FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest Vietlai

oh and most definitely the wife will be the first call, followed by my Dad.  Then I'll start hitting up my mentors left and right.  Lord knows I've had plenty of them over the years now.

Guest Vietlai
1 minute ago, HMIDC said:

So, I was told that my CO/XO will be in a meeting from now until noon... I guess I have to wait until then...sucks!

I hope they're just trolling, if not, that's very unfortunate, sorry you get an extended wait.

I'm at a det in VA and my command xo/co are in DC. I guess we will have to see if they remember to call since I am out of site out of mind.... =-)

Guest NavyPride34
7 minutes ago, HMIDC said:

So, I was told that my CO/XO will be in a meeting from now until noon... I guess I have to wait until then...sucks!

My CO/CO/CMC has scheduled a meeting with all of the SBE's in a conference room at 1300.  I'm extended till then... sucky.

Guest HMIDC
1 minute ago, NavyPride34 said:

My CO/CO/CMC has scheduled a meeting with all of the SBE's in a conference room at 1300.  I'm extended till then... sucky.

Let's just all hope for the best and may another hour of wait bears the good news.  Good luck to us brothers and sisters!

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
1 hour ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

I hate to tell you, but it's only two spots.  One of them is reserved for my OS1 friend Sally from Afghanistan, and the other is for you!

I don't mind sharing!

Guest Navyspook

I wanted to wish everyone a final good luck and repost something that I said last night. Good luck to all.

No matter what the outcome today, remember at the end of the day regardless of if you are a first class, chief, or officer, our sailors still look up to us and it is our job to take care of them. Doing that is what got us to this point and continuing to do that will push us farther in our career.