FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest TexTLAM

Looking forward to seeing everyone excited about the S tomorrow. For those who get the N, keep your head up and get back on the grind. As one of my  great mentor always says, "Luck is for Suckers!". Hard work is the only thing that gets you where you need to be. Everybody get that good rest tonight because it could get crazy tomorrow.

D-Day is almost upon us. Enjoy your day with your loved ones as we all wait for our names to be called via phone, email, or the official list. 

7 minutes ago, ET1EXWIWSW said:

Great quote.
I'll add on another that is really good to go by: "Hope is not a course of action!"

Does anyone else have another good quote to add?

The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today...

• Like 1

Guest Navyspook

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. All this waiting will soon be over. 

Remember no matter what the outcome tomorrow, remember at the end of the day regardless of if you are a first class, chief, or officer, our sailors still look up to us and it is our job to take care of them. Doing that is what got us to this point and continuing to do that will push us farther in our career. 

26 minutes ago, Navyspook said:

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. All this waiting will soon be over. 

Remember no matter what the outcome tomorrow, remember at the end of the day regardless of if you are a first class, chief, or officer, our sailors still look up to us and it is our job to take care of them. Doing that is what got us to this point and continuing to do that will push us farther in our career. 

Speaking of remembering our roots... I just happened to find my bootcamp "yearbook" today. I was instantly teleported through all of those times from then til now. Ahhh...the memories.

• Cool 1

Guest brownshoe
13 hours ago, ETC(EXW/SW) said:

This is probably the hardest question to answer, and only each individual can answer it. There is no set guide lines or formula on what kind of Chief every Selectee will be, just know that you wont be able to answer it until a year or so afterwards, so don't be so hard on yourself. You will have an idea of what kind you want to be, but after some time you will know what kind of Chief you truly are. You are correct, it is more than rank or a pay raise, it is a mindset and a life style that can be hard to juggle at times. I say the hardest year is your second year, the first you are still trying to figure out your new role and how you may fit into the Mess, that second year is when you come into your own as a Chief and set the course on what kind of Chief you will be known as and the impact you will have - at this time there is no more WANT, it is the reality of what kind of Chief you have become.

First I want to say good luck to you all. If you're here on this forum, you care, about your Sailors, about your family, and about your career. BZ Shipmate.

Second, I could not have said it better than my brother @ETC(EXW/SW) said, however I'll add emphasis that the season for those that get the coveted "S" tomorrow will only be the beginning.  Your mindset will be a variety of emotions and that is OK. The season is a time proven process and it works.

And, yes, the Mess is watching.......... with just as much anticipation as all you very deserving Sailors who are looking for that prize (but I will caution you on that "prize", you will earn it!).

Guest JVARGAS
52 minutes ago, ET1EXWIWSW said:

Great quote.
I'll add on another that is really good to go by: "Hope is not a course of action!"

Does anyone else have another good quote to add?

When in doubt add bacon!!! I'm a CS1

Guest navyordie123

Goodnight to all. May we all try to get some sleep tonight, I wish everyone the best with the up coming day tomorrow and can't wait to see the pre release comments on here and even more the after release comments. Good luck to all my brothers and sisters!

Guest JVARGAS

Good luck everyone!! Unfortunately for me we have a potluck tomorrow  and I've been cooking up a storm. Smoked a pork butt earlier today and just finished pulling it apart.. I still have to shower because I'm drenched in Hickory and Apple wood smoke plus still have to polish my boots and square away my uniform. If I get the S tomorrow I want to make sure i make an entrance.. A positive one for that matter!!! Nighty..Night folks!!! CS1 out!!!

Guest pebzPRmff

I miss the days UIC results came out a day or two in advance and I could tell if I made it because I was usually the only one at my command. Here's a toast to everyone on leave or in PCS that will be anxiously awaiting, praying your commands remember to contact you!  

Guest ChiefDevilDoc

its 2204 GMT. Just now leaving work to head home and get some sleep. All our answers come in 11 hours. Appreciate you all and this forum to pass the time over the last few weeks. A sense of sanity in an insane process. Good luck EVERYONE!