5 minutes ago, STG1SW said:

Hey everyone hope you're well and ready to enjoy the weekend. I encourage you to relax and try not to think too much about the pending results and I will try to take my own advice as well. 😂 

Oh... relax? Sure. No problem.

Guest STG1SW
25 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

Oh... relax? Sure. No problem.

I think about it like this. The list is already made and our names are either on it or we have to try again next year (if that's an option for you).

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)
19 hours ago, GoNavy88 said:

So my progression been unorthodox.  Been grinding hard since I been a 2nd but got in trouble last year a month before I PCS and the only thing that was added on my eval was Promote when ready.  So with this new board procedures I’m curious to see if my recent eval would hold any value.

2013-2017

E5 5.0 EP soft break out 1 of 25 TRF eval

E5 4.7 EP 6 of 30 periodic eval

E6 3.6 MP frocked 

E6 4.57 EP of 140 E6s no breakout

E6 4.57 EP 1 of 2 - got in trouble, no njp but closing statement said pretty much said Promote to chief when ready - the gave the other first class a P, I don’t kno why.  He was a good dude.TRF Eval

E6 4.2 EP hard breakout 2 of 17, SOY. With only 7 months on board.

If I don’t pick up this year im gonna be bummed.  

Honestly that last eval would worry be, coming to a command and jumping all first classes your first eval, getting SOY doesnt sound like it would hold any weight, no knocking you at all. It just seems a lilttle fishy.. Again not knocking you, but board members might wonder how that happened. 

19 hours ago, GoNavy88 said:

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)
18 hours ago, TheKardiacKid said:

Alright.... I got an idea for a game to pass the time since I've heard this mentioned several times in this thread. All of us hopefuls are sitting here tapping our feet and telling ourselves "How could they not pick me? I'm fantastic!" followed almost immediately by "Ah forget it, i'm screwed. Better start studying for January". So post your top 3 reasons why you think you WON'T make CPO followed by your top 3 reasons why you think you WILL make it.

I think it could widen some perspective on the wide-variety of candidates the board looks at since I assume we have a high diversity of rates/career paths on here.

Didnt make it last year with our rate being the highest percentage it has been in the last 7 years.

Back to back MPs on truman in 2013/2014 with no breakout

Rejected eval report from 2012 because RS didnt know what he was doing.

Number 8 of 287 EP

Number 7 of 39 EP

Every check in the block on LADR except for MOVSM and FCPOA documentation ( those 2 should not break me, I have documented CPO 365 and volunteer service)

4 hours ago, Googleman23 said:

Reasons I think I’ll make it this time (my second time up)

1. I have LPO this time.

2. I have 2 MOVSM, 1st NCM, SW/IW 

3. Ranked number 1/52 on last ship at a FDNF command

4. Ranked number 6/70 at last command at a FDNF command

5.  all SEJEMPE, JPME are done

6. All USMAP are done

7. Have Associates Degree

8.  Lead the FCPOA as an officer multiple times

9.  Currently boat Team lead for the whole Base for Sailor 360 and is documented for the board 

Reason I won’t make it

1. Quotas limitations 

I also was a Detailer for two years. So I think I hit all the LADR requirements for a YN. (For all the opportunity I had)

Guest TM1/SS
58 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

So just heard that the 1st is the day of results. Might be rumor but just what I heard 

I got a word from a reputable source for me.... That it'll be Monday

Guest GSM1snipe

Reasons selected

1. EOOW, Command DAPA, FCPOA Prez,CPO 365 PT leader coordinator,  LCPO billet for 2 years running 3 shops on a SUB base, last 2 EVALs EP 7 of 231 then EP 3 of 213,and 69% advancement.

not selected

1. NJP 2014 (However no adverse evaluation, still #1 MP with the NJP)

18 hours ago, Frye_Daddy said:

For all you first time up folks, last year was my first time up, LPO at sea as a E5. 1st ranked eval as E6 bottom of the barrel P, no leadership (independant duty) 11 FCPOs. Second ranked eval as E6 was number 1 MP. I only had 2 E6 evals and was selected.  I will say nothing I did on shore duty or while I was an E6 got me selected last year. It was everything I did as an E5.  I too thought the entire time I would not be selected... Tell your Sailors to start writing their evals to the board early.

What was your rates Advancement % the year you made it?

What do you all think about this.  Do you think that this will negatively affect me at all?

My first E6 eval was a frocked EP #2 of 12.

My second E6 eval was an MP #3 of 39.

Third E6 eval was an unranked MP at new command.

Do you think this downward looking trend is going to hurt me?

Guest TheKardiacKid
1 minute ago, EMN1 said:

What do you all think about this.  Do you think that this will negatively affect me at all?

My first E6 eval was a frocked EP #2 of 12.

My second E6 eval was an MP #3 of 39.

Third E6 eval was an unranked MP at new command.

Do you think this downward looking trend is going to hurt me?

Not at all. You went to a larger summary group, then to a new command. This is all stuff that the board sees on your PSR.

20 hours ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

From my understanding there is no more “grading”. That’s what used to get you to he tank. Now every record goes

After reading last year's selection board process ppt and this year's ppt, I came to an understanding that the only thing that changed during the individual record review process is the actual grade of the package given by the record reviewer. The reviewer (usually two) used to be able to establish a baseline score for the candidate's package which was inputted into the over all scattergram for the panel to review. Instead of having a grade that automatically puts someone at the top and others beneath, the record reviewer only reviews the record, input markings / highlights of the record, and moves on to the next record. No actual scoring from the record reviewer. Once completed, all records are submitted to the tank where the board will grade each package to establish the slate in the scattergram. Once a solid slate is approved by the board, it is given to the president for final approval. 

Guest navyordie123
3 hours ago, TM1/SS said:

I got a word from a reputable source for me.... That it'll be Monday

Doesn’t that seem way to early?

8 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Doesn’t that seem way to early?

In 2012 the 31st the navadmin was released. That year the 31st was also a Tuesday. 

Guest Riverine Rat
19 minutes ago, TheKardiacKid said:

@Tony I think we need a poll for the release date!

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Lol, it's hard to get people to vote! You can give it a try! 😎

:5589:

My vote is the 31st. Falls on a Tuesday and so far the only word I have gotten or heard around my command. 

Guest TheKardiacKid
5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Lol, it's hard to get people to vote! You can give it a try! 😎

:5589:?

How can we get it up and running? I think we're all in consensus that it'll be next week. Maybe we run choices for 30th, 31st, 1st, and 2nd?

24 minutes ago, TheKardiacKid said:

How can we get it up and running? I think we're all in consensus that it'll be next week. Maybe we run choices for 30th, 31st, 1st, and 2nd?

At the top you start a new topic and select the "Poll" tab. Let me know if you have anymore questions, I'll be lurking about, I'm on the server right now.