19 hours ago, HuskerTech said:

From a MCPO that sat the boards last year.  The grading is usually about 2 min per package to grade.  Then once you are in front of the group you get a max of 45 sec and people vote on your

From what our CO told us, 1 to 2 people read through all packages.  Then they have a brief amount of time to brief you for the group to vote on.  

Guest Riverine Rat
3 minutes ago, AME1 said:

From what our CO told us, 1 to 2 people read through all packages.  Then they have a brief amount of time to brief you for the group to vote on.  

Gives you a warm and fussy feeling knowing everything rests upon those individules reading through your record in about 2 min. and hope you record gets briefed well enough during those 45 sec. Or maybe thats just nausea :5583:

Guest CursedSwabbie
28 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

Gives you a warm and fussy feeling knowing everything rests upon those individules reading through your record in about 2 min. and hope you record gets briefed well enough during those 45 sec. Or maybe thats just nausea :5583:

I need a person like Kanye West to brief my package...."I am going to let you finish but this guy is the greatest OS of all time!" 😂

Guest PO Theo

So, in trying to determine the day that the results come out, many people have been working backwards from pinning date. This is what I have for previous FY pinning dates. I used Google, so it might be off. Let me know if anyone has any other info.

9/16/14 - Tuesday

9/17/15 - Thursday

9/16/16 - Friday

9/14/17 - Thursday

Guest paperwarfare

I’ve been a member for awhile but I almost never post. I love all of the info and networking that I see in this forum. 

But my money is on August 2nd.  I’m all in, no take backs. It lines up perfectly with the appropriate pinning timeframe to include 6 weeks of training.

Guest THEORDNANCMAN
29 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

So, in trying to determine the day that the results come out, many people have been working backwards from pinning date. This is what I have for previous FY pinning dates. I used Google, so it might be off. Let me know if anyone has any other info.

9/16/14 - Tuesday

9/17/15 - Thursday

9/16/16 - Friday

9/14/17 - Thursday

Well seeing that the 15th of September is on a Saturday, I figure that the pinning will be that Friday the 14th. Count back six weeks. That's the 3rd of August, So with the selectees having to do INDOC before anything else, I would say it would be Thursday the 2nd, and then the fun begins Friday the 3rd. :graphics-3d-smileys-139353:

Guest PO Theo

After some careful calculations, I have determined the date of Triad release to be 7/31. Don't laugh. I'm a nerd. I use crazy methods to determine my lottery numbers... I'm still in the Navy, so clearly it's working quite well.  :P

Looking back over the past six years, the release day has alternated between Tuesday and Thursday, with 2017 being a Thursday. With the exception of 2015, the results have been released on the 31st occurence of that day in that calendar year (with 2015 being the 32nd Thursday of the year). That means that this year should be the 31st Tuesday of the year ----- Tuesday, July 31st. 

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
5 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

After some careful calculations, I have determined the date of Triad release to be 7/31. Don't laugh. I'm a nerd. I use crazy methods to determine my lottery numbers... I'm still in the Navy, so clearly it's working quite well.  :P

Looking back over the past six years, the release day has alternated between Tuesday and Thursday, with 2017 being a Thursday. With the exception of 2015, the results have been released on the 31st occurence of that day in that calendar year (with 2015 being the 32nd Thursday of the year). That means that this year should be the 31st Tuesday of the year ----- Tuesday, July 31st. 

I concur.  31st of July.  BET!

19 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

Just by that analysis alone, you should be a Chief in my humble opinion!

:128_1:

Guest PO Theo
5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Haha... if only it were that easy!

Guest HuskerTech
4 hours ago, AME1 said:

yeah 2 people review and grade, If they are close then it is accepted if not they do it again.  Once all the packages are graded then they go before the board on 7 screens for up to 45 sec and the board votes.  there votes of either 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%.  Each board member votes on you with one of those numbers, they are averaged out and that is your %.  Then you are racked and stacked based on the percentage.  Then it is from This percentage up is advanced.  We are going to look at Between X and y percent and look them over again, Vote and so on.  The rest try again next year.  That is the board.

28 minutes ago, HuskerTech said:

yeah 2 people review and grade, If they are close then it is accepted if not they do it again.  Once all the packages are graded then they go before the board on 7 screens for up to 45 sec and the board votes.  there votes of either 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%.  Each board member votes on you with one of those numbers, they are averaged out and that is your %.  Then you are racked and stacked based on the percentage.  Then it is from This percentage up is advanced.  We are going to look at Between X and y percent and look them over again, Vote and so on.  The rest try again next year.  That is the board.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?  Haha!  I'm so confused by the process.  I just hope my most recent eval with my quals helps me become 1 of the 235 selected.

Guest CursedSwabbie
17 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?  Haha!  I'm so confused by the process.  I just hope my most recent eval with my quals helps me become 1 of the 235 selected.

Here is the brief to help you out... The only thing that confuses me is having to do with what the board sees. In on slide it says field code 30-38 then in the next one it says "only adverse information in my OMPF may be considered by the board? TRUE" so... Take the brief for what it is worth!

ENL_ADVANCEMENT_BOARD_BRIEF_FOR_PERS-803_WEBPAGE_(10Apr18)_(2).pptx

Screenshot_2018-07-24-16-53-36.png

22 minutes ago, CursedSwabbie said:

Here is the brief to help you out... The only thing that confuses me is having to do with what the board sees. In on slide it says field code 30-38 then in the next one it says "only adverse information in my OMPF may be considered by the board? TRUE" so... Take the brief for what it is worth!

Thanks for sharing!  I've seen other advancement board brief ppt's before, but this one I haven't seen.  Very interesting that it goes in depth which it should.

Guest TM1/SS
3 hours ago, Tony said:

By his analysis he should most definitely NOT BE A CHIEF..... He should definitely be an ensign and he should start every conversation with "In my experience....." Hahahahahaa Just busting your stones bud

Guest TM1/SS
1 hour ago, CursedSwabbie said:

So I can shed some insight on that.... My current CMC has sat the board 4 times and he spoke specifically to that. The way they worded it in the powerpoint was jacked up. Punctuation matters, "Only adverse information THAT IS contained in my OMPF, can be considered by the board". True is the right answer. What it is saying is that any adverse information not contained in the OMPF, i.e. NSIPS, can not be considered by the board. For example, an MCPO is sitting the board that has personal knowledge of an NJP that is not in your OMPF, he can not consider that information when the diliberations are made. 

Hope that helps.

Guest CursedSwabbie
35 minutes ago, TM1/SS said:

So I can shed some insight on that.... My current CMC has sat the board 4 times and he spoke specifically to that. The way they worded it in the powerpoint was jacked up. Punctuation matters, "Only adverse information THAT IS contained in my OMPF, can be considered by the board". True is the right answer. What it is saying is that any adverse information not contained in the OMPF, i.e. NSIPS, can not be considered by the board. For example, an MCPO is sitting the board that has personal knowledge of an NJP that is not in your OMPF, he can not consider that information when the diliberations are made. 

Hope that helps.

Solid! Thanks buddy!!

Guest STS1(SS)752754

I know that board process has changed a little this year too as only one person votes on a package. If there is any questions or uncertainty then it gets reviewed again by another person. Certain person told me after he sat one the reserves board this year. I'm sure better information will be out about how the boards are done after the results are released this year. 

14 minutes ago, STS1(SS)752754 said:

I know that board process has changed a little this year too as only one person votes on a package. If there is any questions or uncertainty then it gets reviewed again by another person. Certain person told me after he sat one the reserves board this year. I'm sure better information will be out about how the boards are done after the results are released this year. 

Why would the board change from a two man grading system to just one man grading and briefing a package? I thought that was a great system to ensure that the packages are graded fairly so if one grade differs from another grade drastically, they would reset and grade again to ensure accurate grading across the board. The only changes I heard of was that your entire career performance is reviewed and all packages (not just crunch zone) are briefed to the board and voted on.

Guest CursedSwabbie
1 hour ago, SK2006 said:

Why would the board change from a two man grading system to just one man grading and briefing a package? I thought that was a great system to ensure that the packages are graded fairly so if one grade differs from another grade drastically, they would reset and grade again to ensure accurate grading across the board. The only changes I heard of was that your entire career performance is reviewed and all packages (not just crunch zone) are briefed to the board and voted on.

Maybe it was just how the reserves did it?

Guest Submarinecook1stclass

Yeah I just back from school to my command and first day back there talking about what may or may not happen next week. Im going crazy waiting!!!