Guest navyordie123
43 minutes ago, CursedSwabbie said:

On a side note 73 guests? You all should sign up the water is great over here! 😂

We should see an increase in signups the closer it gets to the day

Guest CursedSwabbie
7 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

We should see an increase in signups the closer it gets to the day

I am jist saying we are down on our page quota for the year! 😂

Guest ScrubNation

Its usually in the 70s or 80s right now for pages. People are just looking to find rumors lol. I hear that the results will be out in the next two weeks and then pinning is some time in September. don't know how reliable my resource was.

Guest CursedSwabbie
4 minutes ago, ScrubNation said:

Its usually in the 70s or 80s right now for pages. People are just looking to find rumors lol. I hear that the results will be out in the next two weeks and then pinning is some time in September. don't know how reliable my resource was.

I happend to know a guy in Philly who was related to a girl in San diego who was friends with this guy in Millington who was in a movie with Kevin Bacon and he said Aug 1st.

Guest ScrubNation
4 minutes ago, CursedSwabbie said:

I happend to know a guy in Philly who was related to a girl in San diego who was friends with this guy in Millington who was in a movie with Kevin Bacon and he said Aug 1st.

I wish I knew a guy in Philly who was related to a girl in San Diego who was friends with this guy in Millington who was in a movie with Kevin Bacon. Mine was just from Norfolk..........

13 minutes ago, CursedSwabbie said:

The guy on base who cuts my hair has a girlfriend who is the dog groomer of the Commanding Officer's dentist. He said that the dentist's relative of his in-laws is calling it Aug 2nd - sure bet.

Guest Clampdown Master

Been lurking this page for a few years now! Finally decided to join in on the conversation. Good luck to everyone this year! I'm looking forward to being able to contribute to the forum now! 

10 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

Are you guys sure? The CNP’s barber, who’s wife has an uncle who is married to a friend who knows the guy at the butcher shop who gossiped to the commissary worker that they heard it was going to be July 31. Must be truth. 

Wow, that's got to be it then. The barber's wife's uncle, who is married to a friend who knows the guy at the butcher shop who gossiped to the commissary worker has got to be a closer source!!

I think we need to assemble the forum's snoopy team and head out to said commissary to confirm this!

:128_34:

Guest navyordie123

Usually this time of year we are near 100 and usually stops at around 120-130.  Good luck to everyone! I was told from a guy who cuts grass for the guy who work at the auto port and changed the oil for the wife of the guy who sits next to a higher up in Washington that the results will be out next Friday. 

Guest Doc_K

Been reviewing these threads for about two years and didn’t think my comments were any help since I wasn’t eligible. But now that I am I have a feeling I’ll be here for a while!! Especially after reading the amount of stuff other people have that I don’t even compare to! Anyways, Good luck to you all and thank you for the information that you guys/gals have been providing! 

Oh oh and Im saying it’s the 1st of Aug. I heard it from the E-3 underground and they know everything!! Ijs!!

1 minute ago, shindeepsailor said:

I know several. I personally have 2. 

Not the unit commendation medal right? 

Guest shindeepsailor
3 minutes ago, STG1 said:

Not the unit commendation medal right? 

Correct. 2 JCSM (joint COM), JSAM (joint NAM), and a NAM. The JSAM was a spot award I got this year so hopefully that helps my chances! 

Guest Cryptic
2 minutes ago, STG1 said:

How many first classes do you all know who have a Navy Commendation Medal?

Certain medals are more common in certain communities and tours of duty than others. I wouldn't try to compare medals to others as we all have different tour histories and come from different communities. Personally, I would just think back on your past and ask yourself if you have documented awards for each of your tours that are in line with your respective levels of responsibility at them. 

Guest shindeepsailor
2 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

I honestly don’t think a single award will make or break you. Does it give you something? Probably, but I think there is a lot more to making chief than an individual award. 

I personally know a first class with a NCM. The joint stuff may give you something, but others don’t get the opportunity to serve in a joint capacity and shouldn’t be held against them. The evals and how you have shown the characteristics outlined in the precepts is what will make or break your shot to advance.   

Might be a big reason why the board was split up like it was. Joint tours play a big role in advancement, at least for CT’s. I have also done a sub tour and got my dolphins and deployed to the desert, and after this I’m headed to be an RDC. It’s all about specific career progression for your rate based on the published milestones. 

Just curious what everyone else has experienced at their commands.  The commands I’ve been to it was extremely rare for an E6 or below to receive anything higher than the NAM. 

Guest Cryptic
15 minutes ago, STG1 said:

Just curious what everyone else has experienced at their commands.  The commands I’ve been to it was extremely rare for an E6 or below to receive anything higher than the NAM. 

It really just depends on the command. 

Guest Doc_K
2 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

It really just depends on the command. 

Agreed! I have seen E5s and E6s at my command get COMs

40 minutes ago, STG1 said:

I have personally never seen an E-6 and below get anything higher than a NAM, I have seen them give transferring E-7's NAMs

Guest BoatsJ
1 hour ago, shindeepsailor said:

Might be a big reason why the board was split up like it was. Joint tours play a big role in advancement, at least for CT’s. I have also done a sub tour and got my dolphins and deployed to the desert, and after this I’m headed to be an RDC. It’s all about specific career progression for your rate based on the published milestones. 

RDC nice! Wonder if you’ll be on that new YouTube series about boot camp. Haha it’s changed so much.

Guest shindeepsailor
10 minutes ago, BoatsJ said:

RDC nice! Wonder if you’ll be on that new YouTube series about boot camp. Haha it’s changed so much.

I sure hope not! haha. I am excited to see that new battle stations. I went through in 2005 and they had just started re-doing the whole base.

Guest CSSSSSSSSS1
2 hours ago, STG1 said:

How many first classes do you all know who have a Navy Commendation Medal?

I know myself and two other first classes on my boat that have navy commendation medals