FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)

0630 on the west coast...let the games begin.

oh and 4 spots of 96 that made board this year for SELRES OSC, gonna be interesting.

Guest SWSeabee

Beautiful morning here in Maryland, with fewer than 2 hours to go. Trying to pay attention to this contracting class but I just keep looking at the clock and wondering why time won't move faster.

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
6 minutes ago, OS1(SW/EXW) said:

0630 on the west coast...let the games begin.

oh and 4 spots of 96 that made board this year for SELRES OSC, gonna be interesting.

I hate to tell you, but it's only two spots.  One of them is reserved for my OS1 friend Sally from Afghanistan, and the other is for you!

Guest TheKardiacKid
12 minutes ago, calamityjane said:

I literally can't right now. 

Its a fine balance between bouncing out of my chair and trying not to vomit. Good luck everyone!

Guest SwimmerNutty

Good morning everyone! Today is the day and I'm praying when I check back in on this forum that all of you selected! Good luck team!!!!

Guest lydbkguy

Man, been up since 0400, stomach is a mess, nerves are shot.  Hoping for 1 of the 172 spots for LSs.  4th time up in 15 years. Good Luck to all you hopefuls!!! 

Guest calamityjane

I just think about where I was six years ago. I had an unsupportive command; 2.86 eval which was beautifully written--save for the caveat "inability to make good personal choices impacts mission readiness." This was at a shore command. But I shined underway.

I've spent the last five years carefully crafting each eval to precepts. I finished a bachelor's and a master's program, and began my PhD. I've been SOQ twice, a contender for SOY-- triple qual'd. I tested for E7 after only being an E6 for two years. 

I didn't realize how badly I want that S until now, when the thought of a phone call that may never come is being waved in front of my face.

Guest Dhowell

First time poster. "LONG" time stalker!

Good Luck to everyone! Hopefully this is our year!

In a sad attempt to get a laugh, a smile or anything.  I added a pic of what I think the Chiefs are going to do to those Selected!

Pool Party.jpg

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
1 minute ago, Tony said:

I thought I couldn't see the numbers, but I can only see them from an angle!  Looking strait at the screen shows nothing...I blame you Tony.

Guest NavySAR
1 minute ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

I thought I couldn't see the numbers, but I can only see them from an angle!  Looking strait at the screen shows nothing...I blame you Tony.

HAHA, it's so true - I just looked like a real dummy trying to look at my computer from the side, but dang it if you're not right :graphics-3d-smileys-290149:

3 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

You might have Acute Porphyria. I'd recommend some beer & pretzels as a tonic to alleviate your condition!

:o

3 minutes ago, NavySAR said:

HAHA, it's so true - I just looked like a real dummy trying to look at my computer from the side, but dang it if you're not right :graphics-3d-smileys-290149:

You can only see the numbers looking from the side?

Guest ISC(Sel)

Tony, can you change the countdown and subtract 4 min and 55 seconds and force people to watch 4 min and 55 seconds of the Europe singing?

Guest NavySAR
1 minute ago, Tony said:

Oh, are you behind NMCI, or otherwise have javascript disabled?

I am - It shows fine on my iPhone.  I just thought it was funny that I didn't think to highlight them, and certainly didn't think to look at it from an angle..