Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
4 minutes ago, Montrell1891 said:

I put on First in 2009 and I'm also at 19. We probably crossed paths at "A" school. I was the last graduating RM class.

We probably have. I was the second to the last class to graduate RM "A" school back in "99. Haha!

Guest CursedSwabbie
50 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

With the results coming out next week (still betting on the 31st for triad), am I the only one looking back at my recent evals and LTB and with confidence telling myself "I have a great feeling I'm getting that "S"!   But then the negativity comes out of you when you look back more than 5 years (entire career) saying, "I'm definitely not getting that "S". Oh the tragedy!

No you are not! I am sitting here right now going over it!  Keep asking my questions... Are the going to read my Evals? Should I have annotated certain quals? Are the going to read my awards? Should I have not submitted a career summary letter?

I feel this is the best package I have submitted. But it is 25% so I have to curb expectations! But either way work as usual.

Guest PO Theo
1 hour ago, STG1 said:

That sounds rough, but are you still able to  get the same qualifications regardless of the mandatory P? I would hope they would look past the P and look at what’s actually in your write ups, qualifications and school or community service completed or sailors you led.  But I guess we will see come next week.

I can do everything they can do, and I have. Other than my evals, I have ever box checked except for holding a position in the FCPOA. But I'm afraid that this HMR position is too new. It's not on the LaDR, and there was not a single NC (Recruiter) on the board, so I'm not sure they'll even know about it. 

Guest Boatstheman

My Evals  were good till life happened. Divorce crushed me. Now I sit here almost at 20. Highly doubt I’ll pick up. 42% is pretty good for quotas though. Hopefully the blind squirrel finds a bit this year. 🤪

Guest Submarinecook1stclass

So talking to my CWO who is pretty well connected he says triad release this Friday.. that would be nice, I hope he isn’t messing with me.

Guest TM4life
7 minutes ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

So talking to my CWO who is pretty well connected he says triad release this Friday.. that would be nice, I hope he isn’t messing with me.

He says this Friday huh? My Senior Chief told me today week of Aug 6th with 50-60% confidence. Lol! Everyone is throwing dates out there. 

Guest AE1(AW/SW/IW)
10 minutes ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

As much as I would like it with NSIPs going down until the 31st I doubt anything will be out before then

52 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

I can do everything they can do, and I have. Other than my evals, I have ever box checked except for holding a position in the FCPOA. But I'm afraid that this HMR position is too new. It's not on the LaDR, and there was not a single NC (Recruiter) on the board, so I'm not sure they'll even know about it. 

Well that could be to your benefit if it’s not on the LaDR they basically have nothing to go off of.  So you can’t really be missing anything besides the FCPOA position.

Guest TheKardiacKid
52 minutes ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

Typically NAC has been good with giving a 3-7 day notice ahead of time regarding result release dates. If it were going to be this Friday, I believe there would have been an announcement by now. Friday also puts the initiation length at 7 weeks.

Not saying its impossible, but Friday would be irregularly early.

30th triad release and 31st navadmin will be released. In 2012 results were released just like that and since the 31st falls on a Tuesday again it only makes sense.

Guest FC1(SW)

I was the LPO of a recruiting station for 3 and a half years.  I went from leading only myself to leading 4 recruiters along with something like 150 future sailors.  My question is this; does LPO at sea hold more weight than LPO of a recruiting station considering you're working out of rate?

Guest Boats101

So I probably shot myself in the foot, and blew it completely off.  Here's why.

I'm missing 2 Evals in my OMPF back from '08 and '10 when I was a Deck Seaman.  Really good Evals, they're just not in my OMPF.  I get it, totally my fault.  I talked with my CMC who sat the board last year, showed her my evals that were missing, and she literally said, Boats, do you really think they're going to go back that far to a BMSN eval?  They will go back 5 years, maybe one more if there's a tie.  Now all this traffic I'm seeing on here says the entire record.  I know I know, the precept say the entire record is available for review, but I believe it has said that for years.  I mentioned it to her, and she assured me more than once, that as far as evals go, it would be the infamous 5 years.  On the other hand, I definitely made sure my PSR 1&3 were good, no missing evals or gaps, just those 2 from way back when.  Wow, just wow, I feel like an idiot.  Any thoughts shipmates?

Guest MR1(SW/SCW/AW
1 hour ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

We have a all hands call on Friday, an no one is really saying what it’s for. Getting ready to go through FMAA, so maybe that’s why. 🤔

Guest GoNavy88

So my progression been unorthodox.  Been grinding hard since I been a 2nd but got in trouble last year a month before I PCS and the only thing that was added on my eval was Promote when ready.  So with this new board procedures I’m curious to see if my recent eval would hold any value.

2013-2017

E5 5.0 EP soft break out 1 of 25 TRF eval

E5 4.7 EP 6 of 30 periodic eval

E6 3.6 MP frocked 

E6 4.57 EP of 140 E6s no breakout

E6 4.57 EP 1 of 2 - got in trouble, no njp but closing statement said pretty much said Promote to chief when ready - the gave the other first class a P, I don’t kno why.  He was a good dude.TRF Eval

E6 4.2 EP hard breakout 2 of 17, SOY. With only 7 months on board.

If I don’t pick up this year im gonna be bummed.  

3 minutes ago, Boats101 said:

So I probably shot myself in the foot, and blew it completely off.  Here's why.

I'm missing 2 Evals in my OMPF back from '08 and '10 when I was a Deck Seaman.  Really good Evals, they're just not in my OMPF.  I get it, totally my fault.  I talked with my CMC who sat the board last year, showed her my evals that were missing, and she literally said, Boats, do you really think they're going to go back that far to a BMSN eval?  They will go back 5 years, maybe one more if there's a tie.  Now all this traffic I'm seeing on here says the entire record.  I know I know, the precept say the entire record is available for review, but I believe it has said that for years.  I mentioned it to her, and she assured me more than once, that as far as evals go, it would be the infamous 5 years.  On the other hand, I definitely made sure my PSR 1&3 were good, no missing evals or gaps, just those 2 from way back when.  Wow, just wow, I feel like an idiot.  Any thoughts shipmates?

I could be wrong but I don’t think they have the time to look back that far they will most likely look at what you have done recently the odds of there being a “tie” that close to look back at what you did as a BMSN seems a little over the top. They just don’t have the time to go that in depth.  As long as no Gaps are in the continuity report you should be fine. 

23 minutes ago, FC1(SW) said:

I was the LPO of a recruiting station for 3 and a half years.  I went from leading only myself to leading 4 recruiters along with something like 150 future sailors.  My question is this; does LPO at sea hold more weight than LPO of a recruiting station considering you're working out of rate?

I’m sure to some LPO at sea holds more weight than at shore. But as long as you did your job and were a good leader it will still hold weight over those who didn’t have LPO.

I had ALPO for 12 months as an E5 and then LPO for 5 months as an E5 before decommissioning.  At shore no LPO but I was ranked over every first class at the command two years in a row and was one of the most junior sailors there.  Who knows what will make or break any of us during this long process.

Guest PO14Life
40 minutes ago, STG1 said:

I could be wrong but I don’t think they have the time to look back that far they will most likely look at what you have done recently the odds of there being a “tie” that close to look back at what you did as a BMSN seems a little over the top. They just don’t have the time to go that in depth.  As long as no Gaps are in the continuity report you should be fine. 

I agree as long as you got everything you need now they shouldn’t be looking that far. I would still have them submitted to your records though.

Guest CursedSwabbie
52 minutes ago, MR1(SW/SCW/AW said:

We have a all hands call on Friday, an no one is really saying what it’s for. Getting ready to go through FMAA, so maybe that’s why. 🤔

I could be wrong but I just dont see it. I am just not a fan of the time between the board ajourning and results.... I do like coming to this forum though! It is like comparing notes after an exam!

Guest PO14Life

They use the time to scrub the list. I do like having this forum as well. I like having somewhere to blow off steam, with a group of awesome people that know exactly how I’m feeling 

Guest TheKardiacKid

Alright.... I got an idea for a game to pass the time since I've heard this mentioned several times in this thread. All of us hopefuls are sitting here tapping our feet and telling ourselves "How could they not pick me? I'm fantastic!" followed almost immediately by "Ah forget it, i'm screwed. Better start studying for January". So post your top 3 reasons why you think you WON'T make CPO followed by your top 3 reasons why you think you WILL make it.

I think it could widen some perspective on the wide-variety of candidates the board looks at since I assume we have a high diversity of rates/career paths on here.

Guest CursedSwabbie
14 minutes ago, TheKardiacKid said:

Alright.... I got an idea for a game to pass the time since I've heard this mentioned several times in this thread. All of us hopefuls are sitting here tapping our feet and telling ourselves "How could they not pick me? I'm fantastic!" followed almost immediately by "Ah forget it, i'm screwed. Better start studying for January". So post your top 3 reasons why you think you WON'T make CPO followed by your top 3 reasons why you think you WILL make it.

I think it could widen some perspective on the wide-variety of candidates the board looks at since I assume we have a high diversity of rates/career paths on here.

Ok i will play:

Reasons for:

1. Sailor of the year cy16

2. 5.0 transfer eval where my CO stated in my eval " I do not write 5.0 Evans check my record. This is the one"

3. CPO 365 lead (made the schedule and training plan)

Reasons against:

1. Did not go to sea after shore duty because I got needs of the navy orders to a "sea billet"

2. My CICWO was done while TAD because of said orders.

3. No FCPOA at last command so no involvement there.

17 minutes ago, TheKardiacKid said:

1.  Instructor of the year 2 years in a row 

2.  Last two evals were #1 EP ranked evals

3.  Lead CFL with 4 E6 acfls leading CPO 365 PTs for command 

1.  Sea time was cut short due to decommission of ship.

2. E5 LPO on a ship but never LPO as a E6

3. Missing some higher level ship quals due to the short sea time. 

Guest THEORDNANCMAN
24 minutes ago, TheKardiacKid said:

1. LPO @ sea during a combat deployment

2. Command Collaterals/FCPOA, CPO-365, MOVSM

3. Rank EP with hard break out

1. 2014 NJP

2. Not enough TIR

3. XFER P EVAL.