FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest Navyspook
9 minutes ago, JoeNavyReserve said:

Not sure if it's been posted within the hour, but:

image.png.4c51852f8a4e566960eeb432b4eb1b80.png

It is about time something was put out to make it publicly official. Thanks for the info.

19 minutes ago, SouthernSailor said:

This is generally correct... timeline said 800AM EST on Friday for all hands release...should include BOL as well.

Correct, the BOL and message are the public version. What is new is that it is now 21hrs vs 24hrs later. 

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)

Gonna tell my son first, he has been on me about it.

He is 21 and knows what work and achievement are these days (finally) ;)

Guest The Man

I do not who I am going tell since I'm going through a divorce and don't have any family to speak of. All my mentors will already know. I'm not expecting to make anyways. I'm along the same line as a few others. been eligible for a while and its been N after N after N. If by some change the gods smile on me in the morning then I will have to remember to be humble. not all of us will make it no matter how deserving.

So best of luck to all and may the fortune ever be in your favor.

Guest TRON828
39 minutes ago, OS1(SW/EXW) said:

Gonna tell my son first, he has been on me about it.

He is 21 and knows what work and achievement are these days (finally) ;)

21  YEAR OLD? LOL HOW old are you boss? I feel young with a 2 year old and I'm 34

Guest lydbkguy
7 minutes ago, The Man said:

I do not who I am going tell since I'm going through a divorce and don't have any family to speak of. All my mentors will already know. I'm not expecting to make anyways. I'm along the same line as a few others. been eligible for a while and its been N after N after N. If by some change the gods smile on me in the morning then I will have to remember to be humble. not all of us will make it no matter how deserving.

Good Luck brother... you can come on the forum and share your joy with your Navy family.  Best of luck! 

Guest laurar06
8 minutes ago, The Man said:

Then you will tell us first. :-) Fingers crossed for you.

Guest TRON828

3. Do not falsely post that the results are out. This will result in a ban. Also, do not mislead people into believing the results are out or that they should check BOL. If you try to agitate the crowd, particularly while waiting for the release of the results with comments such as "I HAVE BAD NEWS!!!!" "CHECK BOL TOMORROW!!!" or in any way attempt to get a reaction out of other members or guest; you are out of here.

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009

To all of my AD IT brother and sisters! 1001 IT1's SBE, 193 ITC Selects and 19% advancement. Let's hope the odds are in our favor! It's killing me...softly.

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
9 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

21  YEAR OLD? LOL HOW old are you boss? I feel young with a 2 year old and I'm 34

I am 49, but I act like a 19 yr old most of the time :blink:

Guest SeaBeeDoc
3 hours ago, loudcity said:

By the way. Since we know the results come out tomorrow who will be the first person you will call to tell them the news?

My Kids! they are my biggest cheerleaders!

Guest SeaBeeDoc

So I have been on podium all morning, my students asked if I got the results yet and I told them that they would be out tomorrow a lot of them were saying your gonna make it ,  I told them to be quiet and not to jinx me lol.   That being said, have anyone of you had any dreams about getting Selected or not getting Selected?  Or am the only one? I dreamed that I didn't get selected and then I dreamed that the list was incorrect that I actually did get selected. Oh the Suspense!!!

Guest IT1Dolph
14 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

To all of my AD IT brother and sisters! 1001 IT1's SBE, 194 ITC Selects and 19% advancement. Let's hope the odds are in our favor! It's killing me...softly.

How are you feeling about your chances this year ITJuan?  

1 minute ago, IT1Dolph said:

How are you feeling about your chances this year ITJuan?  

I have my moments. I'm trying reeeeeeeeeeeal hard to think positive. I thought I had it in the bag last year. Come to find out after I received the N, I had a lot of duplicates in my OMPF. It's been fixed ever since. I hope that was the reason why I didn't get selected last year.

How about yourself?

Guest IT1Dolph
Just now, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

I have my moments. I'm trying reeeeeeeeeeeal hard to think positive. I thought I had it in the bag last year. Come to find out after I received the N, I had a lot of duplicates in my OMPF. It's been fixed ever since. I hope that was the reason why I didn't get selected last year.

How about yourself?

Bro I don't know what to think.  This is my second time to the board, third time up.  I don't know man.  I was on shore duty at a Joint command, and now sea duty at a Joint command.  If i'm going to make it, it will be this year.  BUT we never know what the board looks for each year, so...  

no-answer.gif

Guest ABGrape

Making 25 out of 109 ABF1's Hoping to be in there this year. 3rd time up this year with just shy of 15 years in.  Best of luck brothers and sisters !!

Guest ITSME
51 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

To all of my AD IT brother and sisters! 1001 IT1's SBE, 193 ITC Selects and 19% advancement. Let's hope the odds are in our favor! It's killing me...softly.

I didn't realize how many of you guys there are until I went to a command with surface IT's.  I definitely got the death stare when they saw the quota for ITS....

37 minutes ago, IT1Dolph said:

Bro I don't know what to think.  This is my second time to the board, third time up.  I don't know man.  I was on shore duty at a Joint command, and now sea duty at a Joint command.  If i'm going to make it, it will be this year.  BUT we never know what the board looks for each year, so...  

no-answer.gif

What Joint command are you at now?  How are your evals?

Guest NavyITFixitGuy
9 minutes ago, IT1Dolph said:

JCU, EP x3 (1 of 1)

So many of us haha. I'm feeling pretty good on 20%

Congrats on getting selected for JCU in the first place, even being at that command should carry a lot of weight with the board. I'm stuck at NCMS and I think it makes me less competitive.

Guest IT1Dolph
Just now, NavyITFixitGuy said:

So many of us haha. I'm feeling pretty good on 20%

Congrats on getting selected for JCU in the first place, even being at that command should carry a lot of weight with the board. I'm stuck at NCMS and I think it makes me less competitive.

Thanks Brother I appreciate it!!  JCU was ROUGH to get into, but well worth everything I've been through to be here.  If only I would have known about this command earlier in my career...  Just hit my 16 year mark in July, been at the command less than a year.   

On a different note, Any ET or IT's out there if you think you have the stuff I HIGHLY recommend JCU.  By far the BEST command I've ever been to!!!

25 minutes ago, IT1Dolph said:

JCU, EP x3 (1 of 1)

I'm sure the board didn't see that you going to JCU (sea duty billet) from shore duty joint command as being a negative thing. Your evals seem pretty legit.  Like NavyITFixitGuy said, that should carry a lot of weight.