FY19 Chief Selection Board

Guest OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS)
On 7/27/2018 at 5:16 PM, TM1/SS said:

He's my CMC now! CENSECFOR

Tell him OS1 Smith said hi!

And now, for our featured presentation... A PDF copy of the:

FY-19 Chief Petty Officer Initiation Guidance

Thank you to @CMCWO5 for providing this copy!

Guest MannyTheET

In going back to 3 and 3 reasons:

To get the S

-Show massive bounce back and progression.

-well Documented accomplishments for my junior Sailors (SOQs, SOYs, MAPs, college enrollments, higher than needed quals, so on so forth)

-All them PMEs, MOVSM, CPO365/Sailor360 involvement, Command level stuff (FSA facilitator, SAPR-VA, UPC), LPO at least 12mo,

The N

-No LPO-at-sea, no major Combat Systems quals

-Only my last 2 evals above RSA

-The russians hacked my record (which could also be why I do get the S)

Guest CMCWO5
6 minutes ago, Tony said:

You can also google previous years Season guidance if you'd like to compare. Keep in mind this will not show you any special tips or tricks for getting over during the Season. Think of these like bylaws or traffic lanes to travel in. You will receive the same guidance your first day as a Select.

Guest navyordie123
18 minutes ago, CMCWO5 said:

You can also google previous years Season guidance if you'd like to compare. Keep in mind this will not show you any special tips or tricks for getting over during the Season. Think of these like bylaws or traffic lanes to travel in. You will receive the same guidance your first day as a Select.

Thank you @CMCWO5 for sharing the guidance with us. This is the first time that I have seen this before. Good knowledge

Guest navyordie123

As I have sat here over the weekend, trying not to think about next week and I haven’t thought about it nearly as much as I have in the past. Thoughts always cross my mind of what if I make it and how my life will change and then back to the well here is to studying again for January thoughts. I know that some and hopefully all of our names are on that magically sheet of paper that is sitting on someone’s desk right now and that can’t or won’t change from now until the release date and we try so hard not to stress it but it is human nature and also a huge opportunity for the ones that get selected. Good luck to all and I hope that everyone is having a great weekend with their family and friends. 

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
1 hour ago, MannyTheET said:

In going back to 3 and 3 reasons:

To get the S

-Show massive bounce back and progression.

-well Documented accomplishments for my junior Sailors (SOQs, SOYs, MAPs, college enrollments, higher than needed quals, so on so forth)

-All them PMEs, MOVSM, CPO365/Sailor360 involvement, Command level stuff (FSA facilitator, SAPR-VA, UPC), LPO at least 12mo,

The N

-No LPO-at-sea, no major Combat Systems quals

-Only my last 2 evals above RSA

-The russians hacked my record (which could also be why I do get the S)

I hear you. I hope that massive come back and progression played a huge roll with the board members . I'm on the same boat as you. No pun intended.

Guest Cryptic
On 7/25/2018 at 6:22 PM, TheKardiacKid said:

Alright.... I got an idea for a game to pass the time since I've heard this mentioned several times in this thread. All of us hopefuls are sitting here tapping our feet and telling ourselves "How could they not pick me? I'm fantastic!" followed almost immediately by "Ah forget it, i'm screwed. Better start studying for January". So post your top 3 reasons why you think you WON'T make CPO followed by your top 3 reasons why you think you WILL make it.

I think it could widen some perspective on the wide-variety of candidates the board looks at since I assume we have a high diversity of rates/career paths on here.

Why (S):

1. LPO of 30+ Sailors for three years with documented junior Sailor progression/accomplishments

2. Strong mission impact

3. FCPOA cabinet position and two command level collaterals 

Why not (N):

1. No CPO365 position

2. Only one month at sea as PO1

3. Three of last five evals are not EPs

Guest Cryptic
25 minutes ago, Tony said:

So, taking the data for the last 10 years...

:graphics-3d-smileys-139353:

Is this the NAVADMIN release or the TRIAD release?

So reading that I see that games are not supposed to begin until the NAVADMIN is published.  Wonder if that's different from last year?  A guy I worked with made it, and on the day of triad notification was told to have his whites ready (either that day or the next don't remember).  Also interesting how it emphasizes staying at work.  When I did see the 3 that made it last year, they were usually in the division office.  The guy from QA had to do his job only because he was the only one who could sign off certain quals.  Will be interesting to see if those selected still go on det during the season, or if they stay here with the class.

10 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

Is this the NAVADMIN release or the TRIAD release?

Oops, forgot. 2015 to 2018 is the Triad so this is not accurate.

Guest navyordie123
1 hour ago, TM1/SS said:

Happy Sunday! Here's to hoping this is our last Sunday off for 6 weeks! Enjoy it y'all. 

Happy Sunday to you as well and here is to all of us and the best of luck! Take the time to enjoy this day with everyone we can.

I've managed to stay sufficiently occupied for the entire month of July. It's hard to believe that the day is almost upon us.

Guest navyordie123

Today is going by pretty well and nice and relaxing but I think that is all going to change tomorrow knowing that this is the week for results.  

3 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Today is going by pretty well and nice and relaxing but I think that is all going to change tomorrow knowing that this is the week for results.  

Doing some remodel work on my bathroom.  On leave until the 3rd, so my week will be as calm as my puppy and pre-teen nephew will allow.

Guest Intel
20 hours ago, Tony said:

Big change: MCPON guidance discourages fundraising events!  From what I've seen during other initiation cycles, fundraising was what pretty much ate up Saturdays for Selectees.

Guest TM1/SS

On the a different topic an obviously putting the cart before the horse.... Has anyone else looked up how much one set of every CPO uniform is going to cost.... ( Wife was working and I was drinking with Navy Uniforms pulled up) At a miniumum, no rating badges, insignia, name tapes, yada yada yada..... $1228.40

Guest TheKardiacKid
18 minutes ago, TM1/SS said:

On the a different topic an obviously putting the cart before the horse.... Has anyone else looked up how much one set of every CPO uniform is going to cost.... ( Wife was working and I was drinking with Navy Uniforms pulled up) At a miniumum, no rating badges, insignia, name tapes, yada yada yada..... $1228.40

NEX does 0% financing for 1 year (til that uniform allowance arrives 😉)